Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

jsalbre

Reaction score
The build and price still isn’t officially “live”, but as of today it’s finally showing images. It still doesn't list lane keep and adaptive steering, but the blind spot monitoring does say “tag trailer”.

RB18C

Reaction score

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
It’d be interesting to see a window sticker with the 50gal tank on a cclb

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
I’ve looked at a few 2020 long bed window stickers and non had the 50 gal tank.
50 gal tank won't be available until Q1, so I was told a couple of weeks ago. My only hope is it can be added aftermarket and configure to read correctly in the display/gauge

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
50 gal tank won't be available until Q1, so I was told a couple of weeks ago. My only hope is it can be added aftermarket and configure to read correctly in the display/gauge

that's what I've read also. But for the first several days of 2020 ordering, the 50gal tank was available to order. Curious to see what's actually showing up to the dealers.

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
that's what I've read also. But for the first several days of 2020 ordering, the 50gal tank was available to order. Curious to see what's actually showing up to the dealers.
Not sure if it was really available for order. When shopping around I had a few dealerships tell me how much it would cost and then when quote was received the fuel tank wasn't there. When i questioned them there were all kinds of excuses. Other dealerships told me they weren't available for order. In the end I contacted RAM directly and was told they won't be available for order until Q1. My guess is some dealers just tell you what you want to hear and or may let you place an order hoping you miss the fact it's missing or worse yet take your order and have you wait 3-5 months.

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
Not sure if it was really available for order. When shopping around I had a few dealerships tell me how much it would cost and then when quote was received the fuel tank wasn't there. When i questioned them there were all kinds of excuses. Other dealerships told me they weren't available for order. In the end I contacted RAM directly and was told they won't be available for order until Q1. My guess is some dealers just tell you what you want to hear and or may let you place an order hoping you miss the fact it's missing or worse yet take your order and have you wait 3-5 months.
I had more than one quote that showed it. Then after a few days, it wasn’t an option... see build sheet.858ABE1D-9474-4B56-96E9-4CEDD8D0CE3C.png

RB18C

Reaction score
I’d be pissed if I had the 48 gallon tank on my order sheet and then Didn’t receive it.

Klinger

Reaction score
It’s not on my 2020 build sheet Limited CC 8’bed. Shows 32 gallon tank. Status show 12/24 ETA to TX Was supposed to be here originally 12/15

jsalbre

Reaction score
Still no build sheet, but Ram chat says I'm in JS now. Looks like our trucks are neighbors RB18C.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Get your build sheet yet? I’m still sitting in JS

My build sheet showed up late last night. I’m still sitting in JS as well, though when I spoke to the Ram chat guy he specifically said I was “in quality assurance”. If he wasn’t just putting his own interpretation on the JS code then it matches up with what I was thinking: perhaps they’re waiting until “X” number of certain trims has been built so they can validate something before shipping.

What leads me to think that is that I see lots of Tradesman, Big Horns, and Laramie shipping, but no Longhorns or Limiteds.

Klinger

Reaction score
My build sheet showed up late last night. I’m still sitting in JS as well, though when I spoke to the Ram chat guy he specifically said I was “in quality assurance”. If he wasn’t just putting his own interpretation on the JS code then it matches up with what I was thinking: perhaps they’re waiting until “X” number of certain trims has been built so they can validate something before shipping.

What leads me to think that is that I see lots of Tradesman, Big Horns, and Laramie shipping, but no Longhorns or Limiteds.
I wish they’d hurry up with my Limited. My wife is working out of town for month of January and I already sold my truck so it’s gonna be some cold grocery store shopping riding the Harley lol

RB18C

Reaction score

Mines a tradesman. So who knows. Just hope it ships soon

jsalbre

Reaction score
Mines a tradesman. So who knows. Just hope it ships soon

Ahh, thought you had a Limited. Well there goes my theory. Who knows what’s going on, though I’m sure there’s a good reason for it. Keeping a vehicle in storage costs FCA money and doesn’t make dealers or customers happy.

Users who are viewing this thread