Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5" Radio Swap to 8.4" Uconnect

Gunderson1

Reaction score
All,

Sorry if this discussion is repetitive. Looking for some insight in regards to my recent radio & bezel swap. My previous radio did not have auto climate control and my new one has auto climate control. Everything works great on my radio, except for my climate. When I turn on truck the heat goes full blast, and I cannot adjust it with the knobs. Has anyone ran into this at all? If so what are the fixes needed? I have read that the OBD can be used to learn the program, just not sure which one would work.

Thanks all for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

Wasagapaul

Reaction score
All,

Sorry if this discussion is repetitive. Looking for some insight in regards to my recent radio & bezel swap. My previous radio did not have auto climate control and my new one has auto climate control. Everything works great on my radio, except for my climate. When I turn on truck the heat goes full blast, and I cannot adjust it with the knobs. Has anyone ran into this at all? If so what are the fixes needed? I have read that the OBD can be used to learn the program, just not sure which one would work.

Thanks all for the help, it is greatly appreciated!
Have you been able to fix your issue.
I just made the same swap and I can not get the screen to activate what so ever neitherdo3s the climate control. I have hazards lights and trailer breaks tolerance that's it. I know there is power to both units, have tried canbus resets waited 24 hours multiple key cycles still can not get it to
initiate.
Any thoughts.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
isn't this where alfaobd comes into play, when you don't buy one pre-programmed?

Wasagapaul

Reaction score
It did come with a programmer. And still won't come on. This why I am looking for other possible reasons or solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread