Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PW L3 Dash material?

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
What is the top tash material on the 2022 PW with L3 package?

It feels kind of like leather, but thinking probably its vinyl?

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
It's very likely a synthetic material, however it feels very nice, and looks very nice.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
On the 75th, which the lvl3 closely mimics, it's leather. Even the grab handle is covered in leather.

RHINO69

Reaction score
On the 75th, which the lvl3 closely mimics, it's leather. Even the grab handle is covered in leather.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the only difference between a 75A and a L3 (interior only) is the brown seats, right? UC5 too, but I am only comparing hardware.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
For the most part yes.
75th comes with the slider/step and bead lock rims. Special jail bar grill. 75th badging. Not sure if the headlights are the same

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Just had my interior guy look at it. He actually pulled up the cover over the instrument area and looked at the backing.
Its shaved down leather.
So dealer is wrong. :rolleyes:
It is true leather.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Imagine that. The dealer is wrong. LOL. If I wanted to sell cars for a living I could make a fortune. Very few of the salesman actually knows a thing about their vehicles anymore. The parts guy at my selling dealer said they didn't have diesel oil for my power wagon. LMAO.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Imagine that. The dealer is wrong. LOL. If I wanted to sell cars for a living I could make a fortune. Very few of the salesman actually knows a thing about their vehicles anymore. The parts guy at my selling dealer said they didn't have diesel oil for my power wagon. LMAO.
I'm not sure why you would ask the dealer anything. You will likely get a more accurate response from the 16 year old kid that works at Sonic next to the dealer.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Yeah I had this discussion with a couple buddies. How much should we actually expect our salesman/service/parts people to actually know. Apparently not much.

leaf001

Reaction score
Just picked mine up on Fri. It's leather. The Level 3 interior is pretty plush. I just wish it came with the 360 degree camera and blind spot indicators.

Last edited:

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
Ok thats interesting.. Thanks. To be fair it was the service dept guys, not the Salesman. Not that matters in the end...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just had my interior guy look at it. He actually pulled up the cover over the instrument area and looked at the backing.
Its shaved down leather.
So dealer is wrong. :rolleyes:
It is true leather.

Ask him if the Limited and Longhorn "wood" is real wood. I'm 99.99% sure it isn't but the Longhorn crew gets all twisted up if I say that.

If there's any wood in it, it's more poly than wood.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Mine does not have wood in it, so probably a mute question.
His family owns a custom upholstery shop here in town. They do a lot of custom interiors for vehicles. I've been working with him here at my work for almost 20 years. His family still runs the shop and he works there on the side.

My buddy has night edition limited 1500. From looking at the black w/white stripe "wood" in his, I can tell you it is plastic. Or at least not wood.
I've been a hobby woodworker for 40 plus years, building a few high end furniture pieces from time to time along with custom finishes. ;)

thkbaron

Reaction score
Yeah the dash definitely doesn't "feel" like plastic. It would be interesting to see what the expectations of each position are. Working at a car dealer used to be a career gig. Not so much anymore unless you're in management. Sad. I have a good government gig and honestly if I could make a living I'd totally work at a car dealership or have my own little custom shop. Unfortunately not in my small little town.

Users who are viewing this thread