Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Heavy Duty orders - Tell us about yours!

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Signature says it all. Ordered Monday, 8 April and are looking forward to trading in our 2016 F-150. Bye Ford.
Alright, we ordered the same day. Let's see how long it takes to get them manufactured and to our dealers.

Westfield

Reaction score
Finally getting a big boy truck. My first truck was a 2008 2wd Ranger 4-banger with a manual transmission and open differential. Moved on to a 2016 Colorado Z71 crew cab. Then had a daughter and realized I needed to upgrade to a cab that can properly handle a car seat... somehow that turned into:

3500 Laramie Mega Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box
  • Exterior: Blue Streak Pearl Coat Monotone
  • Engine: 6.4 HEMI
  • Axle: 4.10 Axle
  • Options:
    • Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
    • Clearance Lamps
    • Auxiliary Switches
    • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Group
    • Rear Air Suspension
    • Safety Group
    • Power Deployable Running Boards
    • Towing Technology Group
    • Uconnect 12.0"
    • Sport Appearance Package
    • Dual Alternators - 380amp
    • Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
    • Spray in Bedliner

Ordered 3/30, I'm assuming my dealer entered it 4/1. 4/2 I already had my VIN and D1 status. Ram chat seems to be useless with providing dates. I didn't realize the old VOTS system was disabled so I emailed their support group, they emailed back that I had a build week of 4/22. Yesterday my dealer emailed me and claimed it has a 4/22 ship date. I don't believe either of them, but I'm hoping it's close. It just seems too quick.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Okay boys and girls. I'm officially in the club now! Order entered today:

3500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box
2-weeks since my order was entered and I still don’t have a VIN#. Dealer says RAM is having issues with the "Trailer Technology" group change in the order guide. And the Business Center was closed Friday and Today for Easter, so he’s unable to get any further info for me. #Frustrated

texas.yankee

Reaction score
2-weeks since my order was entered and I still don’t have a VIN#. Dealer says RAM is having issues with the "Trailer Technology" group change in the order guide. And the Business Center was closed Friday and Today for Easter, so he’s unable to get any further info for me. #Frustrated

Wonder what issue they are having?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

Maybe RAM Chat could provide an answer? Worth trying if nothing else....

arwright

Reaction score
Ordered 4/19 and received my VON on the 22nd. Beyond excited!

MSRP: 84,220
Negotiated: 77,000 +TTL

3500 Limited Mega Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box
  • Exterior: Bright White w/ Body Color Bumper Group
  • Engine: 6.7L Diesel
  • Axle: 3.73 Axle
  • Options:
    • Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
    • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
    • Clearance Lamps
    • Air Bags
    • Rambox
    • Mopar Deployable Bed Step
    • Power Deployable Running Boards
    • Uconnect 12.0"
    • Dual Alternators - 440amp
    • Spray in Bedliner
    • Engine Block Heater
    • Protection Group

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Ask the dealer for the the VON (vehicle order number)?
Thanks Gondul. That helped.

Contacted RAM Chat and found out the VIN# still hasn't been issued and my truck is now in C status. So, considering I'm still not even at D status yet, let alone D1, clearly something is up in the factory on the 3500 Limited's as it seems everyone else's orders here move along quite nicely (VIN # in a day or two, followed shortly by D1 status) compared to my order.

My dealer thinks the delay is due to moving the Towing Technology Group (AAN) into the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group (A69), but that sounds awfully fishy to me. It's nothing more than a procedural move! Especially when one considers the three items contained within AAN (trailer reverse guide, center stop camera, and surround view camera) are identical to the 2500's.

On the subject of RAM chat, do you have to provide your information to the Chat Rep (name, email, telephone #) for "security purposes" each time you start a chat, even though RAM forces to you input the exact same information on the chat start screen before you can even type in your chat message?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

On the subject of RAM chat, do you have to provide your information to the Chat Rep (name, email, telephone #) for "security purposes" each time you start a chat, even though RAM forces to you input the exact same information on the chat start screen before you can even type in your chat message?

You are very welcome... and yes, I have had to confirm my name, address and VIN every MOnday morning when I contact RAM Chat

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
...and yes, I have had to confirm my name, address and VIN every MOnday morning when I contact RAM Chat
I was afraid of that. It's one of my pet peeves. No different than when you call a company and they force you to use their automated voice system only to have you repeat the exact same information when you finally get to speak to a "live" person. Airlines, Banks, and Healthcare companies seem to be the worst. I HATE WHEN COMPANIES WASTE MY TIME!!!

ghaynes754

Reaction score
I put my full info into a word doc. Request, VIN, VON, name, address, phone, email etc. I copy and paste that into the chat window. Goes much quicker. Usually in about 2 minutes I have the info though I always seem to have to ask a second time for the actual status code.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I put my full info into a word doc. Request, VIN, VON, name, address, phone, email etc. I copy and paste that into the chat window. Goes much quicker. Usually in about 2 minutes I have the info though I always seem to have to ask a second time for the actual status code.

I don't think they give the Status code unless you ask.. most people are likely unaware that you can find them on line so the reps just provide a description of the status...

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy

Ordered 4/10 and received my VON on the 11th.
Received VIN# 4/15
MSRP: 82,630
Negotiated: 72,899.00 +TTL
2500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, w/6'4" box
Exterior: Delmonico Red w/ Body Color Bumper Group
Engine: 6.7L Diesel
Axle: 3.73 Axle
Options:
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Customer Preferred Package 2HM
  • Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • Snow Chief Group
  • Adds
    • Clearance Lamps
    • 220-Amp Alternator
    • Protection Group
    • Anti-Spin Differential
    • Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
  • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep
  • Rambox delete
  • CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Deployable Bed Step
  • Power Sun Roof
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
Currently in D1 status

Last edited:

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
I don't think they give the Status code unless you ask.. most people are likely unaware that you can find them on line so the reps just provide a description of the status...
My chat rep today was just the opposite as the only info provided was "in C status now" and "check back in a few days for a VIN#" without any explanation of what the code meant. Mind you, this is my only experience with RAM Chat, so they may likely behave in the way you describe from here on out.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
My chat rep today was just the opposite as the only info provided was "in C status now" and "check back in a few days for a VIN#" without any explanation of what the code meant. Mind you, this is my only experience with RAM Chat, so they may likely behave in the way you describe from here on out.

Weird.. I've had to ask every time for the Status Code... otherwise they just kinda describe where it is in the process.

texas.yankee

Reaction score

Contacted RAM Chat and found out the VIN# still hasn't been issued and my truck is now in C status. So, considering I'm still not even at D status yet, let alone D1, clearly something is up in the factory on the 3500 Limited's as it seems everyone else's orders here move along quite nicely (VIN # in a day or two, followed shortly by D1 status) compared to my order.

My dealer thinks the delay is due to moving the Towing Technology Group (AAN) into the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group (A69), but that sounds awfully fishy to me. It's nothing more than a procedural move! Especially when one considers the three items contained within AAN (trailer reverse guide, center stop camera, and surround view camera) are identical to the 2500's.

I have a very similar package to you, albeit a 2500, but it took nearly 3 weeks for me to get a VIN, and then another week almost to go into D1 status. So I would think there is something in the package that is causing the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread