Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 limited, rambox W/ 5th wheel prep

pr3dict

Reaction score
I have 5th wheel prep w/ no rambox delete line item on my build that is now schedule D but I'm afraid it's not going to actually be built.

Can someone please ask their dealer to find out from corporate if this is possible and will be built? My dealer has reached out to their RAM rep a week ago and still has not received an answer back...

They dont want to cancel the order because they think it will be built and I dont want to press the issue because I am fine with having both if they've figured out a new way to do that on the 2023's. But if they cant then I will press the issue.

Thanks anyone that can help.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have 5th wheel prep w/ no rambox delete line item on my build that is now schedule D but I'm afraid it's not going to actually be built.

Can someone please ask their dealer to find out from corporate if this is possible and will be built? My dealer has reached out to their RAM rep a week ago and still has not received an answer back...

They dont want to cancel the order because they think it will be built and I dont want to press the issue because I am fine with having both if they've figured out a new way to do that on the 2023's. But if they cant then I will press the issue.

Thanks anyone that can help.
Why does your dealer not call the rep again if anyone else calls they wont get any info without an order number for them to look up…

darrellr

Reaction score
I don't believe a Rambox bed would allow enough room for a fifth wheel pin box to rotate around without hitting the sides of the box. I would think a gooseneck is probably ok, but not a fifth wheel.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I don't believe a Rambox bed would allow enough room for a fifth wheel pin box to rotate around without hitting the sides of the box. I would think a gooseneck is probably ok, but not a fifth wheel.
This was an initial concern of mine but I found that if I light enough money on fire I can acquire a sidewinder pinbox that pivots higher up and clears the bed.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Depends greatly on the pin box but lots should fit or use a turning point hitch

pr3dict

Reaction score
Finally got word from RAM rep.... They said even though the line item for RAMBOX Delete is not there, the truck WILL NOT be built with a rambox.

Case closed!

Users who are viewing this thread