Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

MikeXM

Reaction score
Hardly ever on the HDs. Just got to go with yer gut and pull the trigger when it all works out to being ready on the lot with the best deal you put together. There will always be a better deal and more you could of gotten. Took me 6 months, but it was worth it and i knew when the time was right. I got a really good deal, but there's others on here that definitely did better.
Well, I'm sitting on it until they offer the no charge Cummins. That's $9500 canadian pesos. Well worth the wait. And it is not like I absolutely need the truck right now, but man... I was hoping so much for that incentive to appear in May.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sitting on it until they offer the no charge Cummins. That's $9500 canadian pesos. Well worth the wait. And it is not like I absolutely need the truck right now, but man... I was hoping so much for that incentive to appear in May.
Nothing like canook bucks in your pocket , if you got the time, it will play in your favor

Haas14

Reaction score
2020 build and price on the Canadian website shows employee pricing Incentives on the 2500 and 3500.. Might be a sign of things to come. But more than likely someone screwed up that runs that site, haha

MikeXM

Reaction score
2020 build and price on the Canadian website shows employee pricing Incentives on the 2500 and 3500.. Might be a sign of things to come. But more than likely someone screwed up that runs that site, haha
Ohhh wow.... there is no mention of it anywhere on the current Offers but you are right. On build site, I get $11,539 rebate on my build. Okay, now we are getting somewhere.
Thanks!

MikeXM

Reaction score
Ohhh wow.... there is no mention of it anywhere on the current Offers but you are right. On build site, I get $11,539 rebate on my build. Okay, now we are getting somewhere.
Thanks!
Aaaannnnd... It's gone! :mad:
So yeah, a website glitch. Most likely something that will come up at a later time. Hopefully.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I am replying to my own comment because I can't find evidence the SRW HO has the larger 365 mm brake rotors that come with the "max tow" package.

Rod Romain states in this video that the larger 365 mm brake rotors come with the max tow package.

I can't find the post at the moment, but a hdrams member measured the rear brakes on their SRW HO and determined they are the same size as the "max towing" brakes on the DRW. So, it appears all HO trucks get the larger rear brakes even without the "max tow" package.

He measured wrong. I had the wheels off my 3500 HO SRW yesterday and measured edge to center. They are 14.09" (358mm), same as every HD ram since 2009. Not 14.37.

IMHO, the dually rotors are probably only larger due to the larger bolt pattern that's due to the large axle tube. The SRW axle tube is necked down to fit the SRW setup. The larger rotors may have the same swept area as the slightly smaller rotors, but someone would have to measure hat to rotor edge (I didn't think of that at the time) and do the math.

ETA: I changed from "likely the same swept area" to "may have."

I am replying to my own comment because I can't find evidence the SRW HO has the larger 365 mm brake rotors that come with the "max tow" package.

Rod Romain states in this video that the larger 365 mm brake rotors come with the max tow package.

I am similarly curious because I have the HO without the max tow package. I can't find any information from FCA about the larger (365 mm) brake rotors. The next time I have a rear tire off, I will measure the circumference of the rotor. If the truck has the larger rotors, the circumference should be 365 mm * pi.

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
He measured wrong. I had the wheels off my 3500 HO SRW yesterday and measured edge to center. They are 14.09" (358mm), same as every HD ram since 2009. Not 14.37.

IMHO, the dually rotors are probably only larger due to the larger bolt pattern that's due to the large axle tube. The SRW axle tube is necked down to fit the SRW setup. They likely have the same swept area as the slightly smaller rotors, but someone would have to measure hat to rotor edge (I didn't think of that at the time) and do the math.
I went back into my archives when i was able to get with a technician at ram at what criteria had to be met to get the 365mm rear brakes, this is the email.

Rich,

Thank you for contacting FCA US LLC.

VIN: 3C63RRJL9!!!!!!!!

Our records indicate this vehicle was equipped from the factory with the following:
DF2 6-Spd Auto Aisin AS69RC HD Trans
DMF 4.10 Axle Ratio
DRC 12.0 Dual Wheel Rear Axle
ETM 6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel Eng

According to available information, this vehicle should be equipped with the following brake rotor sizes:
Front Brake Rotor Size: 360 x 39.0 mm (14.17 x 1.535 in.)
Rear Brake Rotor Size: 365 x 38 mm (14.37 x 1.50 in)

Sincerely,
Joe
PvAL2hi3uLPUMHhwZ7Csmnr_LTeV6uxDfcHdRxLzqO0xg1wGtDcnlvySPbgVS-WlEO_qTc_eEvWj_QkeXqMjeICKbnlWTciyQJF8wrdjqQrrL2kipcO2bIfEbXNK_qLzOCuZglwd6Fh5oFQhw14Effdu4kVyXorMSg=s0-d-e1-ft

ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z13DTnt:ref
I honestly wouldn't think that the 410 gear would have anything to do with it over the 373, they both haul a $#/+ load of lbs

litzdog911

Reaction score
After many delays we finallly got our 2020 2500 Limited yesterday. Washington State dealers were allowed to resume sales yesterday with a skeleton sales crew.

To recap the saga:
  • November 14, 2019: Order placed. ETA was January 2020.
  • Late January, 2020: Truck was built at factory in Mexico. Last minute 68rfe transmission recall delays shipment.
  • Late February, 2020: Truck shipped to Everett
  • March 20, 2020: Truck arrives at Dwayne Lane. Dealership forced to close the next day.
  • May 5, 2020: Dealer allowed to resume limited sales. Finally get our truck! Everything so far checks out OK.
The sales rep and his manager were very apologetic about all of the delays. I think we wound up with a good deal, saving a bit over 12% off of MSRP. And they matched the Ziegler price for an extended MaxCare warranty.

Now we can finally pick up our new travel trailer!

IMG_6847.JPG

thestuarts

Reaction score
After many delays we finallly got our 2020 2500 Limited yesterday. Washington State dealers were allowed to resume sales yesterday with a skeleton sales crew.

To recap the saga:
  • Late January, 2020: Truck was built at factory in Mexico. Last minute 68rfe transmission recall delays shipment.
  • March 20, 2020: Truck arrives at Dwayne Lane. Dealership forced to close the next day.
  • May 5, 2020: Dealer allowed to resume limited sales. Finally get our truck! Everything so far checks out OK.
The sales rep and his manager were very apologetic about all of the delays. I think we wound up with a good deal, saving a bit over 12% off of MSRP. And they matched the Ziegler price for an extended MaxCare warranty.

View attachment 4371

I ordered my truck at Dwayne Lane. I had a pleasant experience, and the price was fair. Megan in the service department has been very helpful getting the software updates installed.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score

To recap the saga:

View attachment 4371
she's a buet!!! You got awesome taste in color choice

litzdog911

Reaction score
she's a buet!!! You got awesome taste in color choice

Thanks! Really liking the color. Just set up the cover for the rear seats so we can take the dogs for a drive. But it's raining here today and I'm reluctant to get the truck dirty. Stupid, huh?!?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Really liking the color. Just set up the cover for the rear seats so we can take the dogs for a drive. But it's raining here today and I'm reluctant to get the truck dirty. Stupid, huh?!?
Ugh , he'll too the no

Users who are viewing this thread