Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Trwiii

Reaction score
here is an email I received today from ram. Basically says nothing. Are any other staring to receive any information?
fyi I’m a May order finished and waiting from beginning of August . I hate this but I feel even worse for guys from April or earlier still waiting.
To make matters worse I continue to see deliveries from Sept and forward orders. We should all get together and form a group and at least get something from them for this clusterF. I tired of hearing it’s not there fault. It is, how great to get a leftover 22 in the middle of 23MY. I’ll bet money on it that a 23MY will be delivered before we all receive our orders! (Rant over)

Attachments

• 59DE4DB5-3ED0-4424-8C9A-9100F7C11836.jpeg
    59DE4DB5-3ED0-4424-8C9A-9100F7C11836.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 61

Lst1504

Reaction score
here is an email I received today from ram. Basically says nothing. Are any other staring to receive any information?
fyi I’m a May order finished and waiting from beginning of August . I hate this but I feel even worse for guys from April or earlier still waiting.
To make matters worse I continue to see deliveries from Sept and forward orders. We should all get together and form a group and at least get something from them for this clusterF. I tired of hearing it’s not there fault. It is, how great to get a leftover 22 in the middle of 23MY. I’ll bet money on it that a 23MY will be delivered before we all receive our orders! (Rant over)
That's the same response I have gotten on 2 different requests , only difference is the name that the computer put on it. I don't think that any people actually get our email

Jwojo

Reaction score
I opened a ticket with Ram Cares about a month ago and have gotten two letters from them. One on November 11th that I left a sarcastic reply to and then the second on November 15th. Mine was ordered in April and built in July with no shipment yet. I left a reply to that one too, but no response. Both just say that the truck is built and awaiting shipment. My replies, "Yeah, I know it has been built since July. Why hasn't it shipped when others are being shipped that ordered in August and September?"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.11.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.11.05 AM.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.11.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.11.25 AM.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 24

john59044

Reaction score
I opened a ticket with Ram Cares about a month ago and have gotten two letters from them. One on November 11th that I left a sarcastic reply to and then the second on November 15th. Mine was ordered in April and built in July with no shipment yet. I left a reply to that one too, but no response. Both just say that the truck is built and awaiting shipment. My replies, "Yeah, I know it has been built since July. Why hasn't it shipped when others are being shipped that ordered in August and September?"
I feel your pain. Mine just shipped last week and I ordered at the start of April also. However, it was not built until the middle of August. I do agree that the Last in First out policy literally sucks but it seems that if a unit rolls off the factory floor and a train car is there, it's getting loaded and shipped. Meanwhile the older orders that could have had the ECM recall or other issues are left in the yard, or just waiting for space to come available. Then to top it off the older units are buried in the back lot until they are freed up or have a shot at a rail car. I have brought up the same issues that you have mentioned, and it seems that the LIFO policy seems to be working just to get units to customers and dealers. Or so I am informed.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Mine just shipped last week and I ordered at the start of April also. However, it was not built until the middle of August. I do agree that the Last in First out policy literally sucks but it seems that if a unit rolls off the factory floor and a train car is there, it's getting loaded and shipped. Meanwhile the older orders that could have had the ECM recall or other issues are left in the yard, or just waiting for space to come available. Then to top it off the older units are buried in the back lot until they are freed up or have a shot at a rail car. I have brought up the same issues that you have mentioned, and it seems that the LIFO policy seems to be working just to get units to customers and dealers. Or so I am informed.
Yeah just a shot from satellite shows the problem.
The "parked" vehicle at the mixing yard are packed together like sardines. There is no way out of there but up if you're in the middle. This is probably also where all the bumper dings come from as well.
It's going to take an eternity for April and may orders to ship.my guess is because we are in the center of the catastrophe we call Saltillo mixing yard j

jwh02017

Reaction score
Well I got some bad news yesterday from my dealer. Limited DRW has been on order since April, finally shipped Nov 9th, and arrived in Louisiana Nov 13th with a final delivery location in Arkansas. The bad news is the dealer said they took it "across the street" to a holding pen and they have no idea when it will be released. He said it's already been assigned to a trucking company and there is no way they can go pick it up. Earlier in the month they told me they would be able to send their own driver to pick it up once it got to Louisiana but I guess that plan got tossed out the window. So I'm thinking either 1 of 2 things has happened... 1) the truck was damaged and waiting for repairs or 2) This has the Aisin, but because of the recall, somebody mistakenly thought it had a 68RFE so they parked it until the recall is cleared up.

So I'll give it about another week and then I have to cancel the order and move on to something else. Nearly 8 months is long enough.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well I got some bad news yesterday from my dealer. Limited DRW has been on order since April, finally shipped Nov 9th, and arrived in Louisiana Nov 13th with a final delivery location in Arkansas. The bad news is the dealer said they took it "across the street" to a holding pen and they have no idea when it will be released. He said it's already been assigned to a trucking company and there is no way they can go pick it up. Earlier in the month they told me they would be able to send their own driver to pick it up once it got to Louisiana but I guess that plan got tossed out the window. So I'm thinking either 1 of 2 things has happened... 1) the truck was damaged and waiting for repairs or 2) This has the Aisin, but because of the recall, somebody mistakenly thought it had a 68RFE so they parked it until the recall is cleared up.

So I'll give it about another week and then I have to cancel the order and move on to something else. Nearly 8 months is long enough.
There’s no way they mistook a truck that isn’t subject to a recall for one that is. Even if it were a recalled truck it would sit at the dealership, not in a transport holding lot. This is a normal part of the process, it was waiting on a train, now it’s waiting on a truck.

jwh02017

Reaction score
There’s no way they mistook a truck that isn’t subject to a recall for one that is. Even if it were a recalled truck it would sit at the dealership, not in a transport holding lot. This is a normal part of the process, it was waiting on a train, now it’s waiting on a truck.
Maybe. But at this point I've lost all hope of any reliable information or delivery dates. The endless excuses have really worn me out.... chip shortage, now it's covid, now recalls, now it's a worker shortage, now it's a rail strike, now it's a trucker shortage, now it's the end of the world, etc etc etc. The latest estimated delivery date is this Friday Dec 2nd but I know there isn't a snowball chance in hell it'll make it. Then the estimated delivery date will be changed to TBD, then a new "random date" will be generated and that date will be missed like the several before it. They really and truly should put "Estimated Delivery Date: It gets there when it gets there". At least that would be the truth. The thing that upsets me the most is I'm about to be forced to throw 8 months of waiting out the window because I need this truck for tax purposes and now I have to look for some random truck on a lot somewhere. Not a good first experience with Ram. Wow!!

TRXCNB

Reaction score

Yeah my trx it took 35 days for it to ship sitting a few miles away at the railyard in Pennsylvania to the dealership.

Lettikka

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat tax wise. I ordered a Ram for myself and a Chevy for the fleet. The Chevy order is 8 months old and last check in on it says its in Canada for some reason. The Ram is supposed to be at the dealer on Dec. 28th. I am trying to set up a meeting with the sales manager to make sure we get this done before the end of the year. I have a low confidence that I will get the cooperation that I need to get it done but maybe, just maybe I / We can make it happen.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Maybe. But at this point I've lost all hope of any reliable information or delivery dates. The endless excuses have really worn me out.... chip shortage, now it's covid, now recalls, now it's a worker shortage, now it's a rail strike, now it's a trucker shortage, now it's the end of the world, etc etc etc. The latest estimated delivery date is this Friday Dec 2nd but I know there isn't a snowball chance in hell it'll make it. Then the estimated delivery date will be changed to TBD, then a new "random date" will be generated and that date will be missed like the several before it. They really and truly should put "Estimated Delivery Date: It gets there when it gets there". At least that would be the truth. The thing that upsets me the most is I'm about to be forced to throw 8 months of waiting out the window because I need this truck for tax purposes and now I have to look for some random truck on a lot somewhere. Not a good first experience with Ram. Wow!!
Looks like it's been at the yard since 11/15 waiting for Cooper Transport

Tjm1571

Reaction score
Got a call from the transport company..... being dropped off tonight between 8pm-9pm tonight, 2 days ahead of schedule.... super excited and thankful for this group... been a long painful 6 months.. not as long as some.. but happy it's almost here. Will post a pic once I can...

Thanks @brv10 @OfficerDirtySanchez and everyone else for helping keep each other as calm and as sane as possible.. lol

jwh02017

Reaction score
Yeah my trx it took 35 days for it to ship sitting a few miles away at the railyard in Pennsylvania to the dealership.
I just wish I had another 35 days to wait but the end of the year is fast approaching.

jwh02017

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat tax wise. I ordered a Ram for myself and a Chevy for the fleet. The Chevy order is 8 months old and last check in on it says its in Canada for some reason. The Ram is supposed to be at the dealer on Dec. 28th. I am trying to set up a meeting with the sales manager to make sure we get this done before the end of the year. I have a low confidence that I will get the cooperation that I need to get it done but maybe, just maybe I / We can make it happen.
I truly wish you the best of luck but I wouldn't have the nerve to wait that late in the game to make a move. I would like to have at least a week or two to find a truck somewhere. I know the end of the year will be slim pickings.

jk2119

Reaction score
Alright boys, here we go. Got confirmation that mine has shipped via rail out of MX and will ride the rails all the way to North Carolina. It is a real longshot but it is possible to be in the driveway on Christmas Day. A lot of planets would have to align for that to happen so I am not counting on it but it is possible. Tracker still lists the status as "TBD" for shipping.
Glad to hear that for you. Mine is still stuck in MX. Was supposed to ship on 11-26 (4th shipping date). Now, it is supposed to ship on 12-12..........soooooo........ya

jk2119

Reaction score
Mine has been built since July 19th and KZ since 8/16/22. Last I heard was that it was KZLD a few weeks ago. Dealer has no info and Ram Cares has been useless.
You are not alone brother.....mine was built same day, been in KZLD since July 26th. Several shipping dates have come and gone, with the newest one of 12-12

jebruns

Reaction score
They really and truly should put "Estimated Delivery Date: It gets there when it gets there". At least that would be the truth.
Mentally, that is exactly the status I put my truck in when I placed the order at the end of March. After reading post after post like this, I decided I wasn't going to do much checking on it and just let it be. Bugging folks at the dealership, Ram, Ramcares seemed futile, from what others posted. It never seemed to change the outcome by even one minute. But I didn't have any tax implications like you do. Sounds like it's close, so I hope you get it soon.

Jwojo

Reaction score
You are not alone brother.....mine was built same day, been in KZLD since July 26th. Several shipping dates have come and gone, with the newest one of 12-12
Let’s hope that both our trucks actually do ship 12/12 if they were built the same day. I think my codes have changed back and forth between KZ and KZLD a number of times over the months. Never a ship date or estimated delivery date though yet.

jwh02017

Reaction score
Mentally, that is exactly the status I put my truck in when I placed the order at the end of March. After reading post after post like this, I decided I wasn't going to do much checking on it and just let it be. Bugging folks at the dealership, Ram, Ramcares seemed futile, from what others posted. It never seemed to change the outcome by even one minute. But I didn't have any tax implications like you do. Sounds like it's close, so I hope you get it soon.
Your probably right about changing the outcome of the order. But if all the parties involved know customers are pissed off with given misleading delivery dates then maybe something will change for future customers. I was originally given an estimate of 16 weeks. Covid, chip shortage, blah blah blah I understand has all caused delays but by how much.... a couple months? I would have been happy with a couple months delay but it's been dragging on much longer than that now. I really wish I would have been told a more realistic date. If I would have been told a year at the time of ordering, at least I would be happy if it shows up a couple months early. We ordered a new forklift in March 2022, we were given an estimated delivery of 65 weeks. Compared to this truck order, I feel like 65 weeks is a more realistic date. But who knows, after 65 weeks they may also start with the endless excuses. Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock Ram, the end of the year is fast approaching.

Users who are viewing this thread