Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 HD??

Reaction score
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I can't really see a reason why it wouldn't be legit. HD orders should have closed on June 27th, with 2020's opening Aug 7th, and production beginning Oct 7.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Well I just ordered another one and it’s already in D Status today. It’s the 3500 version this time.

HomelessBound

Reaction score
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I can't really see a reason why it wouldn't be legit. HD orders should have closed on June 27th, with 2020's opening Aug 7th, and production beginning Oct 7.

Yes, and none of the top three dealers in the country know anything at this point - at least not sharing with me. So not sure why this one dealer would have the info... I'd figure one would at least have something like "buy a 2019 now as orders are about to close and 2020 ordering won't open for xx months so you won't get your truck until way later than you want" but nothing... Which leads me to believe they simply don't know. TTPMS is still listed as a "late availability" feature for 2019s, and we still can't order with that -- so maybe 2019 does go on longer? Or maybe they just flip the switch to 2020s and you need a 2020 for that from the factory.

Here are the rumored/promised features for 2019 that might debut in 2020:
  1. Trailer TPMS (RAM Marketing Material)
  2. Cummins 8 Speed (Pre-release rumors/speculation). could be ZF. could be Aisin. Ford/Chevy are 10 speed on their Diesels for 2020.
  3. eTorque for the 6.4 (lots of speculation on the web). At least the HD trucks generally have the payload to eat the battery weight.
Here are the things going on in the market that RAM might answer for 2020 (or just wait for sales to drop and wait until 2021 to answer)
  1. Ford is bringing 10 speed to the super duty and chevy to diesel HD trims. Which supports the idea of RAM bringing 8 speeds for the cummins to match fuel economy/shifting performance.
  2. Ford is bringing the pro trailer assist (use a knob to steer the trailer and it automatically positions the truck to turn the trailer the desire direction/keeps it straight)
  3. Chevy has the power up/down tailgate coming. Multigate for HDs?
  4. Ford is bringing out the 7.3 L engine - maybe resulting in more torque from the 6.4 (TFL just saw some Hemi doing testing in June).
  5. Ford Tremor - Ram might come something more than the off-road package but not quite PW to answer. It will need payload closer to a normal 2500 to be competitive. I'd be happy with front/rear lockers on a 2500/3500.
  6. Normal payload/towing/cubic feet/rigidity/torques/horsepowers pissing match. Wake me up when I can pull the payload sticker for the truck I am building or one I see on the lot.

I doubt all of these will be matched - FCA seems happy with how 2500/3500 are moving for now. Probably mostly minor trim reshuffling and maybe bringing TTPMS out. When they need to start paying big incentives to move 2500/3500 then we'll see more features pop up.

The Ramboxes, integrated air suspension (still fairly easy aftermarket), coil rear on the 2500, and full speed adaptive cruise control (ford doesn't take you down to a stop, chevy offers nothing) will remain the competitive advantages from a feature standpoint for now.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Plus I think the Cummins is a much better engine than the powerstroke and duramax.
I was told when I ordered my 3500 on 7/18 they will be taking orders for 2019 until 8/23 then start on 2020 8/30 or 9/2. Still no TTPMS But curious based on last video I posted if mine does show anything. Haven’t had chance to play with it yet on 2500

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Plus I think the Cummins is a much better engine than the powerstroke and duramax.

Time will tell. Whoever is the best at emissions without crossing the line into the buyback/dieselgate zone... I am less concerned with a Diesel engine dying than all of the emissions bolt ons.

Users who are viewing this thread