Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$27K turned to $34K! Screwed Over!! Need Rear Differential.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
. Just out where I live everything is stupid costs including labor. Cost of living out here is insane!!! Hell gas is $4.69 to $4.99 a gallon and dont get me started on groceries and everything else out here. So being as how I do not have a shop space or the knowledge of fixing axles I'm SOL.
Sounds like you are either out in the woods, or in some high priced place like Kali or New York. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Why not?
They work better than the OEM on my F250.

Cracks.. ive had 2 sets fail on much smaller vehicles once hot and worked hard-- 2014 Mustang and an old turbo Mitsubishi.

Last thing I need is for my brake rotors to fail on a 9000 lb truck. Hard pass for me.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope im in WA state with highest gas tax and bunch of radicals.

I don’t know who is working on it, but go get it and take it to Randy’s Ring and Pinion to get an honest answer on what’s going on.

Stop throwing money at this mechanic.

WA does have the 3rd highest gas tax, but it’s still a bit lower than PA and CA.

Also, check your part number for the rear diff. The only 2 places that number exists are in your threads.

You may have better luck trying to find the AAM part # 40047275.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Nope im in WA state with highest gas tax and bunch of radicals.
Im in Canada with 6.15$/gal diesel and gas and crazy high taxes and the CAD dollar is very low and those prices are still way higher than they would be here…

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Im in Canada with 6.15$/gal diesel and gas and crazy high taxes and the CAD dollar is very low and those prices are still way higher than they would be here…
You're in a wrong place. It's 4.92 CAD per gallon and we only have 5% tax in Alberta

Users who are viewing this thread