Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 tundra

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
What is everyone thoughts on the new tundra?

164dc2990bc4cff6f6a35e2329a7f3f6.png

I’m really curious to see payload and towing numbers. Hopefully they didn’t go the way of Ford and gm and make a super light truck to get more payload and towing. I’m also curious if it’s over 80” wide or if the market lights are just for looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarge33Army

Reaction score
What is everyone thoughts on the new tundra?

164dc2990bc4cff6f6a35e2329a7f3f6.png

I’m really curious to see payload and towing numbers. Hopefully they didn’t go the way of Ford and gm and make a super light truck to get more payload and towing. I’m also curious if it’s over 80” wide or if the market lights are just for looks.

I owned three Tundras (2001, 2008, 2018) and really appreciated Toyota engineering and reliability. However, this 2022 model is not for me. Looks like GM and has a Fordish twin-turbo v-6. It may end up working like a champ, but IMHO looks like a chump.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
I had a long line of tundras also 01, 11, 16 and a 19. They were all great trucks, the only reason I left is I needed a bigger truck. But I still like tundras and am excited to get the real specs of this truck. And see what the more mature trims (1794, platinum) look like.

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
I’m a Toyota fanboy (previously had a 3rd Gen Tacoma). The other big 3 just can’t compete with Toyota reliability… Not crazy about the looks, but it’s about damn time the Tundra gets a new engine. I’m sure it will be just as reliable as the old power plant (I thought I read it’s already in use in other platforms.)

One big area were Toyota trucks fall behind is interior. Quality is good, but they are plain, boring, minimalist (the exact opposite of high level Rams). I’d love to see Toyota release a sleek, modern interior in this new truck.

The Offroad and Pro models also need rear locking diffs like the Tacomas…

MtnRider

Reaction score
So hard to tell with these rendered pictures vs real world. I thought the Chevy HD was pretty ugly at first then I saw one with a lift and after market wheels/tires and it looked amazing.

garyh

Reaction score
Disappointing. I loved my Tundra Limited, but when it was time for a new truck (2019), I wasn't waiting for the LONG overdue update. Ended up with a 5th gen 1500 and here I am. And when Toyota finally releases their new truck, this is what it is???? WTH!
Maybe the millennials that grew up with transformer truck toys get excited over this.
I am sure they will sell and will be a fine grocery getter, but they are missing on a huge market.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
583lb/ft + 10speed combo that will be dead nuts reliable (that’s why it takes Toyota so long to bring something to market) and the same looks that make the 4Runner and taco sell like hot cakes.

You better believe it will sell.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ugly as a mud fence.

Didn't TFL do a presser with Toyota and the payload and towing turn out to be dismal?

Users who are viewing this thread