Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 to 2020 Changes?

SavageBrewer

Reaction score
Has there been any news on changes from, 2019 to 2020 models other than a few trim package changes?
And when do we expect to see 2020 announcements from RAM?

evanyj350

Reaction score
Yes, wondering if there is any chance the Multifunction Tailgate or the Panoramic Sunroof will be available. So far looks like only on the 1500s.

Distillusion

Reaction score
Yeah, the tailgate is a real deal maker, especially. It would make my hauling a LOT easier.

I did read somewhere that the sunroof won't work because of the frame of the HDs. ??

Ivanvent

Reaction score
Yeah I’m also waiting for details. There really isn’t any reason to jump on a 19 since there isn’t much rebates being offered. I imagine they won’t release details until ordering closes for 19’s

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
2020 will have trailer blind spot monitor like 1500’s. Wonder if ur will be there at roll out or will it show up on 2021 models?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ram will not announce the 2020 changes until late 2019. While the 2020 Ram 1500s are in dealerships already, because of the late start of the model year, the 2020 Heavy Duty models won't be coming till January.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
Ram will not announce the 2020 changes until late 2019. While the 2020 Ram 1500s are in dealerships already, because of the late start of the model year, the 2020 Heavy Duty models won't be coming till January.

Yes they will not officially announce any changes. However technical publications are not real good at hiding the updates!

switz

Reaction score
Just read this on cnet. Looks like the TPMS is finally going to be offered. No word on it working on my 2019 3500. And, they talk about two aux cameras.

Joe2bear

Reaction score
The changes to the heavy-duty Ram 2500 and 3500 are a little less extensive, mainly increasing the availability of new optional equipment. Lane keep assist and adaptive steering are now available on all trim levels, as is blind spot monitoring and trailer tire pressure monitoring. The auxiliary camera system supports two different cameras now, and you now get a standard 50-gallon fuel tank on crew-cab models with the 8-foot bed. Black wheels are now available on the 2500 Power Wagon off-road model, and two new paint colors can be had on any of these trucks: Hydro Blue and Olive Green.

So essentially, Ram finally completed what we were supposed to do with the 19 trucks.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
All the 2020 changes have been posted on the front page... 2019 Ram Heavy Duty buyers can be happy that not a lot has changed.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, wondering if there is any chance the Multifunction Tailgate or the Panoramic Sunroof will be available. So far looks like only on the 1500s.

Because the 5th Generation Ram has a different cab and has more rigidity to its cab, it was designed around the panoramic sunroof. The 2019/2020 Ram Heavy Duty models are still the 4th Generation trucks and can not adapt the sunroof from the 1500 without a major overhaul.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I'd just like to get the stuff that was advertised in the first place...
The addition of trailer in the blind-spot system should have been included from the go.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have to ask, why would Ram go to all the trouble to fit everything in the current Gen cab just to change it within two years ? also what is wrong with the Asian transmission ? I the love the Asian when towing .Everyone speaks of mileage with a 9 speed I still get 13 miles a gallon when towing 14 thousand ponds. The Ford and Chevy still get awe full mileage even with the 10 speeds.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I have to ask, why would Ram go to all the trouble to fit everything in the current Gen cab just to change it within two years ? also what is wrong with the Asian transmission ? I the love the Asian when towing .Everyone speaks of mileage with a 9 speed I still get 13 miles a gallon when towing 14 thousand ponds. The Ford and Chevy still get awe full mileage even with the 10 speeds.
Actually, TFL guys did a MPG run loaded with all big 3 trucks. RAM finished 2nd in time and 3rd in fuel economy. Ford having the higher number of HP, it was expected that it would finish first on time. But I didn't expect it to also finish first in MPG... That's a shame as the Cummins used to be the MPG leader. A new transmission should help on both tests.

D

Deleted member 80

While a new trans may help empty highway driving, when pulling heavy those ten speed trucks are generally in sixth or seventh anyway, with seventh being direct. My Aisin stays in sixth, second overdrive the vast majority of the time. The new HO Cummins is just harder on fuel. I think they ventured too far off the path by running different compression ratio, turbo, etc. versus the Std. There were never so many mechanical differences between the Std and HO in previous generations. I don't care about being a minute slower up the Ike, but 6 mpg on the mpg loop is atrocious. Semis grossing 80,000 lbs do better than that, today. Ram/Cummins had better wake up.

Pulling the same toy hauler, my HO is only 2 mpg better than my previous, totally overloaded 6.4 Hemi, which also had 4.10s and a six speed. That's sad.

Users who are viewing this thread