Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37x11.5R20 Nitto or Others

NightTrain

Reaction score
My ride: 2022 2500 Limited Hemi with 3" front coil and 1" rear spacer from Thuren

I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. I've searched other threads, google and don't even get me started on the story tellers on Fakebook. Ideally, I'd like to run 37x11.5R20 on my stock NE wheels but, I get conflicting info on whether or not I'll have to trim the wheel well and possibly pinch weld - something I'm not willing to do. So I'm looking for anyone who has experience with this application - I think Nitto right now is the only one making this size. Anyone running this and if so, any trimming needed? I don't mind a little rub on the radius arm and/or sway bar, I'm thinking of getting the Thuren sway bar anyhow. Pics would be great.

I can't believe all the misinformation floating around out there (not this site). I'd have people telling me they were running 37x12.5 on stock wheels and a level only with no rubbing or trimming. Then see the same person comment later on about the 2" spacers they have installed to clear the 37's. It's maddening.

TIA

MtnRider

Reaction score
It's such a rare size you are going to have a hard time finding your answer. I don't know anyone running it. You "might" rub the control arms on stock rims? Here is a link to some great tire fitment information, unfortunately it only covers the more popular 12.5 tires.

NightTrain

Reaction score
It's such a rare size you are going to have a hard time finding your answer. I don't know anyone running it. You "might" rub the control arms on stock rims? Here is a link to some great tire fitment information, unfortunately it only covers the more popular 12.5 tires.

Yeah, it's been tough finding anyone running this setup. Thanks for the reply - good info in there.

tchur1

Reaction score
On stock wheels I’d bet you rub a bit. You generally need 18+mm offset at min to clear 37s. Im on stock suspension with 37x12.50s and +18mm offset wheels and had minimal trimming of the fender liner but no need to trim the pinch weld.

NightTrain

Reaction score
Did you end up getting these tires? I’m looking at doing the same setup. Just curious how it turned out if you did?
I didn't. I ended up buying new wheels with 20+ mm offset and plan on running 37x12.5 on them.

flyhiguy85

Reaction score
Is anyone out there running the Nittos in a 37x11.50R20? Just curious how much they rub the radius arms. I'd prefer not to install a spacer if I don't have to.

flyhiguy85

Reaction score
Any update? What wheel size did you go with?
I still have not pulled the trigger. I’m not going to buy new wheels for sure. I’m still trying to figure out if I want to swallow the $2000 pill for the 37x11.50R20s. It’d be nice to know if anyone was running this tire on stock wheels to know whether they are rubbing or not.

chas0218

Reaction score
I didn't. I ended up buying new wheels with 20+ mm offset and plan on running 37x12.5 on them.
Any photos of the new wheels and setup. I have a set of +12 offsets and stock out slightly past the fender. I'm just wondering how much the 20+ stock out. Any rubbing issues? I want 38x12.5 but like you i don't want to trim pinch welds.

NightTrain

Reaction score
Any photos of the new wheels and setup. I have a set of +12 offsets and stock out slightly past the fender. I'm just wondering how much the 20+ stock out. Any rubbing issues? I want 38x12.5 but like you i don't want to trim pinch welds.
They stick out a bit, not bad tho. I’ve put about 600 miles on them but haven’t trimmed anything yet-I don’t off-road. The only time they scrubbed the liner is when I pulled off the road into a parking lot that had a big hump at the entrance and it didn’t scrub that bad at all. No rubbing at all on the sway bar, which is stock, or the radius arms at full lock.2146C5CA-EB4C-4C61-87E4-CC241DFDF620.jpeg3CB653BF-BE44-42FD-A2F8-42D5CEA73C53.jpeg3C00F5FF-4BEE-4BAA-841A-C8AF248D91D7.jpeg

chas0218

Reaction score
I screwed up mine are -12 so they stick out a bit. Wish mine sit more flush to the fender but is what it is. You think with less offset they would still rub? Mine stick out about 1.5". Enough to throw mud all over the side .

Attachments

• IMG-20221130-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20221130-WA0002.jpeg
    886.5 KB · Views: 48

NightTrain

Reaction score
I screwed up mine are -12 so they stick out a bit. Wish mine sit more flush to the fender but is what it is. You think with less offset they would still rub? Mine stick out about 1.5". Enough to throw mud all over the side .
I did a lot of reading about tire size and offset before I pulled the trigger on this setup. I’ve read a few guys had to trim the pinch weld and fender liner running negative offset

chas0218

Reaction score
I did a lot of reading about tire size and offset before I pulled the trigger on this setup. I’ve read a few guys had to trim the pinch weld and fender liner running negative offset
Yeah saw that too, I'm liking the "stance" of my truck. Not too much yee yee but enough to have the look i wanted. I might just have to get the old tape measure out or make a 2" wood block to check clearances. I think I'll clear the arms no problem but the plastic mud guards and pinch welds are something i don't want to mess with.

map22364

Reaction score
Are those the Fuel Covert Anthracite? They look really good with the Billet Silver.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
I got the 37x11.5r20 trail grapplers put on today by mistake, I order the ridge grapplers and my tire shop ordered the trail grapplers instead. Unfortunately I was in a rush to pick up my truck because I need it for work so I wasn’t paying attention until I got to freeway speeds and realized how loud they were.

They look amazing and only rub a little more than my 295/65r20s, the rubbing sounds worse because of the tread pattern causes it to not rub then rub and then not rub again.

The decision maker is going to be if they charge me for the Mts rather than the ats when they call tomorrow.

a2ae9207836fe30f8dc60c1cbc993b0b.jpg

phatboy64

Reaction score
Looks good! In my opinion they should only charge you for the cheaper pair assume nt you want to keep the ones on the truck.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
Yeah they called and honored the quote for the all terrains, I have a couple hundred miles on these and I want to keep them. The road noise only took a few minutes to get used to and isn’t loud enough to disturb listening to pod casts and even with medium volume music I can’t hear them at all, and they just look really good.

phatboy64

Reaction score
nice! Like others have said, these trucks should have come with 37s on them.

Users who are viewing this thread