Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

fmixman

Reaction score
Hi all, keeping this alive I am curious if anyone. has sorted a question I have. And I did plenty of search foo for weeks, so if it's been answered I apologize.

I understand the difference between the rearview mirror cam and the 12-pin ( right side of the plate) analog Aux 1 and Aux 2 setup. and then a separate option that allowed for a surround trailer view, which we will not confuse with a truck surround view. ;')

So, now that is out of the way. My question revolves around the analog 2-cam 12-pin setup. 1- does anyone else find offense with Mopar wanting $1300.00 for this? and 2- Has anyone found a custom harness that allows for the use of a better-quality cam? Since I also read the Mopar setup looks like poo for $1300.00. My goal is to have a camera on the back of my enclosed trailer that shows up on my 8.4 radio looks decent and doesn't cost 1/3 the price of the trailer.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, keeping this alive I am curious if anyone. has sorted a question I have. And I did plenty of search foo for weeks, so if it's been answered I apologize.

I understand the difference between the rearview mirror cam and the 12-pin ( right side of the plate) analog Aux 1 and Aux 2 setup. and then a separate option that allowed for a surround trailer view, which we will not confuse with a truck surround view. ;')

So, now that is out of the way. My question revolves around the analog 2-cam 12-pin setup. 1- does anyone else find offense with Mopar wanting $1300.00 for this? and 2- Has anyone found a custom harness that allows for the use of a better-quality cam? Since I also read the Mopar setup looks like poo for $1300.00. My goal is to have a camera on the back of my enclosed trailer that shows up on my 8.4 radio looks decent and doesn't cost 1/3 the price of the trailer.

In your research, I would expect you found numerous references to using the FORD 12-pin factory harness to build a custom harness. Readily available. Ford PN: HC3Z-14B242-F

fmixman

Reaction score
I have seen the reference yes, thank you. Have you successfully used this? I don't see anything on - are pins the same and its plug n play? or do we need to repin? Has anyone used a specific cam? do we need to use the Ford camera?

Interestingly enough, your part number led me to this- https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...9f?c=bT0xJmw9MSZuPVJlY29tbWVuZGVkIFByb2R1Y3Rz

That seems like the entire single-cam kit from Ford. essentially the same thing Mopar is asking $1300.00 for.

Texasram1

Reaction score
I just tried to order 68527599AA for my 2022 2500 Limited via store.mopar.com. The order went through, but 15min later I received an email stating that it was not compatible with my VIN. 3C6UR5TL8NG217395

This doesnt seem correct. How can I verify?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I just tried to order 68527599AA for my 2022 2500 Limited via store.mopar.com. The order went through, but 15min later I received an email stating that it was not compatible with my VIN. 3C6UR5TL8NG217395

This doesnt seem correct. How can I verify?
Never use a VIN when you order parts

fmixman

Reaction score
you having a DRVM and having a second cam input for it are 2 different things. if you don't have a plug to the left side of your license plate out back, chances are you will not be able to use that kit.

Texasram1

Reaction score
So plug and play? Local dealer just said i’d likely need the truck reprogrammed for the camera to work?!

Texasram1

Reaction score
Meaning they are trying to charge me for nothing or it really needs to be reprogrammed so they can get their loot?

fmixman

Reaction score
to be clear I DO NOT have the fancy DRVM. was one of the no-no's when I ordered. so I don't know the steps. one of these fine folks needs to chime in.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen the reference yes, thank you. Have you successfully used this? I don't see anything on - are pins the same and its plug n play? or do we need to repin? Has anyone used a specific cam? do we need to use the Ford camera?

Interestingly enough, your part number led me to this- https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...9f?c=bT0xJmw9MSZuPVJlY29tbWVuZGVkIFByb2R1Y3Rz

That seems like the entire single-cam kit from Ford. essentially the same thing Mopar is asking $1300.00 for.

Users who are viewing this thread