Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram power wagon wheels; Forged or Cast?

MACOZ

Reaction score
I have recently ordered a 2022 Ram power wagon. From my research on past power wagons, (Pre 2019?), It appears the standard wheels were Forged Aluminum. The sales code for my truck wheel order option is: WFW, (17X8.0 BLACK PAINTED ALUMINUM WHEELS).
Does anyone know for sure if these wheels both on my truck, and by default; Are ALL 3 factory power wagon wheel options of Forged or Cast Aluminum construction? Thanks for any help with this

MACOZ

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Do you know if the power wagon wheels were ever Forged in previous years? (If so maybe current Cast construction is a cost saving exercise.......)

jadmt

Reaction score
the were forged but it has been a while.

MACOZ

Reaction score
Thanks again. I might also look at the AEV wheels as an option if I go for 35' tires.

Greenhills

Reaction score
I think you will find most wheels these days are cast. It doesn't mean they aren't strong.

Forged rims generally cost a few thousand per rim.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I agree with most being cast due to cost

I have aluminum beadlocks on my Toyota and they’re cast aluminum with forged rings.

Would be $$ to have forged entire wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread