Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 digit anti theft code ? Is there a dealer I can call?

Maka14

Reaction score
I’m getting a 8.4 to upgrade my truck. I’ll have the vin number. Does anyone know of a dealer I can call and get the code from?

jadmt

Reaction score
you need to show proof of ownership. anyone can get the VIN from a vehicle the radio was taken from, so I doubt they will give it over the phone.

Maka14

Reaction score
The proof of ownership is me using the 4 digit pin to get a radio working lol. My dealers around me here in New York like to charge an hours labor for almost everything even stupid stuff.

jadmt

Reaction score
again you need to walk in to a dealership with proof of ownership otherwise what prevents me from stealing your radio, taking a photo of your vin and calling a dealership to get the code. maybe I am confused on what you are trying to do but the way I read your first post is you were buying an 8.4 and needed the security code. If that is the case the original owner should have suppled you with the code. If I misunderstood disregard.

Maka14

Reaction score
Original owner doesn’t have the code. Don’t believe many people just have a code that’s already programmed in it from the factory. They used to put them in the booklets in the glove box with the earlier my gig radios. And it’s no different than if I steal a radio and then just walk into a dealership with the vin and radio .... they don’t know how I received it. My radio is being mailed out tomorrow. I guess I’ll make a few calls when it comes in.

jadmt

Reaction score
Original owner doesn’t have the code. Don’t believe many people just have a code that’s already programmed in it from the factory. They used to put them in the booklets in the glove box with the earlier my gig radios. And it’s no different than if I steal a radio and then just walk into a dealership with the vin and radio .... they don’t know how I received it. My radio is being mailed out tomorrow. I guess I’ll make a few calls when it comes in.
I believe when you walk in you need the vin number and registration along with the radio. The original owner should have provided you with the code. I would tell him to hold off mailing it until he gets the code. should be easy for him to go to a dealer and get it.

Snaps3500

Reaction score
FYI
To get the code the dealership can provide as long as you show a Vehicle Title or a current owners card with ID. This is also the case to have the dealership cut or program a key fob for the vehicle as well. I hope this helps out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I’m getting a 8.4 to upgrade my truck. I’ll have the vin number. Does anyone know of a dealer I can call and get the code from?
All you need to do is call any dealership parts department, give them the original VIN and the serial number off the back of the radio, and they should give you the 4 digit code. It is the RF Hub PIN that the dealership needs you in person with proof of ownership for. If they are wanting to charge you for it, just pay the $13 to get the code here- https://www.carstereocode.com/

Maka14

Reaction score
Called my local dealer and they were able to call me back and provide me with the 4 digit code. Problem is my bezel is wrong and I can’t use the 8.4 right now until I get the correct bezel with the single hvac controls not the dual climate. It blast the heat on defrost by default and can’t change anything g.

Users who are viewing this thread