Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Laramie 3500, Crew Cab, HO Cummins, 4x4, 8" Bed

John Jensen

Reaction score
Here's my POC, I redacted dealer, Vin # and my data.
My order was placed on the same day as Ejmartin's. It will be interesting to see if our build points likewise coincide.
I have a 2016 1500 Ecodiesel as my daily driver. This truck will be my 30' Sunnybrook trailer hauler.
I already have a garage full of accessories ready to install when the truck arrives.
Upon arrival, the dealer will have the bed Linex'd. He gets it for nearly half price.
My first add-on will be a Leer 100XR shell. Nearly 3,000.00. My 2016 Leer was 2,000.00 - inflation sucks!
My grandson-in-law is the dealer's General Sales Manager so the purchase was easy and properly priced.

Attachments

• 2020 redaked.pdf
    3.8 KB · Views: 69

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That package doesn't come with the sprayed in liner?

FWIW, I don't think the thickness of the factory liner is much, if any, thinner than my 16 year old Line-X.

What I don't like is the stupid plastic bedrail covers that prevent you from doing an over-the-rail Line-X because there are holes in the top of the bedrail.

John Jensen

Reaction score
The packages I purchased does not include a spray-in liner. It is available as an additional item or in the Bed Utilities Group package.
My local Linex guy is the best and I get it nearly half price.
I have the factory spray-in liner in my 2016 1500 Ecodiesel and it has been fine. However, the factory sprays over the tailgate screws/bolts while Linex removes the screws/bolts, sprays the tailgate and replaces the screw/bolts. I like that.
It has been reported that the factory fails to properly prepare the bed and tailgate. I have a hard time accepting that but it could be true.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Update
3/17 5:30pm - Delivery 03/30-04/18
KZ - released by plant, invoiced
Approved for shipment, not scheduled

Last edited:

@JC

Reaction score
I have the factory sprayed in bed liner and my tailgate screws are not sprayed over.
The packages I purchased does not include a spray-in liner. It is available as an additional item or in the Bed Utilities Group package.
My local Linex guy is the best and I get it nearly half price.
I have the factory spray-in liner in my 2016 1500 Ecodiesel and it has been fine. However, the factory sprays over the tailgate screws/bolts while Linex removes the screws/bolts, sprays the tailgate and replaces the screw/bolts. I like that.
It has been reported that the factory fails to properly prepare the bed and tailgate. I have a hard time accepting that but it could be true.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I have the factory sprayed in bed liner and my tailgate screws are not sprayed over.
Thanks for that encouraging info. My 2016 factory spray-in liner is the same, no sprayed over screws.
I'm finding/hearing that some have been and some have not. I haven't been able to determine why.
Thinking maybe the Factory sprayed over the screws when they started this accessory and have since changed (or some similar scenario).
Or, entirely possible that the reports regarding sprayed over screws were erroneous.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Agree. I just thought to look at mine last night and also don't have any spray on the tailgate access panel screws or the bolt on tie-downs in the bed.

FWIW, I can also confirm the 12 over 7 pin connector is present in the bed as well as on the bumper. Furthermore, I don't know when they changed over, but having the bumper connector on the right side is just dumb. That said, I haven't looked to see if something is blocking the left side.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Update:

No Change due to the shutdown
3/271:30pm - Delivery Date: Could not give any dates

MSundet

Reaction score
Update:

No Change due to the shutdown
3/271:30pm - Delivery Date: Could not give any dates

Painful, I wonder how they left it there. Just done for the day close it up ? Or if the finish what’s on the line then shut down....

I’m hoping for the best with the delivery and I hope you post some pictures!!!

Excited for you to get it!!!

John Jensen

Reaction score
The truck is finished and ready to ship. All they were waiting for was a ship schedule/ticket when the crap hit.
I have no idea where it is or how it's protected. I do know it's not alone, I understand there is quite a backlog.

I don't mind the wait, just anxious it arrives in good condition. If it as late as April 30 I will get a $1000.00 PenFen CU discount certificate. That sweetens the dealy for sure.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear official evidence that both the 12&7 plug ins are inside the bed. Didn't make anh sense at all to not have them both in an out to keep wires from Rubin on your tailgate, i hate that rub Mark.

wordofbabb

Reaction score
I am looking at the Leer site and it says the 2020 3500 Crew Cab Long Box is no a fit for any campers, but I am guessing there is an error on it since you clearly have one. Looks sharp!

John Jensen

Reaction score
I am looking at the Leer site and it says the 2020 3500 Crew Cab Long Box is no a fit for any campers, but I am guessing there is an error on it since you clearly have one. Looks sharp!
The Leer site is not correct. The dealer told me the dually bed has changed the rear corners and not yet available. Leer for my 2020 8' bed was readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread