Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The kit you need is much different than the recall kit, I’d think with a 4% CP4 failure rate they would have the kits for grenaded pumps in stock.
The warehouse does to my understanding

Aketay

Reaction score
I appreciate the information and will certainly consider it in the future going forward. Kind of already stuck with one dealer and it's been there 7 weeks in the DFW.
I hope your not at Richardson’s, lying sack of potatoes charged me for work not done when I broke down there a few years back.

john robasse

Reaction score
If you truck breaks down, you go into the line of first come first serve. People who have operational trucks are treated the same as a break downs or dead trucks.

The truck worked fine, driving one afternoon at end of July 2022 started to loose power, came to a stop light and truck completely shut down / died (it was the fuel pump).
Would not restart, just kept cranking and cranking. Finally PD came to help push truck to side of road until tow truck arrives since the truck died in an intersection at rush hour.
Truck taken to dealer and will not be fixed for 4 months due to backorder or HPFP (Y78 Recall). I am in line with other people, who have not yet lost their truck, but all the same, first come first serve. There is no emergency provision and no exception to fast fix due to backorder, that is the excuse.
This is a new truck; 2020 RAM 3500 6.7L 4:10 ASIN Limited with 31k miles. Dead in the lot.

When spoke with RAM Care front line receptionist - multiple times I get nowhere, they tell me my case is being reviewed but the case manager is always on the phone or out of the office at the moment.
They did assign me a case, that is pointless knowing the backorder is 4+ months.
I have started the process of connecting with local attorneys on this matter, it seems negligent to hold my truck for repair and not provide any reasonable time solution (hopefully the attorney will have an answer because I have never heard of this repairs taking so long on a disabled vehicle and first come first serve).

According to Texas Lemon laws, this truck when disabled non-functional is a Lemon where the dealer cannot return the truck within 30 days (30 days total max combined down time within 24 months of purchase). I have had this truck 20 months and no solutions to getting it back since the parts are on backorder and the waiting list if first come first serve.
I am hoping this is not a Lemon case, I just want the truck back. But the manner in how RAM is handling this is just plain horrible. You break down in an intersection, have the vehicle towed to the nearest dealer, learn the (Y78) recall is the issue, there are no loaner vehicles available and the truck will not be repaired for 4+ months.

RAM Care says 2 pumps per month per dealer no exceptions.
This is really messed up to purchase a $90k truck and have no access to this vehicle until it is repaired in November 2022 or later due to parts backorder.
I purchase this truck knowing it is a RAM 3500, durable, reliable and great service behind the brand. Not the experience I have witnessed or received.
I've spoken with RAM customer care a few times myself....no help and very rude. My 2019 2500 is still running but the service managers from two different dealerships strongly advise against driving it
for the same reasons you just mentioned. I bought the truck thinking that I would have a reliable truck to tow my travel trailer; now I can't/shouldn't use either. RAM customer care told me that if the vehicle breaks down it will be covered under warranty, but what about the costs of having my trailer recovered from out of state? I was also told that I could rent a vehicle until mine was repaired and then submit a claim for reimbursement. When asked if they would cover the reimbursement RAM Customer care said "they should". They should and They will are two very different things. I have since been in touch with CDSP and have requested a hearing. They have told me that my vehicle is eligible for the program. Basically because they can not provide a "reasonable timeline" when the repair will be made and secondly because it is a SAFETY Recall.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I've spoken with RAM customer care a few times myself....no help and very rude. My 2019 2500 is still running but the service managers from two different dealerships strongly advise against driving it
for the same reasons you just mentioned. I bought the truck thinking that I would have a reliable truck to tow my travel trailer; now I can't/shouldn't use either. RAM customer care told me that if the vehicle breaks down it will be covered under warranty, but what about the costs of having my trailer recovered from out of state? I was also told that I could rent a vehicle until mine was repaired and then submit a claim for reimbursement. When asked if they would cover the reimbursement RAM Customer care said "they should". They should and They will are two very different things. I have since been in touch with CDSP and have requested a hearing. They have told me that my vehicle is eligible for the program. Basically because they can not provide a "reasonable timeline" when the repair will be made and secondly because it is a SAFETY Recall.
They are putting fear in you when they advise you “not to use it” thats plain wrong its a small chance of failure they should not be saying that

Cseybert

Reaction score
I was talking to my son the other day he has a 21 Chevrolet high country DEF issues at the dealership now don’t know when parts are going to be available. I told him if that happened to my 22 3500 DRW Laramie and I had to make an appointment and then they told me they can’t look at it for three days. I would tell them OK I’ll be back in three days come three days and I went back and they told me parts are weeks out. I would take the truck back home. Call me when you get parts. Leaving your vehicle at the dealership with those morons it’s just crazy. I don’t care if I would have to tow it back-and-forth.

leeparnell89

Reaction score
Just an UPDATE; November 11th and NO parts. That is right, truck still sits on the dealer service lot with no parts available. Many are saying if and when your truck fails, take it outside the city, my truck is in DFW area. Terrible mistake from what I understand, now that the attorneys are working on a settlement I can't even move the truck unless I want to start over from some other dealership outside the city. I need a truck, this truck has significant damage to it now due to sitting in the same spot with many vehicles opening doors right into this truck side. Needless to say, if RAM did not "restrict" the parts for 2 per month to each dealer it would have been fixed or not. I was 4th on a list in August 5th, I am still 4th on the list in October and today is November 11th with no solutions. Put it this way, it feels like I am making $1400/month payments in the Texas sewer.
My cousin's grenaded about 3 weeks ago, took it to Bruner in Stephenville and they should have it fixed up here shortly, according to them. Apparently last I heard from him earlier this week everything had come in but injectors. Ram will send out the kits, I'm afraid it's the dealer that is an issue.

Funny enough he borrowed mine to haul a tractor because of this, and my PCM decided it was tired of life somewhere around Pecos. Ram cares screwed me and would only haul it to Monahans where the wait is 1.5 months before they would even look at it and just left it there allowing no say so from me. I went and got it and brought it up here where I knew the dealers had some swing or would at least go to bat for me. PCM is a week or two more they say. So now our trucks sit side by side broke down.

flan

Reaction score
Just an update: going into 18 weeks now and "still waiting on parts". Need the entire fuel system replaced including the tank, lines, injectors, etc... not just the pump.
That’s terrible, hopefully they are taking responsibility for payments, etc with such excessive downtime.

thecastle

Reaction score
Just lemon it and be done. Sorry it had to be this way. Heck maybe lemoning the car will help get the dealer off their lazy, lying a$$. If they really wanted to help you they could give you a used loaner truck. But they don't give a crap. So my recommendation move on, they will lie and say the repairs are right around the corner, but are they really?

Also don't lawyer up, I can speak from experience. The dealers pockets are much, much deeper than yours. Its unfortunate, but the reality of our "justice" system is the dealers can spend a lot more on lawyers than you will ever be able to. They can send you nuisance demand letters and lawsuits that don't even have to be true. But it will cost you a lot of money to defend yourself and years, hundreds of hours and 10's of K to prove you're right. So you loose even if you "win"

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Awful awful. Sorry to see this happening.

Users who are viewing this thread