Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4×4 Off-Road Package Returns For 2019 Model Year:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
4×4 Off-Road Package Returns For 2019 Model Year:
Ram 2500 Crew Cab & Mega Cab Can Be Equipped...

1548635635148.png

We have been talking about the new 2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon a lot on here lately. While the Power Wagon is the most capable off-road rock crawling truck one could buy at the moment, there is many who want a Heavy Duty with a little more capability than the standard 4x4 package without having to jump into the hardcore off-roading Power Wagon.

Well for 2019, Ram is bringing back the popular 4x4 Off-Road package on Ram 2500 models. The package will be available on Crew Cab and Mega Cab models on Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn and Limited models.

The 4x4 Off-Road package includes the following...

• Hill-Descent Control
  • Tow hooks
  • Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • Bilstein Shocks (Tuned For The 4x4 Off-Road Package)
  • Limited-Slip Differential
  • On-/Off-Road tires (18-inch or Optional 20-inch)
  • Wheel Flares
  • 4x4 Off-Road Decal
Pricing for the 2019 Ram Heavy Duty models have yet to be announced. We expect Ram to release pricing in February as the truck is already available for ordering at your local Ram dealer and should be coming to showrooms in March.

https://www.hdrams.com/2019/01/27/4x4-off-road-package-returns-for-2019-model-year/

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Before this was the reason I wasnt going to get a regular cab or 3500. Since it doesnt include the eLocker...I might go 3500.

I really did want the Hill Descent, but it isn't worth losing the Tradesman black grille and bumper (also wish the Tradesman with Powerwagon Package didnt get the chrome bumpers either).

The Snow Chief package gets you most of that anyways...except the shocks, hill descent, and sticker, and I can also pass on the fender flares.

I will keep hoping for an Outdoorsman Package like I explained in another thread.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Go 3500.... I am. Not much more price wise, but can haul and tow a lot more. I am assuming the wheel flares they are referring to are the fender flares that are the same as on the Laramie and up packages anyway. Like you said , you can get the important stuff with the snow chief package..... however I might have to buy those stickers though, I like them but not worth staying with a 2500 though.

Users who are viewing this thread