Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Nosty10s

Reaction score
Oh dang it what kinda restrictions you talking? I’m already 3 months in and no movement since I got a vin I’m scared I’m going to be 6 months plus but hope dealer honers the price even if it shows up in June. Sucks seeing trucks ordered on October November already being built. And be similar to your own order

Well, it keeps changing daily, Night Edition, sunroof, bucket seats, floor mats, if I don't remove all the options they wont consider it for scheduling even though it was ordered before they restricted them

Nosty10s

Reaction score
Oh dang it what kinda restrictions you talking? I’m already 3 months in and no movement since I got a vin I’m scared I’m going to be 6 months plus but hope dealer honers the price even if it shows up in June. Sucks seeing trucks ordered on October November already being built. And be similar to your own order

Mine was ordered Oct 12, still stuck in BG status, was told I needed to remove night edition, sunroof, buckets, and so on to be considered for scheduling

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
I’m not sure but I would bet they build based on zones. There are several states in a zone and it seems somewhat of a centralized destination from Mexico to that zones point of arrival and then they get distributed from there to the various states and dealers. Seems to make sense from an efficiency and money standpoint.
Does anyone have a link to this zone map? I'm in TX with a Mark Dodge order. Yet I have no idea what zone I'm in. I've seen Zone 63-Dallas is what Mark Dodge orders are putting..but I live closer to Austin Zone-??, can't find it on the sheet now.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Insentives question

Being told i cant use penfed bonus cash coupon and affiliate discount together? How are you guys doing it? My truck should be in any day, i talked to my dealer and fca insentives Department and im being told that i cant combine the penfed bonus cash and the affiliate discount, ive seen countless people on here saying they got both, anything i can try?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Mine was ordered Oct 12, still stuck in BG status, was told I needed to remove night edition, sunroof, buckets, and soon on to be considered for scheduling
That's BS, you ordered a truck for you, the way you want it, not the way they want to build it, I understand supply issues and shipping but still!

Rampingup

Reaction score
I'm reviewing my order against a screen shot of my build, and there is 1 code missing from my build (SJE - adaptive steering), but I have 6 codes listed that I don't know what they are. Anyone have any idea or is there a list posted that I missed? I searched but did not find anything. I have these options that I don't know what there are. NAS, 4AK, 4H4, 4NS, 4XV, 573. Any input appreciated!
NAS = 50 STATE EMISSION, 573 = NON EQUIPMENT. can't help with the rest. sorry

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to this zone map? I'm in TX with a Mark Dodge order. Yet I have no idea what zone I'm in. I've seen Zone 63-Dallas is what Mark Dodge orders are putting..but I live closer to Austin Zone-??, can't find it on the sheet now.
They changed the zones a while back, made them much larger, you could very well be in Zone 63.

DougB

Reaction score
Dallas is correct zone for a Mark Dodge order and would be also for a local Austin dealer order, if you found anyone willing to match or come anywhere close. I went with Mark Dodge and could not be happier. The 12 hour round trip wasn’t a deterrent to me. Traded in my 06 to them, too.

kennelpj

Reaction score
Did you have one from BAK? Any other issues with it? I don’t travel with mine up all the time, just open and close it a lot for access. The 2022 with have the digital mirror, so blocking the window won’t be an issue for me. Plus I tow a lot so I don’t see much out my rear view anyway.
Mine was from Line-X, but i'm fairly certain they are the same manufacturer, just sold under a different label. Don't quote me on that though. I had it on for 5-6 years, kept most water out during big rainstorms and automatic car washes. After about 3 years, the cover had to be slammed down into the closed/flat position to get the latches to engage. Probably just needed to clean the mechanism and lubricate, but that was minor. Had one of the support rod storage brackets break, but was able to flip it 180 degrees and use it still. Lastly, I didnt like the way it was bolted down (see picture and red circle). Basically its this disk on top for a flush surface and a bolt that runs through the cover secured with a wing nut from the inside. Well after leaving it on for a few years I tried to take it off and the disk shown below would just spin freely so I couldnt get the wing nut off. Its supposed to be held with an adhesive to the cover. That adhesive failed. Those are minor things, but overall I really liked it. Just wished I could see out the back if I had it all the way up so I knew if my load in the bed was getting wonky. The folds did stay below the 3rd brake light so id imagine anyone with the cargo view camera would be able to see over the cover and into the bed, even with the back window covered up.
1638882640969.png

kennelpj

Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you live. The truck is being delivered to MD, not your house. They are 63-Dallas.

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Kinda, a seller told me they have sold plenty to 2022 owners now and no complaints. I think you will see that in writing on the sales web site frequently asked questions. They have notes on my order that when I get my truck and it does not fit I can return it. It will fit.

View attachment 27469
Was just gonna try "contact us" for the third time today.

Users who are viewing this thread