Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 hd service manual

zhauler

Reaction score
hello all!

new to the ctd family finally!

looking for factory service manuals in paper if possible.....

gm has helm manuals i use for my vette, it's nice to know how factory does it...

thanks in advance!

20200702_134944.jpg

R.J.

Reaction score
Is this complete with wiring diagrams?

zhauler

Reaction score
i wound up picking it up directly from techauthority.com but its only the hd supplement, not the entire manual.... (it was also 80 bux cheaper)

probably need their online sub to get it... longing for the days of paper manuals ;)

2020-08-06 09.26.27.jpg

Trevor537

Reaction score
I can't find this manual online they seem to be out of stock. I am trying to install new injectors. Can someone tell me what the torque specs are for the injectors and new hydraulic lifters please?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

GotDiesel

Reaction score
Seems silly for a USB aka digital data to be out of stock.
Yes I know the model year has completed production, but there are hundreds of thousands of 2020 trucks out there in the world. Even if they made the flash drives per order so to speak it would make more sense. Heck, something even easier, would be a digital download. It then could be updated and folks could download the updates as needed/desired. Very little cost to maintain.
And for those folks without reliable internet or that pay by the byte of data, why not have a link a parts department could access and download and then deliver to the local customer?
But to simply list the part as out of stock? Hey, that is not a great idea. I have the complete entire printed service manuals for my 2008 2500 sitting on a bookshelf.
I guess it's a sales/marketing thing - you have to bring the truck to the dealer, no do it/fix it yourself. Granted you have to have the dealer computer and or something similar to work on most cars/trucks these days anyway. But there are folks that have the knowledge and the equipment, just need the procedures, etc the manual would provide.
Does that mean the dealers are no longer able to get the information? I would venture a guess that a dealer continues to have access to said manual(s) as needed, so the data is there in some form, most likely in digital form, as that is the easiest way to maintain and keep the information current as parts change and or procedures are updated.

GotDiesel
Richmond VA

Jackmup

Reaction score
I'm looking for one I just got the 6.4. laying under the truck undercoating wondering what some of that **** is? but for those of you with 6.7 don't forget cummins they are a whole separate deal. They have a lot but never everything on their sites. I am pretty certain you can log on and put in the engine model and serial and get access. Without paying.

Rogue 2500

Reaction score
Seems silly for a USB aka digital data to be out of stock.
Yes I know the model year has completed production, but there are hundreds of thousands of 2020 trucks out there in the world. Even if they made the flash drives per order so to speak it would make more sense. Heck, something even easier, would be a digital download. It then could be updated and folks could download the updates as needed/desired. Very little cost to maintain.
And for those folks without reliable internet or that pay by the byte of data, why not have a link a parts department could access and download and then deliver to the local customer?
But to simply list the part as out of stock? Hey, that is not a great idea. I have the complete entire printed service manuals for my 2008 2500 sitting on a bookshelf.
I guess it's a sales/marketing thing - you have to bring the truck to the dealer, no do it/fix it yourself. Granted you have to have the dealer computer and or something similar to work on most cars/trucks these days anyway. But there are folks that have the knowledge and the equipment, just need the procedures, etc the manual would provide.
Does that mean the dealers are no longer able to get the information? I would venture a guess that a dealer continues to have access to said manual(s) as needed, so the data is there in some form, most likely in digital form, as that is the easiest way to maintain and keep the information current as parts change and or procedures are updated.

GotDiesel
Richmond VA
It sucks. I suspect it may have to do with COVID now. The new service manuals appear to be on a USB card. It looks specially made to look something like a credit card. I also suspect they may have some kind of special security to stop copies being made. I am hoping when things return to normal, they will produce them again.

The dealer systems are tied to the corporate network, so they have direct access to the information.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
another bump...any ideas? I dont mind paying 300ish just need it for the pw build.

Jackmup

Reaction score
I'm coming up empty also. But I just want one don't need one. In a pinch you may want to go back a couple years and use an older manual for 6.4 info. Sorta sucks but it's better than guessing at torque specs. This is BS it should be downloadable what's the deal with the usb. Have you tried calling Ram?

desert_wagon

Reaction score
heres what echAuthority said in an email request....As Adobe ended support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020, in order to insure that Mopar TechAuthority is selling products containing current technology, we have removed all Service CDs and USBs for purchase from Mopar TechAuthority. Please check back thru early 2021 for the newest product releases free from Flash Player as we are working to stock/restock products in Mopar TechAuthority.

I refuse to pay for an overpriced subscription, toyota was like 30 bucks for a month or 10 bucks for 3 days.

GotDiesel

Reaction score
heres what echAuthority said in an email request....As Adobe ended support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020, in order to insure that Mopar TechAuthority is selling products containing current technology, we have removed all Service CDs and USBs for purchase from Mopar TechAuthority. Please check back thru early 2021 for the newest product releases free from Flash Player as we are working to stock/restock products in Mopar TechAuthority.

I refuse to pay for an overpriced subscription, toyota was like 30 bucks for a month or 10 bucks for 3 days.
Well, that is an interesting fact that I had not considered. Animation in their electronic manuals. As I would have guessed that they were simple PDF format or similar representation of paper diagrams/pages. So I guess they will have to take the animations and convert them to MP4 standards. I guess that is/will be a headache. I would have never expected movies in this sort of product. As I would like to be able to "grab a page" print it out and take it to my truck/car to work on and not worry about destroying the electronic devices required to view the electronic manual.

Maybe, if they are smart they will then break it down into smaller sections (easier to update and easier to download) for all parties. Or this is a convenient excuse to discontinue the product due to lack of sales, but why not just say that, so I guess at the end of the year there should be new manuals out for purchase.

Respectfully,
GotDiesel

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

I guess they didn't get the 100 memos and didn't have time to prepare for the demise of the flash player?

Rogue 2500

Reaction score
So, I just got off the phone and the USB service manuals are available for the 2020 2500. You can order from this link below. These do not include wiring diagrams. I was told they are mostly service procedures. They may contain some relate wiring diagrams, but not all inclusive. They are $199.95.

This information includes:

• Repair procedures that highlight step-by-step removal and installation instructions for vehicle components and include line art drawings to aid in component service
  • Diagnostic procedures to aid in the diagnosis of electrical and mechanical systems, DTCs, and symptom-based concerns
  • It does not contain the traditional wiring diagram information. It does contain the wiring information relevant to a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in the diagnostic procedure for the specific DTC.
2500:

3500:

They told me Chrysler was reworking them.

Users who are viewing this thread