Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Power Wagon daytime running lights

meyerdm2003

Reaction score
Love my 22 PW except for the daytime running lights...looked all thru the settings and cannot figure out how to shut them down. Any suggestions for how to kill them?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
You can enable/diable the DRL's (low beams) at Settings: Lights: Daytime Running Lights

Unless you're talking about the Signature lights around the lens, those can only be disabled with AlfaOBD.

meyerdm2003

Reaction score
You can enable/diable the DRL's (low beams) at Settings: Lights: Daytime Running Lights

Unless you're talking about the Signature lights around the lens, those can only be disabled with AlfaOBD.
The lights on the top of the cab and the lights around the lens. I looked at the AlfaOBD and it looked like it was only good thru 2021 RAM Trucks.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The lights on the top of the cab and the lights around the lens. I looked at the AlfaOBD and it looked like it was only good thru 2021 RAM Trucks.

The lights on top of the cab should only come on with your parking lights.

AlfaOBD works just fine on 22's.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
There is a DRL option on the radio settings but it wont turn the signature lights off

DrTron

Reaction score
Excellent, thank you!
TBH, I wish you wouldn't. In my neck of the woods there are so many people running completely dark, even near dusk or when it's raining, that I feel the roads would be safer if everyone ran at least some kind of (signature) light all the time.
Plus, even in daylight, when you're driving down a 2-lane highway with trees overshading it, a car/truck with DRL's can be seen a lot better than one without.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
You can turn off daytime running on the light knob on the dash. Set it to off and not Auto.

akguy09

Reaction score
I think DRL's actually cause more people to NOT turn lights on when it gets dark out...then they have no tailights because the DRL's are illuminating the road they can see

DrTron

Reaction score
Probably one reason. Another being digital dashboards being bright when the lights are off, so people don't even realize they're running dark on the tail end.

el_barto

Reaction score
Updoots for driving with headlights when the suns up for safety (especially with strong sun low on horizon). Only time I don’t mind driving with the headlights actually off is midday/high sun

DrTron

Reaction score
Not on my truck (22 Power Wagon) , the running lights stay on regardless what position the light knob is in.
With the knob in "off" position (or auto during the day):
If you have the option "DRL" set in Uconnect , then both the signature LED lights plus the low-beam headlights are on
If you have the option "DRL" not set in Uconnect, then only the signature LED lights are on

So yes, with the option set, there's really no difference between "lights on" and "lights off" regarding the front.
However, it does affect the marker and taillights.

At least as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Not on my truck (22 Power Wagon) , the running lights stay on regardless what position the light knob is in.
My comment was about DRL’s, not running lights.

DRL’s don’t care what position the switch is in, they stay on.

Running lights can be controlled by the switch. Are you talking running lights, or signature lights?

DrTron

Reaction score
My comment was about DRL’s, not running lights.
To my knowledge, DRL stands for daytime running lights. That's the headlights. At least, that's what the Uconnect option toggles.
Not to be confused with the signature LED's, which are those lights around the headlights.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, DRL stands for daytime running lights. That's the headlights. At least, that's what the Uconnect option toggles.
Not to be confused with the signature LED's, which are those lights around the headlights.

DRL is daytime running lights.

I’ve always heard running lights and parking lights being the same thing, not running lights and DRL’s being the same.

Yes, people commonly confuse DRL’s and signature lights.

meyerdm2003

Reaction score
With the knob in "off" position (or auto during the day):
If you have the option "DRL" set in Uconnect , then both the signature LED lights plus the low-beam headlights are on
If you have the option "DRL" not set in Uconnect, then only the signature LED lights are on

So yes, with the option set, there's really no difference between "lights on" and "lights off" regarding the front.
However, it does affect the marker and taillights.

At least as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct, my mistake typing running lights. My signature lights always stay on no matter what position the knob is in. These are the lights I cannot stand being on all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread