Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.5 Gen Full Guard PW Compatible Winch Bumper

UglyViking

Reaction score
I feel personally that the AEV and Expedition One bumpers fit the design of the Ram the best without being too gaudy. Personally, I favor the AEV one a touch since it is stamped and follows the curves of the truck better, but I feel the EO bumper has better approach and a slightly better looking guard.

Gotta be honest, I really wish I was able to just keep the factory bumper and have the front winch but alas it's not possible. I'm jealous of you PW dudes.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I feel personally that the AEV and Expedition One bumpers fit the design of the Ram the best without being too gaudy. Personally, I favor the AEV one a touch since it is stamped and follows the curves of the truck better, but I feel the EO bumper has better approach and a slightly better looking guard.

Gotta be honest, I really wish I was able to just keep the factory bumper and have the front winch but alas it's not possible. I'm jealous of you PW dudes.

I agree that the AEV one is the best looking option, but as with just about every bumper I've seen for the PW I don't see the advantage over the OEM PW one. Unless you're going for full zombie protection like the OP. For off-roading I don't mind my bumper being able to bend instead of breaking or bending bolts.

I have been checking the AEV site at least once a day for a few months waiting for their rear bumper to get in-stock. That seems like a functional upgrade over the OEM one.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I agree that the AEV one is the best looking option, but as with just about every bumper I've seen for the PW I don't see the advantage over the OEM PW one. Unless you're going for full zombie protection like the OP. For off-roading I don't mind my bumper being able to bend instead of breaking or bending bolts.

I have been checking the AEV site at least once a day for a few months waiting for their rear bumper to get in-stock. That seems like a functional upgrade over the OEM one.
Yeah, if you're going full zombie you prob want something that is welded in place anyway.

Rear bumper does look functional, honestly I think their front one is too for the diesel guys. You have to replace the bumper to get a winch in there, unless you want to mount it onto a temp mount. I think it's one of the better looking options.

Users who are viewing this thread