Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd gens for sale?

Heckyl

Reaction score
Any 3rd generation ( specifically 2004.5- 2007.5, 5.9L, 3500, SRW, 4X4 ) truck anyone would consider selling?

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Any 3rd generation ( specifically 2005 - 2007, 5.9L, 3500, SRW, 4X4 ) truck anyone would consider selling?

Add 04.5 to your list. Pretty much the same as the 05 (HO engine). Some minor TPS differences depending on build date but otherwise 04.5 = 05.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Add 04.5 to your list. Pretty much the same as the 05 (HO engine). Some minor TPS differences depending on build date but otherwise 04.5 = 05.
Roger that, thanks.

Squatch

Reaction score
I’ve test driven three 600 series cummins in the past two weeks, every one of them was trashed/worn out and had price tags in the 20s...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve test driven three 600 series cummins in the past two weeks, every one of them was trashed/worn out and had price tags in the 20s...

That's too bad.

My 2004.5 325/600 2500 was a peach. Though it could have used a trans rebuild (TC and friction packs), it still pulled it's rated weight. Still kicking myself for selling it. 72K miles.

Added exhaust brake and a few minor mods (exh manf, intake). Started asking $24K, came down a bit, sold it twice but buyers flaked. Last asking price at $22K and I sold it for $20K in a day. Third buyer finally came through. Took me 4 weeks to soft sell it via Facebook and Nextdoor.

Squatch

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve been kicking myself for getting rid of mine as well.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Most of these trucks are very high miles, trashed out and rusted. They are famous for rusting the wheel wells. In fact, I just replaced the bed sides and painted on an 06 that I currently have. That is why you see so many in this generation with fender flares that is covering the rust. I’m going to keep looking for another one. I just love the 5.9L Cummins, durability, and that sweeeeeeet sound.

Squatch

Reaction score
Haha, after the third one my wife stepped in and told me I have to wait until we get into our “forever home” before I can keep looking at these 3rd gens. ****...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of these trucks are very high miles, trashed out and rusted. They are famous for rusting the wheel wells. In fact, I just replaced the bed sides and painted on an 06 that I currently have. That is why you see so many in this generation with fender flares that is covering the rust. I’m going to keep looking for another one. I just love the 5.9L Cummins, durability, and that sweeeeeeet sound.

No rust in Colorado.

Truck had a little surface rust on frame and suspension, but otherwise clean. Interior a bit faded from sun, but otherwise perfect. Needed tires soon. I would have gotten more but there was some unfixed clearcoat rash on the roof along with hail dents, and a touch of clearcoat rash starting on the hood. The guy that bought it uses it as a welding/tow rig for his business. His first diesel and he's loving it.
20200324_161012.jpg2500 with utility bed.jpg

They're out there, just have to find the right motivated seller and be quick about it.

Users who are viewing this thread