Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Lettikka

Reaction score
So there was an epiphany this weekend. I have been planning to trade my 2019 1500 when I got the new 3500 dually. Both are loaded with all available gizmos except for the surround view system. Both black on black midnight editions. Over the Thanksgiving break I had the opportunity to ride in the back seat of my truck while my wife drove her mother home after turkey dinner. It hit me that this truck is so sweet it is a shame to have to give it up to get the new one. The wheels started turning and I sold an immaculate 1974 VW Thing that I have had in my shop for about 7 years. I had not played with it for around 5 years so it went up for sale and sold very quickly. This combined with selling my current tow vehicle, 2007 GMC 2500HD, is going to generate the same inflow of cash that trading my current Ram would. So under the new plan I no longer have to worry about the value of my trade going down and I will end up with nearly identical (looking) Ram's. One big and one small. One that will pull my house to the other side of my property and one that is as at home mixing it up with the country club crowd as it is running down a dirt road. This is going to be epic. Just need for the big girl to ship now.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Alright boys, here we go. Got confirmation that mine has shipped via rail out of MX and will ride the rails all the way to North Carolina. It is a real longshot but it is possible to be in the driveway on Christmas Day. A lot of planets would have to align for that to happen so I am not counting on it but it is possible. Tracker still lists the status as "TBD" for shipping.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Alright boys, here we go. Got confirmation that mine has shipped via rail out of MX and will ride the rails all the way to North Carolina. It is a real longshot but it is possible to be in the driveway on Christmas Day. A lot of planets would have to align for that to happen so I am not counting on it but it is possible. Tracker still lists the status as "TBD" for shipping.
Good luck to you. I hope mine follows and takes a turn into Louisiana. Good thing you have an HO also.

B1G_SW1G

Reaction score
Hey guys. It's been 88 days since the RAM Vehicle Order Tracking site showed my truck build was complete. Got the call from the dealership just a couple of hours ago that it has finally left Saltillo and is on the way! I'm in NC but will be picking up in Chesapeake, VA. Estimated delivery: 12/26.

Hopefully this helps someone else out there get a ballpark of when they can expect their truck to be shipped.

Jwojo

Reaction score
Similar numbers for me. 86 days to be exact. +/- 80-90 day wait for shipping may be an accurate expectation.
I wish there was some sense to it, but mine is at about 19 weeks/about 130 days since build and still has not shipped. Not trying to be a downer.

bslow

Reaction score
Hey guys. It's been 88 days since the RAM Vehicle Order Tracking site showed my truck build was complete. Got the call from the dealership just a couple of hours ago that it has finally left Saltillo and is on the way! I'm in NC but will be picking up in Chesapeake, VA. Estimated delivery: 12/26.

Hopefully this helps someone else out there get a ballpark of when they can expect their truck to be shipped.
Mine has been over 90 and still sitting in my with no anticipated ship date

Lettikka

Reaction score
I wish there was some sense to it, but mine is at about 19 weeks/about 130 days since build and still has not shipped. Not trying to be a downer.
Dangit man, the only thing that makes any sense to me is that there was some damage or imperfection with yours that had to be worked on before it could get in line. It is probably better to look at the date your truck is designated KZ status which I understand means ready to ship. Until it has this status it is not really right to think about shipping time. I think mine was actually KZ on 10/10 then shipped on 11/27 so that is more like +/-47 days actually ready until it shipped.

Jwojo

Reaction score
Dangit man, the only thing that makes any sense to me is that there was some damage or imperfection with yours that had to be worked on before it could get in line. It is probably better to look at the date your truck is designated KZ status which I understand means ready to ship. Until it has this status it is not really right to think about shipping time. I think mine was actually KZ on 10/10 then shipped on 11/27 so that is more like +/-47 days actually ready until it shipped.
Mine has been built since July 19th and KZ since 8/16/22. Last I heard was that it was KZLD a few weeks ago. Dealer has no info and Ram Cares has been useless.

Jwojo

Reaction score
Mine has been built since July 19th and KZ since 8/16/22. Last I heard was that it was KZLD a few weeks ago. Dealer has no info and Ram Cares has been useless.
There are a number of others on here who have similar dates to mine that have not shipped either.

Orion67

Reaction score
Same here, mine was built July 20, and I'm still waiting for delivery date to MD.. was supposed to be Aug 28...then Sept 28.... and then nothing TBD......still waiting

B1G_SW1G

Reaction score
We can all agree this process is horrendous and frustrating. There still seems to be no rhyme or reason to when and if certain builds get shipped. Just sucks no one knows anything.

Users who are viewing this thread