Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 TPIS

D

Deleted member 80

So, aside from the trailer TPMS debacle, I am curious as to the operation of the dually truck TPIS vs the TPMS on a 2500. I have read that it won't pester you at every startup if you air down when empty, which I like, BUT if you run over something and suffer a pressure loss will it alert you at all, or do you just have to keep viewing that screen?

Don-T

Reaction score
There are no alarms in the TPIS. It is a display only. If you want to know what is gong on with tire air pressures you have to look at the display.

D

Deleted member 80

Thanks, I downloaded the owners manual, and read that portion. It's funny that aftermarket kits can distinguish between the normal drift of pressure, or deflation due to damage, based on pressure change/time, but the OEM system doesn't. I'll be glad to be able to air down without the EVIC pestering me at every start.

Don-T

Reaction score
If you wanted to go through the trouble I think you can get the AlfsOBD software and required hardware and change a 3500 to TPMS. I believe once you do that, you can set the alarm levels the way you want them. The guys on Ram Forum can help with that.

Users who are viewing this thread