Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Bcrouse

Reaction score
I got a call from MD’s Sales Manager today. He said Ram had informed them that they were back onto a chip shortage and my truck (which was already ordered AND accepted) was now being told there was a problem.

“Laramie Level 2” package would be replaced by “Laramie Level F” package. The only difference between 2 and F is, F does not have the full 12” digital dash screen.

I asked him to push back and see if there was a timeline that more would be available since my order was already accepted. He sent the email on to regional rep. Expect an answer sometime this week.

So, for anyone with a Laramie with Lvl2 package, that might make sense why our trucks havent started production yet. “Chip shortage”

I have not accepted the change at this point.

Drew M

Reaction score
I got a call from MD’s Sales Manager today. He said Ram had informed them that they were back onto a chip shortage and my truck (which was already ordered AND accepted) was now being told there was a problem.

“Laramie Level 2” package would be replaced by “Laramie Level F” package. The only difference between 2 and F is, F does not have the full 12” digital dash screen.

I asked him to push back and see if there was a timeline that more would be available since my order was already accepted. He sent the email on to regional rep. Expect an answer sometime this week.

So, for anyone with a Laramie with Lvl2 package, that might make sense why our trucks havent started production yet. “Chip shortage”

So do you know if this is limited only to 3500 Laramie's, or all trucks with the full 12" display?

BSN81

Reaction score

Well this isn't great news. I would essentially be in the same boat as you. I ordered on 9/26 and picked the same package. But I have yet to hear anything from my dealer.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

There’s definitely something going on with the 12” digital clusters for the 1500’s. It is standard on all 1500’s except for tradesmans and big horns. Of all the 1500’s built so far, only tradesmans and big horns have shipped.

Tater86

Reaction score
Well this isn't great news. I would essentially be in the same boat as you. I ordered on 9/26 and picked the same package. But I have yet to hear anything from my dealer.
All there was a post about this back in October. They changed level 2 to level F due to availability of the cluster, but that's about where that post ended. If your order isn't in D or D1 yet, I'd probably check on it.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
So do you know if this is limited only to 3500 Laramie's, or all trucks with the full 12" display?
No idea…..

Expect that you probably will at some point.

There’s definitely something going on with the 12” digital clusters for the 1500’s. It is standard on all 1500’s except for tradesmans and big horns. Of all the 1500’s built so far, only tradesmans and big horns have shipped.
The plot thickens….

All there was a post about this back in October. They changed level 2 to level F due to availability of the cluster, but that's about where that post ended. If your order isn't in D or D1 yet, I'd probably check on it.
Well yeah, but my truck was already ordered and accepted by the time that came out. Its been in “D” status for 2 months+ now?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well that's frustrating. I'll cross my fingers that since my truck is in D1 that they won't pull any features from it, but I'm not holding my breath. If it does show up missing anything I'm certainly not accepting it. If that happens I guess I'll just be keeping the Gladiator for longer.

BSN81

Reaction score
Yeah I just reached out to the dealer and they said the order is just pending an assigned actual build date, but he is anticipating that to be soon. Besides that all seemed good. So no idea.

jsalbre

Reaction score
What is the D1 many reference?
It's an order status that means that the factory has everything they need to build your truck (or will by the time the build actually starts), and it's scheduled for production.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Since the builds only started last Saturday and they are ramping up the 23 trucks it will take a few weeks and the code changes will start happening faster. Before production D1 would have been awesome, as for shortages, the world hasn't changed much since 22, I just hope the shipping gets better.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Since the builds only started last Saturday and they are ramping up the 23 trucks it will take a few weeks and the code changes will start happening faster. Before production D1 would have been awesome, as for shortages, the world hasn't changed much since 22, I just hope the shipping gets better.
Have any 2023’s even gone down the line yet? There’s no build sheets at all, except for the pilot vehicles from months ago. Looks like 2022 build sheets are still popping up.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Have any 2023’s even gone down the line yet? There’s no build sheets at all, except for the pilot vehicles from months ago. Looks like 2022 build sheets are still popping up.
There are a few in E status, there are still some 22 build outs also. I would have to check the schedule to see when it's just 23 models but I believe it's a couple weeks away.

mike186

Reaction score
Does this status "E" mean it is in production or is it still D1?
Thanks!
1670368391505.png

Users who are viewing this thread