Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285/65r20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T on stock 2022 Night Edition 2500

Weldpipe

Reaction score
B154B2CC-60BB-472D-8D35-399E8E9C5935.jpeg
Was hard for me to find so figured I’d post what 285/65r20 looks like on a stock suspension 2500. Zero rubbing anywhere, which is what I wanted/expected. Specs say they’re 34.6” diameter, haven’t measured on truck. Very happy with tires so far, didn’t take much to balance, quiet at stock, super smooth on highway. We’ll see on the dirt roads and snow in another month or so

Attachments

• 693FFC35-0A1B-4EE6-97A5-A9B66C3882A5.jpeg
    693FFC35-0A1B-4EE6-97A5-A9B66C3882A5.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 182
  • CEC4F363-5C40-4501-9E87-270F06307754.jpeg
    CEC4F363-5C40-4501-9E87-270F06307754.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 182

RTillery

Reaction score
I just got back from hunting in Colorado with these Baja Boss ATs on my Jeep. I wanted a "Pizza Cutter" tall skinny on it and when the 255/85R17 came out, it was perfect . I was in snow, mud and ice pulling a utility trailer with my JKU. The tires performed great. We were in pretty rough stuff every day and used 4Lo and lockers in steep and slick conditions pretty often. Never a question on traction. Smooth running and quiet tire on the highway, mountain peak/snow rated, and I'd put them on my 3500 SRW as the next set.

The1adman

Reaction score
I just put a set of stock size 275/70R18 Baja Boss AT on. Really like the look and ride, I was a bit bummed with how much weight 2 of the 4 tires took to balance. They will be exponentially better than the Transforce they replaced.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
I am loving my Baja Boss ATs as well. I've had snow on all the roads near my house for a couple of weeks now and these tires have really gripped in packed snow, deep snow and even patchy ice (not a dedicated winter tire... but for an AT they do really well).

Weldpipe

Reaction score
I am loving my Baja Boss ATs as well. I've had snow on all the roads near my house for a couple of weeks now and these tires have really gripped in packed snow, deep snow and even patchy ice (not a dedicated winter tire... but for an AT they do really well).
Glad to hear about the snow. I’m still surprised as to how quiet they are, can’t tell a difference at all to the horrible firestones. Not much snow here in the farm town I live in but tons at the cabin. Got 3’ in a day last year and the 4x4 actuators in my old truck went out….no fun running chains when I shouldn’t need to.

Dave01

Reaction score
Glad to hear about the snow. I’m still surprised as to how quiet they are, can’t tell a difference at all to the horrible firestones. Not much snow here in the farm town I live in but tons at the cabin. Got 3’ in a day last year and the 4x4 actuators in my old truck went out….no fun running chains when I shouldn’t need to.
Thanks for posting, I am probably doing the same thing in the next few weeks. I can't stay with the Transforce's for winter use, and when I make the change will go to 285/65-20. I'm leaning toward Falken Wildpeak A/T's but interested to read that you find the MT's quiet on the highway, that was my main concern. I've wondered if the noise cancelling gets rid of some of the road noise I've experienced in the past with some A/T tires.

I was looking at new wheels but think I'll end up staying with the stock Night Edition wheels like you did, just not sure I want to pay for new ones right now.

Weldpipe

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I am probably doing the same thing in the next few weeks. I can't stay with the Transforce's for winter use, and when I make the change will go to 285/65-20. I'm leaning toward Falken Wildpeak A/T's but interested to read that you find the MT's quiet on the highway, that was my main concern. I've wondered if the noise cancelling gets rid of some of the road noise I've experienced in the past with some A/T tires.

I was looking at new wheels but think I'll end up staying with the stock Night Edition wheels like you did, just not sure I want to pay for new ones right now.
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the falkens as I’m sure you’ve seen on here. Was always a KO2 guy and had good luck with those but wanted to try something new and liked the look and amount of siping on the mickeys. I was in the same boat with new wheels, 18’s would be nice with a +25 offset to get flush with Laramie fenders. Money money money.

Ctimrun

Reaction score
Thanks for the report, not much info out there on these on the HD trucks. Interested in getting these to replace the crap transforce tires. Pic looks good, do you happen to have any other pics? Maybe a front quartering shot of the truck/wheel/tire?

Weldpipe

Reaction score
Thanks for the report, not much info out there on these on the HD trucks. Interested in getting these to replace the crap transforce tires. Pic looks good, do you happen to have any other pics? Maybe a front quartering shot of the truck/wheel/tire?
If I get home in time with some daylight left tomorrow I’ll try and get one.

Weldpipe

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you’re looking for but it’s what I’ve got

Attachments

• 8F6CD5A0-18B2-4C98-9CBE-C28B542C4D0F.jpeg
    8F6CD5A0-18B2-4C98-9CBE-C28B542C4D0F.jpeg
    664.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 52A7DF67-3620-432B-961F-0D029582CE71.jpeg
    52A7DF67-3620-432B-961F-0D029582CE71.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 172

Ctimrun

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you’re looking for but it’s what I’ve got
Exactly what I was looking for, looks great! I ordered some for mine from my local Discount Tire, should be in tomorrow. Thank You!

Ctimrun

Reaction score
Went to get my tires installed today and two of the tires wouldn’t balance and we’re out of round. Stock is low and didn’t want to wait so went with the Falkens instead. I don’t like the look as much but oh well, maybe next time. Thanks again for the pictures!

Last edited:

franko

Reaction score
I have had the MT Baja Boss 295/70/18 on my 2500 with the stock Laramie 18" wheels since June and love them. No experience with snow yet, but wet and dry traction has been great on pavement. Unpaved roads and fields havent posed any problems.
Night and day difference from the transforce at.

Weldpipe

Reaction score
Update on snow traction… excellent. Went to a friends cabin and had to pull a 4Runner in 4x4 with Toyo at3 up the driveway and also an f250 in 4x4 with cooper at3 xlt or whatever those tires are lol. I went out first and waited, both of those vehicles slid back down driveway. I backed halfway down and pulled both up the hill with zero slipping. Im sure the downward force on strap to hitch helped but still, I couldn’t have been happier with the Baja boss. No slipping or sliding on normal road driving or stopping. Tested a few times to see how icy the roads were and the tires did great. Will see how they wear over the next few years but so far, im very pleased with everything I have used them for. Towed a 15k trailer a few weeks ago too with no wandering or squishy-ness. Handled great

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got back from hunting in Colorado with these Baja Boss ATs on my Jeep. I wanted a "Pizza Cutter" tall skinny on it and when the 255/85R17 came out, it was perfect . I was in snow, mud and ice pulling a utility trailer with my JKU. The tires performed great. We were in pretty rough stuff every day and used 4Lo and lockers in steep and slick conditions pretty often. Never a question on traction. Smooth running and quiet tire on the highway, mountain peak/snow rated, and I'd put them on my 3500 SRW as the next set.

What GMU you hunt?

RTillery

Reaction score
We did 66 the second season this year. Our group had a couple of buck tags and 4 cow elk tags. We usually hunt the 4th season but getting late season draw tags around Gunnison seems to be getting tougher and tougher. We're 4 old fat gimped up guys, (youngest is me at 70) so chasing them miles out into the dark timber is a thing of the past. We tend to cover as much two track ground as possible, locate the critters and then come up with a plan of attack. This year the only elk we saw were a group of 4 cows about 1400 yards across some inaccessible ground. We did take a couple of decent bucks and I had deer sausage biscuits and gravy this morning.

I'm close to you here in Parker. Maybe I could buy you a cup of coffee some morning?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Morning? What's that? LOL I'm an IT guy so mornings are few and far between (unless hunting). But yea, maybe we can GTG.

You probably saw my harvest pic, got a Bull Elk on private land in GMU 18 just west of Grand lake.

4-8 guys in the crew depending on which days, most all have cow draw, buck tag, and OTC bull tags.

Anyway, back on topic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread