Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
By show of LIKES, how many of you find that this custom order process has been absolutely miserable and would not likely custom order a truck like this ever again.

I for one, would rather shop the internet and fly half way across the country before ever ordering another vehicle again. The anxiety and frustration has not been worth it.
Don’t think anyone likes waiting or communication issues that’s for sure but for 7-10K+ (and that’s off of MSRP) you do what you have to. In the current environment I could not find a dealer from the big 3 that would do anything below MSRP and I looked across the country with very limited inventory. Any price lower than MSRP was typically ******** tied to things a normal consumer would not qualify for just to show a lower autotrader or online price. You make a valid point that’s for sure, the other hidden benefit of what we bought into is you get exactly what you want and don’t have to pay for things you don’t ONCE YOU FINALLY RECEIVE IT…

owdiss78

Reaction score
By show of LIKES, how many of you find that this custom order process has been absolutely miserable and would not likely custom order a truck like this ever again.

I for one, would rather shop the internet and fly half way across the country before ever ordering another vehicle again. The anxiety and frustration has not been worth it.

Yeah ordering excitement is beyond gone for me for sure!!!! I really wanted a great experience but now it’s just frustrating. No explanation why order being skipped no answers why dealers around my area all have inventory coming in with vins around mine or way after my order.. and I went 3 hours away got a 2500 that is everything I ordered in a 3500 except the HO Cummins got affiliate pricing great money for trade. maybe someday my order will show up (but idk before 2023) and I will get it if I decide I do need the 3500 but for now I got a truck to do what I need it to. Yes I’m one of the skipped orders stuck in D now 4 months and counting

Last edited:

owdiss78

Reaction score
9d95bb30e772bfaeeddbfb139ba6b3e6.jpg

Yes my mirrors are up just washed it and was about to wipe it all down don’t want spots

WorldYeti

Reaction score
38A87CB9-5E0A-4853-B5D9-D11900A00B64.jpegWell, got some good news. At long last my truck has arrived at the dealership.

Pic the dealer sent isn’t the greatest, but boy I’m sure happy to see it. My dealer is in Oregon and I’ll be picking it up and bringing it back home to Washington in a week or so. I’ll upload some better pics when it’s back home.

Limited Cummins HO, Night Edition, Level 1 package, fifth wheel prep, 20k fifth wheel hitch, tonneau cover, sun roof, bedstep, etc…
Made an embarrassing mistake on my order - accidentally added the rear-backup alarm. I’m going to have to figure out how to disable it or my wife will never let me live this down.

Ordered 6/7
window sticker 11/15
Arrived at dealer 1/3

halgr

Reaction score
View attachment 29476Well, got some good news. At long last my truck has arrived at the dealership.

Pic the dealer sent isn’t the greatest, but boy I’m sure happy to see it. My dealer is in Oregon and I’ll be picking it up and bringing it back home to Washington in a week or so. I’ll upload some better pics when it’s back home.

Limited Cummins HO, Night Edition, Level 1 package, fifth wheel prep, 20k fifth wheel hitch, tonneau cover, sun roof, bedstep, etc…
Made an embarrassing mistake on my order - accidentally added the rear-backup alarm. I’m going to have to figure out how to disable it or my wife will never let me live this down.

Ordered 6/7
window sticker 11/15
Arrived at dealer 1/3

I made same mistake on my 2500, you can disable it from commercial settings in dash settings. There are many online post for it also. Enjoy your new truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc121

Reaction score
I ordered in late Oct. I wanted a Laramie with all the cameras and safety packages (blind spot was another item missing I think). The surround view was a factor missing for the Big Horn & Laramie. I waited a little over a month before I ordered to see if anything would change. Several dealers gave me the same answer until I realized what you said. The Limited was out of the cards for me just not worth it, so I went with a loaded Tradesman more or less. Should be to the dealer by the end of the month or so.
The dealer is telling me if add the Tow Technology Group B package then it includes surround view. It seems to be within $4k of a limited with how I have it configured. I think I’m going to go Laramie to save the little bit of money, but it is close to a limited when you add on the options. A tradesman with a lot of features is significantly cheaper.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
Well well, I just got an email from Ram. I've been told my truck would be delivered in october, then november for sure, then by christmas for sure, then january 4th, then january 10th, and now january 21st. That would be a little over 8 MONTHS. I think I'm done with it. Ram, you just lost a customer.
Sounds like me

MrTaz

Reaction score
That’s not the feature I was referring to. Auto park is when you try to move the vehicle while in gear with the door open, and it automatically puts itself in park. There is no way to turn that off via settings.
Ok, not familiar with that one. Thanks for the heads up.

MrTaz

Reaction score
View attachment 29476Well, got some good news. At long last my truck has arrived at the dealership.

Ordered 6/7
window sticker 11/15
Arrived at dealer 1/3
The back up alarm can be disabled in settings and also the alarm is only activated when the rear sensors detect something behind the truck. I also ordered the alarm on my truck. I figured since I’m getting old I can use all the help I can get especially when dealing with a 8 foot bed crew cab.

MrTaz

Reaction score
The dealer is telling me if add the Tow Technology Group B package then it includes surround view. It seems to be within $4k of a limited with how I have it configured. I think I’m going to go Laramie to save the little bit of money, but it is close to a limited when you add on the options. A tradesman with a lot of features is significantly cheaper.
Hopefully your decked out Laramie decision doesn’t delay the delivery of your truck. The first one that I ordered like the one you’re ordering is still in”D” status and my Limited is half way to the distribution center in Orlando. It seems like the higher trim packages get preference in the order of being built over the heavily optioned lower trim levels.
That’s the reason I canceled my Laramie and ordered the Limited. It was too late to cancel my Laramie with Chrysler and will eventually still be built. Who knows when it will ever be delivered to the dealer.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Also goes away when the truck is good and warmed up, if that helps?

My 1500 did this with the ANC, I called it whale noises, it sounded like a humpback whale, truck off and back on and it stopped.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
You go away from this forum and the unread messages really pile up!

Update: Really love the 3500.

One issue I have I’m hoping you all can help quick without violating forum rules. I recall reading about piped in artificial noise in the cab on Limited somewhere here but can’t find it.

When truck first starts, and is cold (I’m in the North, Ohio) I hear this loud bass/baritone sound. It is weird and annoying. All I have to do to get rid of it is open a window or few. It goes away.

If we all think this is indeed a noise counterbalance/cancellation feature, any advice on how to turn it off?

I wonder if its the Cab heaters? From another thread in the forum....post#4 https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/cab-heaters.1112/

It's pretty quick, especially if the block heater has been plugged in for a couple or three hrs. As regards the supplemental heating, the following details are courtesy troverman over at cumminsforum:

"The heater is located in the heater box downstream of the heater core. It consists of three 400W resistors, which translates to 100 amps at 12 volts.

Operation is automatic, based upon the following conditions being met:
-Engine must be running at 700RPM or greater
-Outside temp is below 68F
-Coolant temp is below 158F
-Battery voltage must not fall below 12.6

This supplemental heater can be had on vehicles with automatic or manual climate controls. However, the workshop manual lists it as an option rather than standard equipment. Check your fuses / relays under the hood. The manual calls it a "Positive Temperature Coefficient" heater, or PTC."

J-J

Reaction score
Guy trust me get the longhorn or limited with all those items.. I have a laramie on order that is a joke it hasn't moved in 4 months. Worst decision ever getting that trim level, the leather in the higher trim levels is well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score

Ordered 6/7
window sticker 11/15
Arrived at dealer 1/3

I almost put that on mine, just find the beeper and stick a switch in line with its power supply

rockman88

Reaction score
My 1500 did this with the ANC, I called it whale noises, it sounded like a humpback whale, truck off and back on and it stopped.

Yes! Low, bass sounding thumping that sounds like a medium-soft thump from a rubber mallet on the floor of the truck that is not consistent with engine RPM or wheel revolutions. After about 5 minutes, that sound turns into long low groans like a whale (but lower tone). I might get several of these groans intermittently lasting 25-45 seconds each that again aren’t tied to other vehicle rhythms. They can be loud, taking over sound in the cabin and causing several passengers to comment “…is that normal?” Then goes away after 10-20 minutes of operation.

I can also only replicate it if the truck has been sitting overnight.

Sound familiar? What do I do?

rockman88

Reaction score
I wonder if its the Cab heaters? From another thread in the forum....post#4 https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/cab-heaters.1112/

It's pretty quick, especially if the block heater has been plugged in for a couple or three hrs. As regards the supplemental heating, the following details are courtesy troverman over at cumminsforum:

"The heater is located in the heater box downstream of the heater core. It consists of three 400W resistors, which translates to 100 amps at 12 volts.

Operation is automatic, based upon the following conditions being met:
-Engine must be running at 700RPM or greater
-Outside temp is below 68F
-Coolant temp is below 158F
-Battery voltage must not fall below 12.6

This supplemental heater can be had on vehicles with automatic or manual climate controls. However, the workshop manual lists it as an option rather than standard equipment. Check your fuses / relays under the hood. The manual calls it a "Positive Temperature Coefficient" heater, or PTC."

Thank you! Does this mean I have to live with the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread