Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I’m not sure about the oil, but fuel is definitely 87.
View attachment 30648

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured the fuel would be the same. I think my fault was feeding mine premium all the time from the beginning. I should have stuck to 87, but wanted to baby it. If the oil hasn’t changed, it can be tough to find, but I got used to ordering it online all the time.
No but the truck sits dead level for some reason I’m kind of wondering if the springs are wrong on it.
That’s strange. Seems like there should be a rake on it that raises the rear a bit.
I got the power running boards so they don’t get ripped off as I go off-road a lot.
Same on my pending 2022, but mostly because I can’t tell you how many times I’ve nearly killed it climbing out of my truck in the winter to step on a 4” wide sheet of ice…

dynocompe

Reaction score
12 hours in with the new truck and it’s already more annoying than my 21. Whoever thought of the feature that honks my horn 3 times for leaving the engine on is messed up. Also my 3500 is about 4 inches lower than my 2500 was. Not to mention a ton of bugs with the radio. Not the best new vehicle experience.
if you lock the doors it wont beep, can be annoying forsure

Grayson

Reaction score
My 2022 Big Horn Cummins w/ night edition will be available for sale Monday at my local dealer. Less than 2,000 miles.

Texasram1

Reaction score
I scrutinized 2500 & 3500 ride height trying to confirm what would fit in my garage. Not sure of the why, but 3500s sit about 2” lower.

Texasram1

Reaction score
12 hours in with the new truck and it’s already more annoying than my 21. Whoever thought of the feature that honks my horn 3 times for leaving the engine on is messed up. Also my 3500 is about 4 inches lower than my 2500 was. Not to mention a ton of bugs with the radio. Not the best new vehicle experience.
Whats up w the radio? I test drove a 2500 in early dec and the 12” screen died before we got off the lot. Salesman was pretty embarrassed about it.
Hoping it was a one off

matemike

Reaction score
Truck is HOME! Soooo bitchen! I got to put almost 1100 miles on it. Even took the long scenic route.
Can’t figure what I like most about it. Probably the Torque and HP. I didn’t think 1075lbs of torque is worth it as 800 is more then fine. Well I be wrong! Just passing folks is instantaneous. It’s like driving a car. Smoooooth acceleration. Really have to watch the speed. Adaptive cruise is stellar, that maybe one of my favorite things, probably tied with the 50 gallon tank, that’s pretty awesome. Seats are awsome. Stereo is pretty good. 12” screen is great. Hands free is much better then the old ****e. Lights are very good! Power mirrors and running boards are epic! All in all it’s just a great truck. The tires suck and have different pressures in all four with the LOWEST being 86psi. Yes I said lowest. I think the highest was 89! The check was from the onboard computer and we were rolling along for hour so they were hot. Sure made the ride rougher then it should have been. I did get the 1 ton long box. I wasn’t expecting a Cadillac.
I averaged about 15.2 mpg. My fault as I didn’t do much under 83mph.
That's one awesome rig, in both performance and looks. You have lived up to your user name, haha. It was actually you who pm'd me on another ram forum and told me about MD. Thanks. now enjoy your truck.

zGhillie

Reaction score
Whats up w the radio? I test drove a 2500 in early dec and the 12” screen died before we got off the lot. Salesman was pretty embarrassed about it.
Hoping it was a one off
It freezes quite a bit, CarPlay has jitter or stops playing songs, my phone wouldn’t re connect had to reset radio for it to work again. Have to keep doing hard restarts on it just to keep basic features working.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
That's one awesome rig, in both performance and looks. You have lived up to your user name, haha. It was actually you who pm'd me on another ram forum and told me about MD. Thanks. now enjoy your truck.
Thanks! I’m really liking it. MD is better than I thought any dealer could be. Are you using them?
It gets new shoes on Monday. New wheels too.

killborn

Reaction score
E9244D00-4B2B-4B3A-B671-E3464987435F.jpegHello everyone, another newbie here who recently ordered in Canada (High River, Alberta). Order confirmed to Ram on 01/13/22 as a Sold order. I was given an estimate of 6 months and I’m really hoping that is more like 3-4 months.
Anxiously waiting for a VIN or some news, not sure if I will hear from Ram or the dealer, but I will give it a few weeks before I call to check in.

I will attempt to add my build/order sheet here.

ACEd

Reaction score
Sell those stock tires. #garbage
See other Thread

WI-RAM

Reaction score
Finally a chance to upload a few pics. So far no radio issues but I got the 8” screen instead of the 12 which my salesman said performs better. 17 speaker K/H system rocks. Interior is beautiful and super comfortable. Still playing with the mirrors to get maximum visibility, I did not get the BSM, or any of the additional cameras/safety package. Been a truck driver for a long time so using my mirrors and awareness is engrained in me.
I turned off the auto brights as they seemed to sensitive and we’re on/off nonstop even when no traffic just reflections or building lights. Drove it home in 4 high in some snow last night and felt so safe and in control. Cummins is awesome, been using the exhaust brake on dry roads to assist breaking, which seems a little spongy compared to other vehicles (as many have mentioned)
Ordered 8/8, took delivery 1/19, paid $1000 over invoice at local dealer in Slinger WI (hour NW of Milwaukee). Good buying experience, service team is tenured and highly regarded. Will consider dealer maintenance to maximize resale.
Next step is Ceramic and rust proofing, starting research today.
Great feeling to have such a capable truck.

Attachments

• D85576E2-044F-4F49-A979-7B6AF55DF67E.jpeg
    D85576E2-044F-4F49-A979-7B6AF55DF67E.jpeg
    744.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 3442AF8F-CFE9-47C3-8393-833620B34057.jpeg
    3442AF8F-CFE9-47C3-8393-833620B34057.jpeg
    652.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DEA2ADCB-4008-401E-8A0C-E912EFDD60A8.jpeg
    DEA2ADCB-4008-401E-8A0C-E912EFDD60A8.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 114

dynocompe

Reaction score
It doesn’t let you lock the doors
You have touse the button on the door handle on the outside. Can’t use the button inside the door, dont remmeber about the fob, i used outside door handle. I thought fob worked too

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m really liking it. MD is better than I thought any dealer could be. Are you using them?
It gets new shoes on Monday. New wheels too.
Yes. Using them.
PM me about your plan with the stock wheels.

MrTaz

Reaction score
For those who wonder what connectors come on the bumper of a Limited with the Limited Level 1 Group. I didn't order any of the optional trailer cameras. The 12/7 connector is also in the bed too. The Trailer Surround View was included in the Level 1 package.

IMG_8565.1.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread