Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Shootist

Reaction score
Oh dang it what kinda restrictions you talking? I’m already 3 months in and no movement since I got a vin I’m scared I’m going to be 6 months plus but hope dealer honers the price even if it shows up in June. Sucks seeing trucks ordered on October November already being built. And be similar to your own order
I ordered Aug 19, been in D1 over a month and still nothing.

Coonhound

Reaction score
I’m not sure but I would bet they build based on zones. There are several states in a zone and it seems somewhat of a centralized destination from Mexico to that zones point of arrival and then they get distributed from there to the various states and dealers. Seems to make sense from an efficiency and money standpoint.
I agree with this statement, as previously mentioned, I've noticed that guys in a particular geographical area get similar build dates and then get close shipping dates. Looks like mine didn't make the train with some of the other guys in Oregon, Washington, Idaho. My shop date is now 1-2-22 after being built on 11/29-21. WTF
Must be waiting on parts from a vendor. JB status.

Dougjmart

Reaction score
So the truck has been sitting at the depot 2.5 hrs away since 11/26, dealer sales manager told me she doesn't know what the hold up is waiting on transport. I offered to go get the truck with a trailer, at first she thought I was kidding, she said if it isn't at the dealer by Wednesday we will work out a deal for transport by me
Let me know how this works out, I tried asking again today, “there’s nothing we can do factory handles it all”

ouchMonkey

Reaction score
Have either of you guys had one of these? I’ve had ‘one’ on my truck for 6 years now. The first one cracked on the top vinyl and was replaced under warranty. I asked the rep about the cracking and if I should have protected it and she told me it shouldn’t need it, but that I could use a vinyl conditioner on it. I used one twice per year on the replacement and it cracked too. Plus the felt that protects your hands from the heat when you roll it up came off too. I won’t buy another, not crazy about the product. I might try a tri-fold model though. The company seems good otherwise.
I went with a Peragon cover. Havent installed it yet 'cause I dont have the truck yet. But its the only cover that you can fully remove quickly to have the full use of the bed. I'd look into them. They run a $200 off special if you sign up for the mailling list.

franko

Reaction score
So, I ordered my truck on Saturday and got my vin and updated POC yesterday. Knowing that I have a nice long wait ahead of me, I figured I'd put some reminders on my calendar to check status. Reading though this thread, I think I'm just going to sit tight through mid Januray before I start checking to see if it made it to D1. Then once I have the estimated build dates, checking in with RamChat every week or so. The dealer did say they would be glad to provide an update at any time, but I dont see the upside of bothering them unless I'm having issues with getting updates from RamChat. What do you all who are way ahead of me think?

For reference:
Ordered 12/4
VIN available and D on 12/6

ouchMonkey

Reaction score
It seems like most of the long train to dealer times are on the east coast and PNW areas.
The dealership my truck is going to is in Gainsville, GA. - 50-60 miles north of Atl. Ordered 5/6. Shipped from Saltillo around 11/2. Arrived in Atl. and offloaded sometime in between 11/28 and 12/6. Waiting on a call from the dealership.... I was told to expect a call between 12/7 and 12/20.....

Lamiglas

Reaction score
Anyone with a white truck get the black and/or grey headliner. Its not a super big deal, but mine came with the light tan headliner? Not a huge fan. At this point I am only asking for reference. Is there something I did, or could have done to make this happen?

jambram

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to this zone map? I'm in TX with a Mark Dodge order. Yet I have no idea what zone I'm in. I've seen Zone 63-Dallas is what Mark Dodge orders are putting..but I live closer to Austin Zone-??, can't find it on the sheet now.
I found this information back in October

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Anyone with a white truck get the black and/or grey headliner. Its not a super big deal, but mine came with the light tan headliner? Not a huge fan. At this point I am only asking for reference. Is there something I did, or could have done to make this happen?
I believe the headliner/pillars are black if you order the sport or night edition packages. At least on the Laramie.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to this zone map? I'm in TX with a Mark Dodge order. Yet I have no idea what zone I'm in. I've seen Zone 63-Dallas is what Mark Dodge orders are putting..but I live closer to Austin Zone-??, can't find it on the sheet now.
I never saw a zone map. I just know we’re in zones and like everyone else here I’m trying to make some rime or reason out of their building order and the zones make sence.

cmh2007

Reaction score

With a screen name like lamiglas you got to either work with fiberglass or fishing rods.... but I'm probably wrong.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Colt1911

Reaction score
Those getting trucks delivered to dealerships, it would be interesting to know where you are, or more specifically city and state where your dealer is. Just from the limited info I can glean from this thread, I'm seeing a wide variation in times, rail delivery to dealer delivery. A month or more on some, and a few days on others.
Mine was built nov 5, was JB for 2 weeks and shipped around the 19th, it took about 13 days to travel by train to salt lake and arrived on Dec 2nd, my dealership is in south Jordan Utah and it arrived at the dealership the next day Dec 3rd.

R.A.F

Reaction score
I agree with this statement, as previously mentioned, I've noticed that guys in a particular geographical area get similar build dates and then get close shipping dates. Looks like mine didn't make the train with some of the other guys in Oregon, Washington, Idaho. My shop date is now 1-2-22 after being built on 11/29-21. WTF
Must be waiting on parts from a vendor. JB status.
Yes, I concur, probably build a train or boat load at a time.

dperry149

Reaction score
Ok slightly off topic question: The trailer that I pull my tractor on is a dual axle landscape trailer. it rides pretty level. I was pulling it with a 1/2 ton Ram. Will a 6 inch drop hitch work for on the 3/4 ton truck? Or should I go with the 8 inch drop hitch? This will be my first 3/4 ton Ram. so not sure about height.

Users who are viewing this thread