Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 mile check in

PowerWagon

Reaction score
So I recently hit 2500 miles on my 2022 Power Wagon. I really like the truck, then drive train is awesome, powerful engine, smooth as butter transmission interior appointments have a high end feel not to mention the really cool gauge cluster. But there have been issues that Chrysler has had more than enough time to work out and they haven’t. Here’s the run down. Cab lights leaked, sun roof leaked, steering column developed the creaking noise and now my preset radio channels disappeared. On a personal note the dash mounted gear selector is ridiculous, good god what were they thinking, put it on the column or better yet on the console like the TRX, paddles would be a great idea the buttons on the steering wheel are awkward to use to manually shift and an option to see what gear your in always would be nice.

flan

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck? Lol that’s some bad luck.

sanda

Reaction score
So I recently hit 2500 miles on my 2022 Power Wagon. I really like the truck, then drive train is awesome, powerful engine, smooth as butter transmission interior appointments have a high end feel not to mention the really cool gauge cluster. But there have been issues that Chrysler has had more than enough time to work out and they haven’t. Here’s the run down. Cab lights leaked, sun roof leaked, steering column developed the creaking noise and now my preset radio channels disappeared. On a personal note the dash mounted gear selector is ridiculous, good god what were they thinking, put it on the column or better yet on the console like the TRX, paddles would be a great idea the buttons on the steering wheel are awkward to use to manually shift and an option to see what gear your in always would be nice.
I agree on the POS shifter. And the gear selector sucks big time. I tow a lot and you really notice it when pulling a high mountain pass and come to a corner and can't find the damn shifter to downshift because the steering wheel is turned.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The shifter makes tons more sense than a column or center console shifter. A column shifter on an electronically controlled transmission makes about as much sense as having a fake crank on the front of the truck to start it. Putting a center console shifter in is much the same, but also takes up a ton of useful space.

I am a fan of paddle shifters, so I won’t argue that, except to say that the buttons on the HD Ram steering wheels aren’t gear selectors, they’re a top gear limit setting. You can’t actually select a gear, you can just prevent the transmission from shifting to a higher gear than you want.

PowerWagon

Reaction score
The shifter makes tons more sense than a column or center console shifter. A column shifter on an electronically controlled transmission makes about as much sense as having a fake crank on the front of the truck to start it. Putting a center console shifter in is much the same, but also takes up a ton of useful space.

I am a fan of paddle shifters, so I won’t argue that, except to say that the buttons on the HD Ram steering wheels aren’t gear selectors, they’re a top gear limit setting. You can’t actually select a gear, you can just prevent the transmission from shifting to a higher gear than you want.

PowerWagon

Reaction score
I know it’s electronic, I just don’t like it and would really prefer one on the console. Don’t need the space.

DrTron

Reaction score
I do like to use the space and totally like the rotary shifter.
As for towing, others have already mentioned that it's not a gear selector but a gear limiter. If you need the truck to downshift, just step on the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread