Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4wd lever

Longhorn

Reaction score
I’m kinda liking the power wagon , but I just noticed that there is a 4wd lever by the center console taking away from the huge Swiss army center console that is in the 1500, so essentially there is a smaller console. Am I seeing this right?

Deleted Member

Reaction score
Yes, the lever is the way to go, I assume these trucks still have an electronic CAD (center axle disconnect) like the 4th gens, however that lever is so nice for slipping it in and out of 4x4 on demand. I can’t stand pushing some button and waiting for things to happen. Well I guess in the case of the 4th gen HDs w/electrically actuated transfer cases it is knob, however you get the point.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
That lever is much better for a functional device on a hard use truck than an electronic solenoid. It's one reason I like a Tradesman.

My opinion of course, and yours may be different!

D

Deleted member 80

There are still electronics involved with the central axle disconnect to engage the front axle, so I prefer the knob, and cleaner floor.

Jj517

Reaction score
had the 1500 limited now i have a bomb ass 2500 POWER WAGON trust me i rather have the 4X4 shifter then that stupid center console it looks nice its great about 5 min the PW set up is a lot nicer

jeff

Reaction score
My '14 2500 Trademan had the transfer case shifter in the floor and I loved it. It was very smooth and instantly put it in 4 WD. I wish they would make it an option in all Ram models to have the shifter in the floor. It is just about a game changer for me, and it looks studly! lol

Distillusion

Reaction score
Had a few situations in cold weather where I couldn't get the shifter to throw into 4wd. That's been a long time ago. But I grew up with granny gears, and I'm glad I don't need them anymore. I kinda like having the larger console/storage space where the shifter would be, so I'm good with electronic shifting. Guess I'm getting old. :)

Users who are viewing this thread