Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

RAM_Dad

Reaction score

dillonybarbo

Reaction score

obhitn3

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Dealer did the update before i picked up the truck and still super glitchy. Screen locks up all the time, goes black, loses the short cut icons at the bottom, and loses the touch capability. All the above happen routinely but you never know which its going to be. Goes off into the weeds and then 10-15 seconds later it snaps back and is ok for a period of time.

dillonybarbo

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Dealer did the update before i picked up the truck and still super glitchy. Screen locks up all the time, goes black, loses the short cut icons at the bottom, and loses the touch capability. All the above happen routinely but you never know which its going to be. Goes off into the weeds and then 10-15 seconds later it snaps back and is ok for a period of time.
Dang man I hope mine gets fixed. What are they going to do now?

dillonybarbo

Reaction score
Not sure, but hope they come out with another fix soon. Short trips seem to be ok, but longer trips are a PIA.
I hope so too man I’ll get to drive mine tomorrow more and see but I’m still missing the shortcuts at the top of the screen that show the time and comfort controls. Steering wheel heater and what I’ve got my ac set on.

obhitn3

Reaction score
I hope so too man I’ll get to drive mine tomorrow more and see but I’m still missing the shortcuts at the top of the screen that show the time and comfort controls. Steering wheel heater and what I’ve got my ac set on.
That would drive me nuts. At least when mine is working, it works. But missed a turn the other day cause carplay was locked up lol. I also get weird chime alerts once and a while out of nowhere. One sounds like the BSM alert when it goes off with the blinker on, and the other one is a higher pitched one that I heard today.

EJP

Reaction score
I have the same problem very glitchy and goes dark whenever it feels like it, the screen is different every time you turn the truck on its like it decides what it wants you to look at that day. The uconnect 4 in my '19 was night and day a better system

shauste

Reaction score
I've had my 2500 for a week and a half and I've noticed the same issue a couple of times. I've gone to settings and hit reset radio. The unit goes off, comes back on with the Ram symbol and seems to work for awhile. I haven't been able to discern a pattern for when it happens. If I do, I will return and share my findings.

EJP

Reaction score
I've had my 2500 for a week and a half and I've noticed the same issue a couple of times. I've gone to settings and hit reset radio. The unit goes off, comes back on with the Ram symbol and seems to work for awhile. I haven't been able to discern a pattern for when it happens. If I do, I will return and share my findings.
Pay attention to short trips, mine seems to freeze up after driving a short distance shutting truck off and restarting after a few minutes. It seems it happens most during those type of trips. I talked to the dealer and they won't do anything unless its malfunctioning in their possession which is ridiculous since I have video of it not working. They claim it's a Chrysler rule not theirs.

shauste

Reaction score
Pay attention to short trips, mine seems to freeze up after driving a short distance shutting truck off and restarting after a few minutes. It seems it happens most during those type of trips. I talked to the dealer and they won't do anything unless its malfunctioning in their possession which is ridiculous since I have video of it not working. They claim it's a Chrysler rule not theirs.
Indeed, I have noticed it on short trips as I haven't been far in the truck yet. It doesn't happen every time, however. I've had the screen go completely black and freeze up on a normal screen. Very odd behavior to say the least.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
I have the same problem very glitchy and goes dark whenever it feels like it, the screen is different every time you turn the truck on its like it decides what it wants you to look at that day. The uconnect 4 in my '19 was night and day a better system
I also have the same issues and I also agree that Uconnect 4 in my 2020 Rebel was a better system. Even the cameras were more crystal clear.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Interesting they say Chryslers rule as Chrysler has been only a model line since 14 and had no authority

EJP

Reaction score
Interesting they say Chryslers rule as Chrysler has been only a model line since 14 and had no authority
For decades Chrysler was the parent company and their upscale brand of vehicle for all Dodge brands and people will still use that terminology, it's no different then people still calling Ram trucks Dodge trucks. Th name Chrysler has been around almost (if not longer) than the Dodge name.

EJP

Reaction score
I also have the same issues and I also agree that Uconnect 4 in my 2020 Rebel was a better system. Even the cameras were more crystal clear.
Agreed the cameras in the '22 are far less quality than the previous gen

Reaction score

Unfortunately I'd be willing to bet thats not a display issue, but a lower resolution camera issue. Probably couldn't source enough of the older cameras and instead of going the Ford/GM route and letting trucks site for months, they got the next best thing, which unfortunately is a poor quality part.

That said, if someone doesnt mind sending their VIN, i'll pull up part numbers and see if there's a difference in the system between my 21 model and the 22s

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Unfortunately I'd be willing to bet thats not a display issue, but a lower resolution camera issue. Probably couldn't source enough of the older cameras and instead of going the Ford/GM route and letting trucks site for months, they got the next best thing, which unfortunately is a poor quality part.

That said, if someone doesnt mind sending their VIN, i'll pull up part numbers and see if there's a difference in the system between my 21 model and the 22s
Cameras on the ‘22s are 68417514AA. Same since 2019. Same display screen, too.

Myfast70

Reaction score
My truck was delivered today and I already had the Uconnect lock up once and had to reset it. The app is completely buggy too and rarely works like it should. Hoping they have some sort of update that actually fixes the bugs soon because it is pretty damn annoying to have issues on day one with an $81k truck...

Users who are viewing this thread