Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'22 UConnect 5 & HK system augmentation

ClawSS

Reaction score
Let's talk about the 2022 2500 Uconnect 5 version of this truck's entertainment system and how it differs from the previous 2021 and earlier HK based systems.

Goal: Add a Subthump box to the Megacab section with a couple of subwoofers along with an amplifier.
Headwinds: Wiring a clean flat signal to the amplifier without ANC (Active Noise Cancelling); Side stepping the "bass rolloff" that occurs at higher volume levels
Concerns: Dismantling the dash/12" screen area to get to the harness behind the unit.

Crutchfield has not really steered me wrong, but I want more hands-on information before I jump neck deep.

Who has already taken the leap themselves or had a shop hook up their $hit?
I am not certain I can use the many 1500 (1/2 ton) write ups just because I want to be different with the 2500, but I would like to believe that the UConnect 5 is the same biatch on that truck as mine.

What say you? Point me to other threads too if you have started your build on a '22.

1670248047225.png1670248593344.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread