Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 screen problems, SiriusXM, etc..

Bowhunterjeff

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - New here and hoping someone can answer some questions I have as I'm going in circles.

I have a new last year 2021 ram 2500 diesel with a 12" flat screen.
1. screen 1 was very slow and lagged all the time when working within the SiriusXM app
2. replaced screen 1 with screen 2 from the dealer and that screen was slow, could not connect to Bluetooth phone, and XM dropped out after 2 days because they did not switch my radio ID.
3. Im on my 3rd screen now as of today. the screen seems to work better within the XM app and my iPhone paired right away this time. I had to call XM myself and explain to them why I needed to update the radio ID number, which took about 30min and they resent the single to update it. Here's the problem now: Some of the XM tiles when selecting channels do not show the channel name and logo. The logo pops up once it goes full screen, however. If I want to save that channel as a favorite. it just shows up as a SiriusXM channel. No name, no logo. I have a listener profile and active subscription with a refreshed single. Pictures are attached.

Anyone ever run into this problem and know how to fix it. I'm hoping I do not need a 4th screen. At this point for the money, it should work.

Thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_4102.JPEG
    IMG_4102.JPEG
    641.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4103.JPEG
    IMG_4103.JPEG
    872.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

sstoner911

Reaction score
Did they update the software or perform a factory reset?

sstoner911

Reaction score
Maybe it's not the radio...maybe it's the XM antennae.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Or the radio module?

"Replaced Screen." Why would they replace the screen? It's just a display. The radio module is the brains and has all the wireless cards/chips in it.

Bowhunterjeff

Reaction score
Turns out they did not replace the screen at all, as it's just the display like we said. That is the original wording they were using until I really pressed them for clarification.

UPDATE: The truck sat for almost a week in the garage and then I let her warm-up for about 15min yesterday afternoon. Got in the truck and the XM logos were magically loaded onto my favorites tab. I also went through the carousel search and maybe 90% of the logos are now loaded. Not sure if a download or patch came through as it was warming up outside.

wolfpack

Reaction score
289A2F4A-52B4-4411-A10F-590504E03BAD.jpegMy 2021 3500 CTD always has this message stuck on the screen about installing pop up messages. No idea what that means. This is UConnect4 and can’t be updated by the users, right?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have had that before and it goes away eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread