Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Power Wagon Squealing/ Chirping on startup?

Wobly

Reaction score
speaking of frustrated...
Also looking at a roar pedal or tuning, so I can have access to "all" of the truck the I paid for. Continuous situation arise where the computer and I disagree... when I say off, I mean OFF!! not a little off, I mean go away! your services are no longer required... I dont mean reduce my throttle when I'm hammering through mud and snow and I want the momentum. OR!! the rear starts to kick out on black ice and I want to give it more throttle to straighten up, but instead the computer decided it was a better idea to hit the brakes and take away the throttle completely but only for a few seconds, which almost results in a spin but then gave you back a little throttle...still not enough that its useful because the brakes are still being applied.

Even the acceleration is restricted, what I mean is, the throttle does not mirror my foot. At least until the pedal is about 3/4 of the way to the floor, then it goes from what feels like 1/4 to full, drops three gears, slams you back in the seat and reminds me why I like the hemi's. But thats not what i wanted in that situation.

I think it might be time for an "off-grid" truck... must haves include:
- ability to rev engine from other locations than drivers seat
- more pedals than feet
- transmission MUST require driver input prior to any change
- must include alternate methods of starting engine
- Must have increased security system (separate key for entering is accepted)
- AM/FM radio... optional

- Must NOT have any ability to make decisions of any kind
- Must NOT have the ability to override driver input
- Must NOT have the ability to communicate information to the manufacture - all communication will be the responsibility of the driver/owner
- Must NOT have the ability to record any information ( pre-set radio station if equipped are acceptable)
- Must NOT have any system that redirects oil away from important engine components .
I think part of what you are looking for is the Nanny Kill Switch from Abel Components. I put one on my '21 PW and it has worked great! It temporarily cuts the ESC components all the way off. When you are done with what you are doing, you flip the switch back and turn the truck off, then back on. The system will then reactivate all the ESC components.

Users who are viewing this thread