Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Quad Lone Star - Back seat connector

K5KTF

Reaction score
Got my new 2500 last week and am installing my ham radio gear.
Adding a radio and tinytrack for APRS under the back seat, and while digging around, I find this connector.
I read many other posts that said for heated seats, maybe a sub, but these wires are too thin AWG to be for heat current, thinking OK maybe audio for sub.
The other posts I read only had like a black and yellow, or other colors.
I was kind of hoping the red and black would be ignition-on, would be perfect for my need.
It has a mating fitting with empty holes, looks like for small spade lugs (maybe like the thinner ones I got with my aux switch harness upfitter kit...)
Havent taken the meter to it yet, but was curious if anyone knows.
Dont know why car mfgs are so secretive about their wiring.....
TIA

Attachments

• 22Ram2500_backseatconnector.png
    22Ram2500_backseatconnector.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

K5KTF

Reaction score
Found out the yellow/violet wire is the dome light, probably for underseat lights. The rest had no visible voltage with ignition on/off.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Got my new 2500 last week and am installing my ham radio gear.
Adding a radio and tinytrack for APRS under the back seat, and while digging around, I find this connector.
I read many other posts that said for heated seats, maybe a sub, but these wires are too thin AWG to be for heat current, thinking OK maybe audio for sub.
The other posts I read only had like a black and yellow, or other colors.
I was kind of hoping the red and black would be ignition-on, would be perfect for my need.
It has a mating fitting with empty holes, looks like for small spade lugs (maybe like the thinner ones I got with my aux switch harness upfitter kit...)
Havent taken the meter to it yet, but was curious if anyone knows.
Dont know why car mfgs are so secretive about their wiring.....
TIA
Yes, that connector is for the rear passenger side heated seats. Except for the yellow/violet wire, which is for the under seat light, the rest of the wires aren’t hooked up to anything.

Users who are viewing this thread