Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

NDanecker

Reaction score
I have a feeling when they say things get escalated its to make ya feel like they put priority on YOUR truck. Fact is every truck is priority so who really wins. Everyone else is in the same boat here. I don't think the squeaky wheel gets oiled we just get told we were oiled. No way they are going to move hundreds of trucks to get yours out if it's buried in the lot. if they don't have drivers to deliver trucks its not like they are going to spend man hours moving them to make one person happy possibly upsetting the current schedule as every truck is now parked backwards. be honest.

3500Gasser

Reaction score
Does anyone still have the ability to get the $1500 bonus cash certificate? My certificate is about to expire and still no truck at 19 weeks. For whatever reason, I cannot get to it via my phone nor PC, using all the tricks folks ave provided.
No I have tried numerous times and called incentives 3 times asking for a supervisor to get mine extended since I have been waiting over 19 weeks at this point. No one has ever called back. Mine expires today and my truck is sitting in the lot at a train yard about 70 miles away from the dealer.

mcgyver44

Reaction score
Saga over. NEVER again will I wait and deal with the uncertainty, terrible customer service, bad communication, RamDoesntCare and factory order a Ram again. Wasted over 100 days of my life, the one I originally ordered is still in undetermined amount of “damage in transit”/ sitting at a railyard now for 30 plus days getting damaged more.
Pivoted to this dealer stock ‘21 that is nearly my factory order specs, got lucky finding it no doubt. Happy as could be though with this truck. And got a better deal then I would have gotten on factory order! And yes I got my deposit back on that one.

Attachments

• C93AA682-BC06-44B1-BA4B-8BFA8F4E4B03.jpeg
    C93AA682-BC06-44B1-BA4B-8BFA8F4E4B03.jpeg
    822.2 KB · Views: 52

b307a1

Reaction score
Saga over. NEVER again will I wait and deal with the uncertainty, terrible customer service, bad communication, RamDoesntCare and factory order a Ram again. Wasted over 100 days of my life, the one I originally ordered is still in undetermined amount of “damage in transit”/ sitting at a railyard now for 30 plus days getting damaged more.
Pivoted to this dealer stock ‘21 that is nearly my factory order specs, got lucky finding it no doubt. Happy as could be though with this truck. And got a better deal then I would have gotten on factory order! And yes I got my deposit back on that one.
Good for you! What's the difference between what you ended up with and what you ordered?....colors and options.

Last edited:

mcgyver44

Reaction score
Oh ya it was painless, took two phone calls, and less then 1 hour to get Plan B. Happy as a pig in you know what

mcgyver44

Reaction score
Good for you! What's the difference between what you ended up with and to what you had ordered?
I have carpet vs deleted now.
No park sense on this one.
No block heater on this one.
It doesn’t have the Off-road package but I was regretting that option anyway due to not seeing value with it.

Other then that it’s the truck I ordered, 50 gallon tank, 8.4” screen, and packages I wanted and color I wanted and a long box.

flgboy

Reaction score
No I have tried numerous times and called incentives 3 times asking for a supervisor to get mine extended since I have been waiting over 19 weeks at this point. No one has ever called back. Mine expires today and my truck is sitting in the lot at a train yard about 70 miles away from the dealer.
Exact same situation for me except 100 miles from depot to dealer and now I've got 2 feet of snow coming Monday to add yet another snafu to the logistics.

b307a1

Reaction score
I have carpet vs deleted now.
No park sense on this one.
No block heater on this one.
It doesn’t have the Off-road package but I was regretting that option anyway due to not seeing value with it.

Other then that it’s the truck I ordered, 50 gallon tank, 8.4” screen, and packages I wanted and color I wanted and a long box.
Well congratulations! I have been debating putting in a block heater in mine. It's $118.92 for the wiring and $57.30 for the heater.
Did you ask them to install it with the deal?

Last edited:

Big Blue

Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out for you. And I agree on everything you said about ordering and lack of communications etc. Enjoy your new truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

But did you die?

flan

Reaction score
Well congratulations! I have been debating putting in a block heater in mine. It's $118.92 for the wiring and $57.30 for the heater.
Did you ask them to install one with the deal?
Cummins?

b307a1

Reaction score
Northern AZ. We get more snow than Buffalo NY actually.

I guess the silver lining is that I bet I have a firm delivery date. It'll be the day after the bonus $$ expires. That's the way things to these days...
With that kind of snow dump you will have us beat....so far.

flan

Reaction score
No 6.4 like he is getting.
Ah ok. A lot of folks don’t realize the block heater is installed in all Cummins, it’s the cord that’s an option when you price and build.

surge1116

Reaction score
I do value my time, but I didn't place an order mid-covid and expect normal delivery time.
So much for civility, huh?

I don’t think anyone here is clueless enough to expect “normal” delivery times. When I ordered, I was told “normal” was 6-8 weeks, and that COVID had caused some extended delivery times of 12+. I knew it was going to take a while and was fine with that, but we’re rapidly approaching the 5+ month mark. I and many others here are frustrated by the complete lack of communication from Ram/FCA and the apparent unwillingness to share what should be easily disseminatable information with customers. It’s understandable that they may not want to offer any firm dates on anything given the situation, but keeping your customers in the dark and only offering what amounts to canned platitudes isn’t an acceptable alternative. That coupled with ordered units sitting in freight yards for weeks on end, some of which are getting damaged a la mcgyver’s, while dealer stock units roll in day after day has led to a lot of upset folks here.

Maybe instead of being snarky, you could try showing some empathy?

Users who are viewing this thread