Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

jebruns

Reaction score
Nothing to replace.
Maybe. But as wide and varied as the issues with the uConnect 5 systems seem to be, it would not surprise me if some of it were hardware too. Some owners have only been fixed by the dealer replacing the system, for example.

baker01

Reaction score
Over the last six months I have had to do a soft reboot twice. Both times were after an OTA software update. I recently upgraded my music to Amazon Music Premium (HD content). Since then, I have had two CarPlay crashes over the last two days. Both crashes required a soft reboot to get CarPlay to connect again. I decided to try using CarPlay wired today. I turned off my phones WIFI and Bluetooth and connected via USB. Things worked fine for a half hour or so. At this point a song would start playing then stop after a minute and it3 would say loading on the screen. After 30 seconds or so it would start playing again. This continued with each song that I tried to play for the rest of my drive. I did try the phone disconnected and had no issues (great signal). It is like the system does not have the computing power to do what is advertised. I guess I will have to go back to listening to crappy Sirius/FM standard definition.

Pearce

Reaction score
Never had problems prior to the 25.17 update. For about 2 weeks right after the update the system would randomly reboot after truck start up. Android wouldn't connect from time to time. That seems to have stopped. Now, for the past week randomly 4 times while driving and listening to the radio all the speakers start buzzing and the system reboots. what the heck. can't trust an update to improve things.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I've had 26.17 now for about a month. Not a tone of driving, longest trip being about 45min. But 25.17 for me is so much better. Wireless carplay is so much better. I haven't it full reconnect since the upgrade. And the one spot it always drops, moved to a small delay and htis morning I was on a call for 30 min and drove straight through that area with no issues.

The U5 still has some bugs, not booting up on the same screen. But overall massive improvement from the 24.xx i was on.

EDIT: Typo on version, I meant 26.17

Last edited:

kennelpj

Reaction score
I've had 25.17 now for about a month. Not a tone of driving, longest trip being about 45min. But 25.17 for me is so much better. Wireless carplay is so much better. I haven't it full reconnect since the upgrade. And the one spot it always drops, moved to a small delay and htis morning I was on a call for 30 min and drove straight through that area with no issues.

The U5 still has some bugs, not booting up on the same screen. But overall massive improvement from the 24.xx i was on.
nice to see some people reporting positive feedback. A lot of times people only reply to a thread when they have an issue or complaint.

I'm still on 25.06...can't get the OTA to work even when connected to my home wifi. And according to the UC5 website, my VIN is on the latest version...

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
nice to see some people reporting positive feedback. A lot of times people only reply to a thread when they have an issue or complaint.

I'm still on 25.06...can't get the OTA to work even when connected to my home wifi. And according to the UC5 website, my VIN is on the latest version...
Hello,

25.06 does not seem right, please send us a PM with your VIN, our team would be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I've had 25.17 now for about a month. Not a tone of driving, longest trip being about 45min. But 25.17 for me is so much better. Wireless carplay is so much better. I haven't it full reconnect since the upgrade. And the one spot it always drops, moved to a small delay and htis morning I was on a call for 30 min and drove straight through that area with no issues.

Hello,

The S26.17 is the enhanced version of the S25.17. The S25.17 has been tested to have issues with the battery and was never released nationally. We recommend updating to the latest version.

William
Ram Cares

mountainears

Reaction score

I’m forcing the upgrade today.

Bummed that big of it not starting on the same screen is still there. That’s my biggest complaint right now. I’ve never had issues with wireless CarPlay, guess I’ve been lucky.

[mention]RamCares [/mention] is the startup screen issue on a list somewhere or is there a place where we can submit bugs / vote them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Hello,

The S26.17 is the enhanced version of the S25.17. The S25.17 has been tested to have issues with the battery and was never released nationally. We recommend updating to the latest version.

William
Ram Cares
Apologies, I meant S26.17 (recieved via OTA) - fixing original post to avoid confusion.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
The head unit must of heard me bragging. On my normal morning drive; wireless Carplay disconnected twice in a row - and when it returned wasn't syncing the music details /shrug Still better then before, but still room to improve.

I really wish Ram / Stellantis had some type of Beta / Early Access progrom we could particpate in to help them track down the random bugs. But based on the 25.xx responses I can see why don't as it can load to larger problems operating the vehicle.

I don't know much abou the CAN bus, but the infotainment really needs to be further removed from the other functions. Maybe with the new CarPlay that will become true /shrug. Maybe one day we will return to Manufacteurs only provide bare bones software and let AndriodAuto and CarPlay handle everything else (Nav, Music, etc)

Greedy

Reaction score
My screen kept restarting on its own and reconnecting. it would go black and couldnt do anything. First thing in the morning i start the truck, its stuck on AA and i couldnt get out of it like switching to the radio.
i showed the dealership what was happening and they were puzzled, no clue whats happening.
the technician connected his Iphone and no ploblems every thing worked but once i connected my Andriod it starting having problems. i even have this problem on the highway with nothing around so can some one explain that? ssoft reset only works some times not every time so im stuck with the radio most of time.

DogeTruck

Reaction score
My screen kept restarting on its own and reconnecting. it would go black and couldnt do anything. First thing in the morning i start the truck, its stuck on AA and i couldnt get out of it like switching to the radio.
i showed the dealership what was happening and they were puzzled, no clue whats happening.
the technician connected his Iphone and no ploblems every thing worked but once i connected my Andriod it starting having problems. i even have this problem on the highway with nothing around so can some one explain that? ssoft reset only works some times not every time so im stuck with the radio most of time.
Did this happen with your phone wirelessly connected or USB? I gave up on wireless on my iPhone, and haven't had hardly any issues sense. USB is the way to go.

Greedy

Reaction score
Did this happen with your phone wirelessly connected or USB? I gave up on wireless on my iPhone, and haven't had hardly any issues sense. USB is the way to go.
i use wireless but still happens when i use USB.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
My 22 went through similar issues. You need a new screen. Call ram helpline and start reporting.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Having trouble downloading update fix. says site doesn't exist. please help.

That one is OLD. You either want 26.15 or 26.17 now assuming your truck hasn't already updated OTA or you've swapped in the UC5 8.4/12.0 w/NAV into a truck that didn't have it.

OLDGOAT123

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your USB install! I Now have a bed camera and now I don't have to go to my Thursday appointment. You F'ing Rovk! Thanks Jimmy07!@@@!

Namerifsaxet1

Reaction score
Been through the screen nightmare on this truck for a year. 22 Limited. Weeks at a dealer. Twice witnessed during a visit. They replaced 1 screen. I tried 3 phones, IOS, Android and back to IOS. Same issues wired or BT. Most often right after a quick trip into a store upon restart. Black screen. Might come on after next exit and entry and might be the next day. It's a surprise. Several times it reboots while driving after a loud buzz. Best surprise is being mapped into downtown or another state and the whole thing crashes. Not only is it annoying for paying premium price for a defective product, it's downright unsafe. They put all the inconvenience on the buyer and no loaner and reimbursement for rental later. My 21 did not have this issue. They are impatient with not being able to quit life to provide them with continual access to the truck so I've had to cancel and reopen the cases several times. What's left to replace? The brain? Order one already or take it back.

Users who are viewing this thread