Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 RAM 2500 HD

raven_dt

Reaction score
While you are working on that next prototype.....here are my top 10 redesign requests in random order.

1. Ford tow mirrors
2. Redesign the rear view mirror/safety crap that blocks the view for anyone 6'2". I'm tired of doing the limbo to see across the windshield. Couldn't see a full size truck at an intersection bc the monstrosity in the middle blocked the whole thing.
3. Telescoping steering wheel.
4. More quick buttons for seat heaters/coolers without having to use screen.
5. Better factory alignment. 3000 miles and front tires seem to be eating the outsides. And no recalls before my first payment is due on the new one.
6. Fifth wheel prep group that doesn't take up so much bedspace. Ford's is much better so a toolbox and fuel tank don't cover bed anchors.
7. Long bed with Megacab, or better back seat in crew cab.
8. Less wind noise thru back sliding glass.
9. Factory Bedstep2, but mounted slightly further back for toolbox access .
10. Less dead pedal on HO.
11. Flat rear floor

longhaul

Reaction score
Some of these items in the last few posts are already in the 5th gen cab.

Sent from my work avoidance device
Yeah, and if they actually put it in the HD trucks on the telescopic steering and rear cab size it would be nice.

Number 8 can be removed from the list, as it just took a new rear window to make it go away.

It would also be nice if the powdercoating folks would make a color to perfectly match the RV Walnut Brown lower paint on the Longhorn. They say it is hard to match, but Ram doesn't even put the two tone paint code on the door. Prismatic Powders is the brand a shop near me uses. If anyone knows how to get it to match, let me know. Beaver Bronze is close, but not that great of match.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yeah, and if they actually put it in the HD trucks on the telescopic steering and rear cab size it would be nice.

Number 8 can be removed from the list, as it just took a new rear window to make it go away.

It would also be nice if the powdercoating folks would make a color to perfectly match the RV Walnut Brown lower paint on the Longhorn. They say it is hard to match, but Ram doesn't even put the two tone paint code on the door. Prismatic Powders is the brand a shop near me uses. If anyone knows how to get it to match, let me know. Beaver Bronze is close, but not that great of match.
Any 1/2 decent auto paint supplier will have a scanner that should match and give you the paint code so you can order it in powder

DougB

Reaction score
Nothing like spending $60-$100k only to have to cutout an option you didn’t want and didn’t have the ability to change if you ordered and spend an additional $400-$500 getting new glass installed.

Single pane rear window w/o slide or defrost (68503489AA) is on my list and already talked with my body shop about swapping. I’m not a fan of the defroster line or the sliding window’s bars blocking the view. Not to mention the reduced security of a slider. Single pane is what I have in my 06 and want in my 22.

longhaul

Reaction score
Any 1/2 decent auto paint supplier will have a scanner that should match and give you the paint code so you can order it in powder
Well, the powder coat shop came up with Beaver Bronze, but said that it isn't a perfect match. Holding a sample up to the truck you could see the issue. A different truck outfitter sent me to this place for powdercoat, so I assume they have pretty good knowledge.

A different outfitter said they just send stuff to a paint shop and only paint instead of powdercoat because of issues matching powdercoat color.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Too many people live in “Ike Gauntlet” land. Day to day, the current Hemi and 8sp is a hell of a powertrain.
Id like to think the guys watching the test videos and such are the guys like me that don't daily drive their "tow" vehicle....I don't know how many of you are towing over 20k but I'd guess not many....I don't want to assume anything but Id guess that the guys that are over that mark are more of the "Ike gauntlet" comparers...hell I was a Ford guy and just brought home my first Ram...mpg's don't concern me since I really only tow with it...that video did make me feel like I wasn't picking the crappiest of the 3 tho...jmo...

WXman

Reaction score
Some of these items in the last few posts are already in the 5th gen cab.

Sent from my work avoidance device

Yep and unfortunately it sounds like the HD trucks are not getting the 5th Gen body, not even for 2023.

So the flat load floor, full size rear seats with no curvature, and higher quality doors, handles, and appointments will be reserved for the 1500 only. Very sad.

Users who are viewing this thread