Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Greg10yes

Reaction score
The 2023’s finally show up on the Ramtrucks.com website!! Now I can see what I ordered. Still can’t build one though but getting closer.

Tater86

Reaction score
The 2023’s finally show up on the Ramtrucks.com website!! Now I can see what I ordered. Still can’t build one though but getting closer.
Yeah, that update made me grumpy now. I really wanted the 50 gallon tank on my 2500 CCLB and I was told my multiple sources at RAM it wouldn't be available on the 2500's but now the website says it is, WTH. I might try to call the dealer today to see if a change can be submitted.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I just got all excited when I went in about mine and saw some of the options and pricing vs. the 2023 build sheet I found on there.. then saw I had configured a 22, apparently you can't build and price a 23 on the website yet :)

Tater86

Reaction score
Well no go on the 50 gallon tank, the system still won't even let you order them. Phooey!

extremehabit

Reaction score
Build pages still not updated, but can see some more photos here. Just looks like they edited the 2022 photos to reflect changes (mirrors, dash cluster, removed fender flairs on Laramie).

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Really not digging that new sport hood. It looks a little better with the mustache grill on the PW and Rebel but not on the standard. Screams Chevy..

pr3dict

Reaction score
I definitely like it, adds character to the truck. Both Chevy and GMC trucks are good looking trucks

I dont like the description of it:

Let the world know you mean business with the available Mopar® Sport Performance Hood. It gives Laramie® Night, Laramie Sport and Limited Night models a menacing look.

Reminds me of the aftermarket window louvers on the mustangs lol.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I definitely like it, adds character to the truck. Both Chevy and GMC trucks are good looking trucks

I dont like the description of it:

Reminds me of the aftermarket window louvers on the mustangs lol.

Just seems unnecessary and overkill unless its function. However, it's only a picture so it may win me over in person but for now the cowl seems too high.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/content/d...ry/my23-3500-02-gallery-05.jpg.image.1440.jpg

jsalbre

Reaction score
The vents at the back appear to be functional, or at least as functional as the similar vents on Jeep Rubicon models, which are partially open.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
The vents at the back appear to be functional, or at least as functional as the similar vents on Jeep Rubicon models, which are partially open.

Huh, I'll have to look again but the Jeep Rubicon models are a louvered pan with only a small drain hole for water which will drain out bottom of the hood. I do know that people have cut them out to make them more functional but as my 22' Rubicon sits, when you open the hood its all carpeted underneath and sticking anything through the vents from up top will not make its way out the bottom.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Here is a couple pictures of the new Rebels @ the NFR in Las Vegas this week. Speaking of the new hood....

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Looks at home with that grill as it gives that sporty appearance. I just hope that that plastic doesn't have issues with oxidization after time.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Huh, I'll have to look again but the Jeep Rubicon models are a louvered pan with only a small drain hole for water which will drain out bottom of the hood. I do know that people have cut them out to make them more functional but as my 22' Rubicon sits, when you open the hood its all carpeted underneath and sticking anything through the vents from up top will not make its way out the bottom.
I was under the impression that the JL vents were like the JK vents, not entirely open, but a large "drain hole" on the inside, and obviously designed to be easy to cut the rest of the way open

cjh1669

Reaction score

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the JL vents were like the JK vents, not entirely open, but a large "drain hole" on the inside, and obviously designed to be easy to cut the rest of the way open

I think its still the same... you would have to modify in order to make them working vents.

Users who are viewing this thread