Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

b307a1

Reaction score
Preparing to depart on my 2,300 mile trek from Virginia to Montana to pick up my new Grandby shell. I am spending tonight in Blue Earth, Minnesota.

View attachment 19103
That's a coincidence. I have never heard of the place until recently when I ordered an aluminum flatbed body made by Tafco and they are located there.

So when is the AEV transformation gonna Happen?

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
That's a coincidence. I have never heard of the place until recently when I ordered an aluminum flatbed body made by Tafco and they are located there.

So when is the AEV transformation gonna Happen?

Yeah, it was my second time there within the past year. If you visit make sure to take a picture near the 55' statue of the Jolly Green Giant - I did.

After I play around the area this weekend I will head towards AEV in Wixom, Michigan to drop off my truck. They will have it until the end of August or early September and then I will head back to AEV to pick the rig up and drive it home to Virginia.

b307a1

Reaction score
Yeah, it was my second time there within the past year. If you visit make sure to take a picture near the 55' statue of the Jolly Green Giant - I did.

After I play around the area this weekend I will head towards AEV in Wixom, Michigan to drop off my truck. They will have it until the end of August or early September and then I will head back to AEV to pick the rig up and drive it home to Virginia.
I take it that Green Giant grows alot of their corn out that way.

How are you getting home from AEV? Since you are the frugal outdoorsy type...hitchhiking?

Last edited:

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Flying home from Detroit as we speak - I purchased the cheapest ticket I could find around two weeks ago when they are usually a good deal. I never pick a seat and often am bumped up into a premium seat or on rare occasion a fancy first class one. If I had a bit more time I would have hitch-hiked, you meet interesting people and listen to great stories :)

Regarding the cost of AEV I initially was just going to go with their suspension, rims and some 37" tires. My goal was to be cheap and use a Power Wagon winch bracket although I really wanted to go with the Warn 16.5 winch and was pretty confident the bracket would not have the proper safety factor engineered. So, then I began considering buying the front bumper...and I am picky on balancing systems so if I have the front bumper I might as well have the rear. Now add in labor since I just do not have the time to enjoy wrenching these days and we are darn near the cost of the complete AEV Prospector package minus the struggle to order everything, set aside time to have it installed, etc.

On some things it is just really easy to drop it off and pick it up a month or so later. I am frugal but I am not afraid to spend good money on a good deal.

Das Billige ist immer das Teuerste.

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Good to see you back Chester!

Feeling a little naked without your baby?

After spending so much time in her these past few weeks it was pretty emotional just leaving her like that. The guys at AEV know this and quickly took her inside and out of my sight so it would be easier for both of us. I didn't cry like most AEV customers do but I did tear up...

b307a1

Reaction score
After spending so much time in her these past few weeks it was pretty emotional just leaving her like that. The guys at AEV know this and quickly took her inside and out of my sight so it would be easier for both of us. I didn't cry like most AEV customers do but I did tear up...
Ha ha ha!! that's precious.

b307a1

Reaction score
UH-OH....Rocky is gonna have to make some room. He's not alone on top any more!

Congratulations Chester that looks BAD-ASSED!!!.....don't forget, when you get that back home you have to give us a tour of it.

Who put the hemi badge on the camper?

Update : Ok, I see they replaced the door badges with there own and moved the hemi to the rear.... I have to admit that is pretty darned cool!

Last edited:

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
UH-OH....Rocky is gonna have to make some room. He's not alone on top any more!

Congratulations Chester that looks BAD-ASSED!!!.....don't forget, when you get that back home you have to give us a tour of it.

Who put the hemi badge on the camper?

Update : Ok, I see they replaced the door badges with there own and moved the hemi to the rear.... I have to admit that is pretty darned cool!
Thanks - I may bring her through NW PA in early September for some show and tell. AEV put the Hemi badge back aft and I asked since I do not have a tailgate if they could install the AEV badge and they said sure. Great team up there all around.

5 to 7 weeks?....they must have really taken your tears seriously when you dropped it off.
Hey, they were real tears...I felt like an Air Force guy for just a brief moment.

b307a1

Reaction score
Thanks - I may bring her through NW PA in early September for some show and tell. AEV put the Hemi badge back aft and I asked since I do not have a tailgate if they could install the AEV badge and they said sure. Great team up there all around.

Hey, they were real tears...I felt like an Air Force guy for just a brief moment.
Oh yeah, I know the one in congress from Illinois.

Users who are viewing this thread