Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.5 Gen Full Guard PW Compatible Winch Bumper

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Fellow Inmates,

After spending quite a bit of time searching here and generally on the internet, looking at many bumper manufactures, I am finding a limited choice on a full grill guard bumper that is compatible with our 4.5 gen PW's. I have found several 'bumpers' but not those that have the full guard like the traditional "Roo Pusher" ARB which is the king in my opinion. ARB's site does not list their latest model for our trucks and after a few attempts to contact them, they are don't appear to be interested in responding. This is for a 2021 Tradesman PW, and I need to be able to hit a whitetail dear at 60-70 mph without spilling my coffee. Those sneaky sudcisidal critters dart out in front of me all the time. I have hit two of them, and they like to leap up at the last second to lovingly embrace one's grill making their best impression on the radiator.

- ARB appears to be out for the time being unless someone out there can confirm the Summit Bar works for our generation of PWs and winch?
- Warn Ascent HD Bumper with grill guard 107002: Now this is one nice looking setup and exactly what I am looking for. I emailed them today asking about fitment for our rigs.
- Expedition One: There is no center bar for the grill leaving it totally exposed and a perfect opening for a leaping creature, or a taller standing creature, or anything the size of a 5 gallon bucket. I don't get it. Why design such a magnificent creation but leave a gaping hole allowing the soft bits to fend for themselves?
- Ranch Hand does not list one
- Aluminess does not list one
- AEV's does not have a full grill guard option
- Fab Fours has something similar but a bit odd looking. This may be an option, but I have not contacted them.
- Road Armor thinks their stuff is dipped in gold and may or may not guarantee its owners to be more attractive to the opposite sex
- Then there are a dozen or so out there either missing the grill guard portion or not listed for the PW.

Any advice, leads, rabbit holes, etc?

DINKELROCK

Reaction score
The stuff Fab Fours makes for Jeeps is Fugly IMO. I'm interested in your final pick, no dear to speak of where I live, but defiantly where I travel too for camping/ fishing.

jupp0r

Reaction score
2c3c3cbcbd768c2dcbc1fddc32c8bb72.jpg

Sound like you need to save up for Road Armor

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Warn Ascent HD Bumper with grill guard 107002: Warn did respond.

"Unfortunately we have never done fitment of this winch on our aftermarket bumper so we are not able to give you a guarantee. That said we have seen others make it work with putting in some work. For example The remote connection will work it just won’t be ideal. The long clutch lever is also rotated down when the winch is feet down, so there would be interference with the bumper. The bottom line is this would be on you to work out and you would be purchasing at your own risk"

I applaud Warn for responding so quickly. Hmm, I can cut some holes as needed, but at the same time, if one is going to spend $2,500+ on a part, it would be best if it didn't require heavy modification. I suppose the option is on the table, but hopefully something else turns up.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
- Road Armor thinks their stuff is dipped in gold and may or may not guarantee its owners to be more attractive to the opposite sex
I almost spilled my coffee laughing at this!

How much different are the PW mounting points from the general HD trucks?

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
I think it all has to do with the factory PW winch and its differences.

I found another one I am looking into. I sent them an email to confirm compatibility.
RAM FRONT WINCH BUMPER FOR 19-21 DODGE RAM 2500-5500 X SERIES BLACK HAMMERHEAD ARMOR
SKU: 600-56-0958

Also, I emailed Expedition One about theirs to start a dialogue about that product.

Also, also, I emailed Ranch Hand to see if they had something in the works and maybe needed a test mule because I am fairly close to them I think.

Also, also, also I emailed Fab Fours about theirs to start a dialogue about that product.

Also, also, also, also I emailed Iron Cross about theirs to start a dialogue about that product.

Also, also, also, also, also, no more alsos.

Last edited:

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Update:

Hammerhead Armor: Does not fit.

Fab Fours: At first they thought it was going to work but after some back and forth with them and sending a pic of the clutch lever, they determined that it would not work. They responded quickly, and I applaud their quick turnaround, but no dice. They sounded like they were going to look into it though.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
2c3c3cbcbd768c2dcbc1fddc32c8bb72.jpg

Sound like you need to save up for Road Armor

From what I am learning, unless they cut a clutch access panel to the left of the fairlead, this bumper will not work with our winches. Or, at least, it would be an incredible pain in the bum to use if there is no interference. It could also use a remote plug bracket for convivence. That and it cost more than two of the vehicles in my driveway, so no.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Another one bites the dust.

ARB:
Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately we do not offer a summit bumper for the 2021 RAM 2500. We may add this to our product line at some point in the future.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Inmates,

It appears we may have a winner. I have been in contact with Expedition One regarding this design, but also asking why there isn't center tubing to protect the grill area. They responded to say the Rand Max Ultra HD from bumper will work with the Power Wagon winch. The one on the website is the full bull bar hoop but when you add the XD bull bar, they include a middle piece. I was unclear and sent this remarkably professional sketch back to them. They confirmed that my sketch was correct, but they did not have a picture of one yet.

ExpOneBumper.png

I was getting the feeling it was going to be somewhat of a lost cause for now and had all but resigned to start looking into add-on grill guards. I spent the funds on a set of 35s, updated/added some recovery gear, a GRMS radio and some interior mole additions. Now I am too broke to order the bumper quite yet, lol. Hopefully this information helps you folks out though.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Inmates,

It appears we may have a winner. I have been in contact with Expedition One regarding this design, but also asking why there isn't center tubing to protect the grill area. They responded to say the Rand Max Ultra HD from bumper will work with the Power Wagon winch. The one on the website is the full bull bar hoop but when you add the XD bull bar, they include a middle piece. I was unclear and sent this remarkably professional sketch back to them. They confirmed that my sketch was correct, but they did not have a picture of one yet.

View attachment 17160

I was getting the feeling it was going to be somewhat of a lost cause for now and had all but resigned to start looking into add-on grill guards. I spent the funds on a set of 35s, updated/added some recovery gear, a GRMS radio and some interior mole additions. Now I am too broke to order the bumper quite yet, lol. Hopefully this information helps you folks out though.

If you have a front camera be mindful of the cross bar placement.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
If you have a front camera be mindful of the cross bar placement.
That's a great point and one I did not consider. I do not have the front camera option. I will be mounting a GoPro on the front and using a phone when off-road to see what the heck that massive hood is hiding.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Inmates,

View attachment 17160

This is on their website:

1622717468058.png

Stojanowski

Reaction score
Inmates,

View attachment 17160

I would really consider this and their back bumper if I wasn't on the fence for a Ford lightning

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
I was wishing for a rear winch last weekend, and that may not be a terrible idea. I already have one of those receiver mounted winch trays.

I stuck the PW in a deceivingly wet field covered in grass with nothing to winch out going forward. I had the rear locked but the front open. My buddy got the satisfaction of pulling out the "mighty Power Wagon" with his Wrangler.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Fab Fours sent me another email this morning. It sounds like they are interested but no solution quite yet. I will keep updating as I get info.

We reached out to WARN and they stated the winch was flipped over and facing down to fit in the space. They also said there is a clutch handle extension. Our tech said in the image provided by you there is not clutch extension so he still cannot provide us with better information till we get our hands on one.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
OP: Just thought I'd update that RanchHand does now make a PowerWagon compatible brush guard. My neighbor a few houses down just got one on his 4.5 Gen PW.

Users who are viewing this thread