Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 HD??

Jugular

Reaction score
Is anyone else already anxious to see what refinements and updates we will see next year? I've been looking forward to purchasing for a long time and think I'll be ready next Spring. Of course I'll have to decide between a 2019 and 2020. Anyone have any rumors and/or wishes to share? I know I've seen discussions about a response to the new 6.6 GM and 7.3 Ford gasser...

Reaction score
I haven't heard of any, but I did hear that orders for the 2019 HD's are no longer be taken by dealers, which likely means minimal to no changes to the 2020's when they open up those orders.

Jugular

Reaction score
Maybe they'll have the telescopic steering that folks seem to be craving. I'm still hoping they will have another gas alternative (not that there is anything really "wrong" with the 6.4 w/8spd), but I agree that chances are slim for 2020.

Ivanvent

Reaction score
Reputable dealer has stated that 19’s will probably be at least into sept for ordering. They pushed back the ordering for the 20’s

regal2800

Reaction score
There is a salesman on another forum that was saying the 2020 will have some changes worth waiting for. Did you ask your dealer if there are any significant changes coming in 2020?

Ivanvent

Reaction score
There is a salesman on another forum that was saying the 2020 will have some changes worth waiting for. Did you ask your dealer if there are any significant changes coming in 2020?

Yeah I saw that too. Must be something decent but probably not a game changer I would imagine

R.J.

Reaction score
Holding out for a 20 here. I was looking forward to placing the order in August according to that order sheet that was floating around.

Did he elaborate of what changes are coming?

regal2800

Reaction score
nah he had no information at all to give out. the only thing worth waiting for would be an 8 speed trans.

Addicted2Torque

Reaction score
I had the impression that ordering for 2020 opens on Aug 7th, so more info should be out pretty soon if that is correct. However, it also indicated that builds would not start until early Oct so that would put deliveries near year end. I imagine the changes would be small as well-but interested to know what they may be.

Ivanvent

Reaction score
I had the impression that ordering for 2020 opens on Aug 7th, so more info should be out pretty soon if that is correct. However, it also indicated that builds would not start until early Oct so that would put deliveries near year end. I imagine the changes would be small as well-but interested to know what they may be.
That was the initial report then it got pushed back from what I understand. 19’s will be ordered until at least beginning October.

arwright

Reaction score
Anyone have the link to the website which shows the dates 2020 orders will open? I saw it somewhere and now can't find it.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Maybe the 20s will actually have all the features they advertised for the 19s... haha
But in all seriousness, I put zero stock in the words of salesman.. I have yet to find one that has any clue what they are talking about.

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Ram boxes are no longer available to order for the HD trucks. A sign that final 2019 production orders are going in and 2020 orders are opening soon?

HomelessBound

Reaction score
I don't think they are getting rid of them. I think the Ramboxes aren't available to order because the last trucks to leave the factory as 2019s will have regular beds. So features will start disappearing until 2019 ordering is closed out completely and 2020 ordering opens. That's the theory at least...

RamGuy84

Reaction score
A very reputable and knowledgeable salesman that I’ve dealt with told me he expects no major changes seeing that the cab is a carryover and not new in size like the 1500s. For example, don’t see a twin panel moonroof coming, large fuel tank, telescopic steering, etc. Rumor is an all new one similar to the 1500 will be out in 2022 or 2023.

HomelessBound

Reaction score
I'd be happy with some pretty small changes. Power running boards without L2 package on the Laramie and Trailer Tire TMPS being sorted out. The ZF 8 speed being rated for 1000+ lb-ft of torque tells me it is destined for the diesel -- if they put that on the Cummins then I will probably change for gas->diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread