Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a thread to discuss your new 2022 Truck orders.

Please stay on topic. Excessive OT discussions may be moved to an existing, new thread, or deleted.

Political commentary in this thread will not be tolerated. Stick to discussing orders.

Get your build code updates from your selling dealer (best) or RamChat.
  • 2022 Build and Price: Site is now online (October 21)Nobody knows when the web site will be updated
Thanks to member @TXsportDiver for the updated carbook link
(carbook.com is currently unavailable unless someone can offer a working URL) - may or may not be related to Heroku/Github security breach/integration issues...

Due to complaints and until further notice, dealers now need to create a new thread for their dealership if they wish to conduct business in the forums.

Please don't poach in the Sticky Builds and Orders discussion threads. Dealers may create one post here with a link to their thread if desired. Answering member questions on options is OK but don't discuss your private deals here in this thread.

Dealers are required to contact site staff before conducting business ("Advertising") in the forums. TOS and Site Rules have not changed but have been clarified.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Resources: Build Codes, links to build sheet, Monroney (window sticker), etc.

New RAM Order tracking site:

Member @OfficerDirtySanchez has created a Crowd Sourced Order tracking document if you wish to participate. HE maintains the data, not the admin or staff @HDRAMS.COM

Please carry on conversations related to that document in that thread. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-hd-crowdsourced-vin-order-tracking.6189/

Jimmy07 details Camera options here:

Last edited:

BRob

Reaction score
I figured I’ll be the first to post my new order here. Last Friday (05/14) I placed an order for a 2022 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 6’4” bed through Don Franklin CDJR in Somerset, KY. I was quoted invoice + $500 - rebates. My build sheet is attached below.

However, I have not received a confirmation email yet. I assume that is a function of Ram itself and I will get that as soon as the order is actually accepted by them? This is my first custom order so I’m not sure what to expect. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Attachments

• 673CFAC1-813C-49C8-B81C-0186604DF6AE.jpeg
    673CFAC1-813C-49C8-B81C-0186604DF6AE.jpeg
    468.5 KB · Views: 1,075

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured I’ll be the first to post my new order here. Last Friday (05/14) I placed an order for a 2022 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 6’4” bed through Don Franklin CDJR in Somerset, KY. I was quoted invoice + $500 - rebates. My build sheet is attached below.

However, I have not received a confirmation email yet. I assume that is a function of Ram itself and I will get that as soon as the order is actually accepted by them? This is my first custom order so I’m not sure what to expect. Is anyone else in the same situation?

All comms through the dealer or Ramchat.

There's no realtime order tracking available to us plebes.

You can use cryptostickers to get notified of build sheet and window sticker once they hit.

BRob

Reaction score
All comms through the dealer or Ramchat.

There's no realtime order tracking available to us plebes.

You can use cryptostickers to get notified of build sheet and window sticker once they hit.
Roger. I'll hit up my salesman to see if he can figure anything out.

Thanks for the cryptostickers heads up. Seems like a pretty useful site once I get my VIN and understand how to use it! I'll keep the thread updated with my build progress.

Reaction score
Ordered my 2022 last Friday as well

Attachments

• BB726B48-2FEB-447A-BFB0-3BE3CB8070FA.jpeg
    BB726B48-2FEB-447A-BFB0-3BE3CB8070FA.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 887

michiganeli

Reaction score
does anyone know if new orders are being proceed pass the dealer input yet for new 2022 trucks i placed an order last week and was hoping to see it iniated once the plant ended their shutdown my dealer indicates no signs of change on the system at this time

BRob

Reaction score
does anyone know if new orders are being proceed pass the dealer input yet for new 2022 trucks i placed an order last week and was hoping to see it iniated once the plant ended their shutdown my dealer indicates no signs of change on the system at this time
I haven’t heard any movement on my order either. I’ve been wondering what’s going on as well. I hoped someone who had placed an early order on a previous year would chime in on their experience.

BRob

Reaction score
If fleet ordering is a sign, looks like 2022 order acceptance officially opens up on 6/14/21 with production starting on 7/26/21 for HDs. I would guess the associated 2022 option/package data would be available to dealers worst case by that date. Hopefully sooner.

I was under the impression that “sold” orders would be processed before lot orders. I guess 6/14 acceptance and 7/26 production gives us a worst case date to look forward to either way. Thanks for the info! When I had checked that site a week or so ago the 2022 dates were still TBD.

Based on that page, I’m sure glad I’m not ordering a Wrangler...

Finn5033

Reaction score
I checked with my dealer yesterday and he said they don’t show any pricing yet for the 2022 builds. I’m waiting to see what the pricing is cause I’m also looking at Ford and Chevy. If I had my choice I’d just order a Ram but my wife doesn’t like how much smaller the back seat is compared to our 2020 ecodiesel. Also doesn’t like that the rear seat floor is still the old style and not flat.

looking to order
3500 Crew Cab standard bed 4x4 Big Horn with the 6.4
Level 1 Equipment
Heated seats and Wheel
Granite crystal with Night edition

michiganeli

Reaction score
If fleet ordering is a sign, looks like 2022 order acceptance officially opens up on 6/14/21 with production starting on 7/26/21 for HDs. I would guess the associated 2022 option/package data would be available to dealers worst case by that date. Hopefully sooner.

Awesome great news thanks for the info, really just trying to get an order received and into production before they really run out of chips and end up with another hold on shipping like has been seen with some other manufacturers trucks

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
FYI was told by Mark Dodge that on May 7th they were notified final options/pricing would be available in 30-60 days.

DougB

Reaction score
Anyone know if Ram operates similar to Ford from the Job #1 date needing to run for 5 days without a single defect before they launch custom orders? Guessing it’s fleet and dealer stock orders prior to this cut in milestone. Have been reading up on Superduty forums and that’s my understanding of how Ford runs their orders/plants. This could take several weeks to hit the 5 day zero defect rate I’ve read.

BcMac23

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie pearl white night edition 6.4, they told me it will be at least August till I see the truck

Attachments

• Brian's 2500(1).pdf
    3.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_20210507-215012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-215012_Chrome.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 224

beckty85

Reaction score
I emailed my build sheet to Clint at Dave smith and Phillip at Bud Clary. Hoping to hear something this week. Vroom is offering more than I paid for my Chevy and I can do without a truck until ram can build mine.
Just don’t want to pull the trigger with vroom until the rumors I hear on 22’ pricing go away.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I emailed my build sheet to Clint at Dave smith and Phillip at Bud Clary. Hoping to hear something this week. Vroom is offering more than I paid for my Chevy and I can do without a truck until ram can build mine.
Just don’t want to pull the trigger with vroom until the rumors I hear on 22’ pricing go away.
What’s up with 2022 pricing? (Other than everyone is waiting on it still lol)

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Do dealers expect any packages/options to change? Considering UC 5 seems to be the main 2022 improvement, I assume it would just be automatically included as part of the 2022 build and you won't have to make any changes once 2022 final details are released to dealers.

Looking to place an order this week, just want to be sure there aren't any gotchas since final details aren't released yet.

beckty85

Reaction score
What’s up with 2022 pricing? (Other than everyone is waiting on it still lol)
Someone in this forum said they spoke to a Salesman at bud clary and they were no longer going to be doing the pricing they were doing. Which fell somewhere around 10-14 %under msrp

Users who are viewing this thread