Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 2500 6.7 CLUNK into Reverse

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have 36000 Miles on my truck and recently purchased it a month ago. Lately Iv been hearing , well feeling I suppose a clunk going into reverse from park. I had my fiancé shift it to reverse when I looked under the truck and it looked like that drive shaft vibrated a bit like it was struggling to go in reverse. But it goes right in when you put it in park. Is this normal ? I can’t imagine a truck having an issue already but hey it would be my luck.

Billy Mac

Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have 36000 Miles on my truck and recently purchased it a month ago. Lately Iv been hearing , well feeling I suppose a clunk going into reverse from park. I had my fiancé shift it to reverse when I looked under the truck and it looked like that drive shaft vibrated a bit like it was struggling to go in reverse. But it goes right in when you put it in park. Is this normal ? I can’t imagine a truck having an issue already but hey it would be my luck.
Hey .. new here but I’m experiencing the same issue. I bought my 2021 2500 MC A month ago and instantly thought there was an issue as the truck shifts very smoothly other than into reverse. Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same “clunk” sound.

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
Yeah mine does it occasionally. I’m pretty sure it is normal but was hoping for an input from others.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If my foots not firmly on the brake it clunks a bit nothing to worry about though i tend to do it often when plowing lol

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
I've had two 4th gens , onr 2500 ctd and one Drw ctd, and my new 21 Srw clunks. I think it's normal. I don't like it , but it's the nature of the beast .

Users who are viewing this thread