Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

Ivanvent

Reaction score
Not only is it not standard, it can't be ordered right now! You also can't order lane keep assist. Seems as thought ordering is going to close this Thurs and not re-open until Jan... So any order now is more of a 2019.5 vs 2020, other than your window sticker showing 2020 how is it different than the 2019?

where did you hear of ordering closing? Man I’d wish some of these dealers would respond and give some insight on whats going on

RB18C

Reaction score
That’s fast to get a VIN!
Long story short I had major issues with my 2018 2500. So Chrysler is doing a vehicle replacement. I was told my case manager put a rush on my new truck. So we’ll see? If I see the new truck in 60 days or less I’ll be happy.

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
Can you give some detail on this? I just put in an order for a 2020 and my dealer said his Ram rep told him lane assist (and all the other new features) would be included. Specifically he said:

"Lane Keep Assist is on the Level 1 Group
Adaptive Steering is on the Level 1 Group
Trailer Blind Spot Monitoring is standard on the Limited Package"

You very well may be correct on the Lane Keep, just had 2 different dealers confirm but all are stating that the fuel tank isn't available yet. I've reached out to RAM to get answers.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You very well may be correct on the Lane Keep, just had 2 different dealers confirm but all are stating that the fuel tank isn't available yet. I've reached out to RAM to get answers.

Please share what you learn. The fuel tank isn’t an issue for me as I ordered a CC 6’4 bed, so the only option is the regular tank.

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
Curious to hear what you find out also. My guess is nobody really knows the answer.

FCA press release said it’d be standard on cclb, then when 2020 order banks opened, it appeared as an option. A few days later, it’s no longer an option. Does that mean it became standard? Or is it still an option but just not available to order at the moment? Other than the press release, i haven’t seen any documentation stating either case.

Ivanvent

Reaction score
Curious to hear what you find out also. My guess is nobody really knows the answer.

FCA press release said it’d be standard on cclb, then when 2020 order banks opened, it appeared as an option. A few days later, it’s no longer an option. Does that mean it became standard? Or is it still an option but just not available to order at the moment? Other than the press release, i haven’t seen any documentation stating either case.

yeah that is exactly what I understood as well. It was there as an option then it was gone. The dealers are all lacking answers and its kind of annoying at this point. I would just like to know what all is coming on a truck I might be ordering and that can’t even be answered. Everyone seems to have an opinion but no solid answers. I’m not sure how much a huge company isn’t more organized on their releases and such.

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
yeah that is exactly what I understood as well. It was there as an option then it was gone. The dealers are all lacking answers and its kind of annoying at this point. I would just like to know what all is coming on a truck I might be ordering and that can’t even be answered. Everyone seems to have an opinion but no solid answers. I’m not sure how much a huge company isn’t more organized on their releases and such.

This is the only thing preventing me from ordering. In the beginning we couldn't get all the packages I want to combine. Now that I can get all the packages I want, the 50gal tank is MIA. Not sure I want to take the risk and order it assuming the larger tank is in fact standard

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Heading to the Dealer this morning . He said they can now place orders for the MegaCab. Ready to pull the trigger but it all depends on negotiation. Otherwise I might try the CostCo service. Anybody ever use them? If so how did go and were you happy?

Jugular

Reaction score
I was ready to place an order with Dennis Dillon yesterday, but the Olive Green (and other new blue color) didn't show up as available with Rambox. They will need to get back to me when that issue is resolved. Seems like those two options should be available, since the photo in the press release for 2020 updates showed an Olive Green Laramie with Rambox.

jasonjm

Reaction score
thats pretty accurate. since these trucks seem to devalue at 10% per year (with some miles) the 2019s are kind of 20% off

Ivanvent

Reaction score
13.2% off for me at Dennis Dillon
That’s using Chrysler financing. I’ve been asking about this from others because Dennis Dillon says you can only put 10k down and have to finance minimum for 1 year which would negate the 2k rebate. I have also been shopping around and no one can get close to their prices around here

Jugular

Reaction score
That’s using Chrysler financing. I’ve been asking about this from others because Dennis Dillon says you can only put 10k down and have to finance minimum for 1 year which would negate the 2k rebate. I have also been shopping around and no one can get close to their prices around here
That is mostly accurate. I've heard 20% down and $10,000...will need to confirm which it is. The minimum for Chrysler financing is 6 months (not sure if this is a change, but it is what they told me two days ago). My quote for the same truck was $59,663 with Dennis Dillon and $63,740 with Dave Smith.

Jugular

Reaction score
I haven't actually ordered yet, and you don't talk to the other departments until you order, but I've heard as low as 5% (not great). I will refinance after 6 mths for sure

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
Please share what you learn. The fuel tank isn’t an issue for me as I ordered a CC 6’4 bed, so the only option is the regular tank.

So finally heard back : "The 50 gallon fuel tank is now available as an option, and you should be able to order this option on the Diesel 4x4 as early as Q1 of 2020." Not sure why they say it's available now but then state you can't order until Q1... Should simply state it will be available sometime Q1.

now we just need to know when trailer TPMS will be available

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
TPMS is available it's just come with it. not an order option. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and look all over for it then saw it as standard equipment I think under safety stuff.

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
TPMS is available it's just come with it. not an order option. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and look all over for it then saw it as standard equipment I think under safety stuff.
I'm referring to all items required to make it work. Sensors, a module that has to be added and possibly the need to have it re-flashed. I've read that some have bought the sensors but until the module is made available it doesn't work. Hope it becomes available soon but went ahead and ordered a 2020 3500 limited DRW.

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
I did not know it took a module, I knew you had to get the sensors but thought it was already set up.

Users who are viewing this thread