Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Heavy Duty orders - Tell us about yours!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Has anybody determined whether the Auxiliary Trailer Camera Prep Group (needed for a remote trailer camera) is available as mentioned elsewhere in this forum? I don't see anyone ordering such a thing or see any on dealer lots listing that prep. group. Ram news releases mention this provides a different wiring Pin connector at the rear of the truck 12 pin vs 7.

This was the response I got from RAM:

"With regards to the Trailer Camera; this camera is not included within the Cargo Camera Group. The available Auxiliary Trailer Camera Prep Group is a separate group that can be added to the Ram HD pickup to make monitoring an add-on trailer camera convenient.

This group provides these features to make installation/use easier:
  • Compatible with 8.4” and 12” Uconnect Display
  • Camera interface display software programmed in radio
  • 7-/12-way connectors at rear bumper or in pickup bed
The Trailer Camera itself is not included and can be purchased aftermarket through Mopar."

orlando bull

Reaction score
So that is available now in the order system, where it was not before?
I don't have any info on the camera stuff, I was responding to when I got my VIN.

Edit... I was curious, so, I went to the new build and price, found this nugget with the towing tech group...

Trailer Reverse Guidance
Back up more confidently with Trailer Reverse Guidance, which displays the output from your trailer cameras on your vehicle's touchscreen with overlaid guidelines so you can see your progress as you reverse.

Not sure if that really clears it up, but, since there isn't an "auxiliary camera prep group", I would think it would be included in the towing tech package, the above seems to indicate that it is.

Last edited:

Don-T

Reaction score
Has anybody determined whether the Auxiliary Trailer Camera Prep Group (needed for a remote trailer camera) is available as mentioned elsewhere in this forum? I don't see anyone ordering such a thing or see any on dealer lots listing that prep. group. Ram news releases mention this provides a different wiring Pin connector at the rear of the truck 12 pin vs 7.
I believe my truck will have it as I ordered it and the window sticker and build sheet show it. As for as I know the truck is still in Mexico for some reason so I don’t know what I will get it to find out.

Don-T

Reaction score
I don't have any info on the camera stuff, I was responding to when I got my VIN.

Edit... I was curious, so, I went to the new build and price, found this nugget with the towing tech group...

Trailer Reverse Guidance
Back up more confidently with Trailer Reverse Guidance, which displays the output from your trailer cameras on your vehicle's touchscreen with overlaid guidelines so you can see your progress as you reverse.

Not sure if that really clears it up, but, since there isn't an "auxiliary camera prep group", I would think it would be included in the towing tech package, the above seems to indicate that it is.
This is how I understood it will be.

D

Deleted member 80

I looked at a 3500 SRW that had the trailer tech group on the window sticker, but saw no evidence of the extra connector for the camera, so there must be an additional option that does not show up on the web builder yet.

Don-T

Reaction score
This was the response I got from RAM:

"With regards to the Trailer Camera; this camera is not included within the Cargo Camera Group. The available Auxiliary Trailer Camera Prep Group is a separate group that can be added to the Ram HD pickup to make monitoring an add-on trailer camera convenient.

This group provides these features to make installation/use easier:
  • Compatible with 8.4” and 12” Uconnect Display
  • Camera interface display software programmed in radio
  • 7-/12-way connectors at rear bumper or in pickup bed
The Trailer Camera itself is not included and can be purchased aftermarket through Mopar."
This is different that what I have read and been told by my dealer. I was led to believed the trailer camera is included with the Trailer Tow Tech group. I wonder which is right?

aduc

Reaction score
I believe my truck will have it as I ordered it and the window sticker and build sheet show it. As for as I know the truck is still in Mexico for some reason so I don’t know what I will get it to find out.
Cool if you have the window sticker, please post, Dealers don't seem to know much about the prep group.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
You would think dealers want to sell vehicles... I sent out six emails to surrounding dealers for them email me their best price on a 2500 with the options I listed.

ONE dealer actually replied with what I requested... one said they don't sell RAMS (but they are listed as a CJDR dealer?) Two emailed asking for more information, I referred them to the original email which has all they information they need at this point. One sent multiple emails questioning me on where I saw this vehicle, and one never replied...

Why does this need to needlessly difficult...

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Why does this need to needlessly difficult...
No idea. I have my own story with a Sales Manager who couldn't follow simple instructions so I moved on. Of course he still has a sales person pestering me via voicemail. Drives me nuts.

Stewy3

Reaction score
No idea. I have my own story with a Sales Manager who couldn't follow simple instructions so I moved on. Of course he still has a sales person pestering me via voicemail. Drives me nuts.
Billy Hennessy at Dennis Dillon is the best!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Signed the order form yesterday.
Should be getting entered into the system today.

2500, 4x4, Crew Cab, 6ft bed
6.4 Hemi
Anti-spin Diff
Max Steel
Black Interior
Limited Level 1
Towing Tech Group
Bed Step
Ram Box Delete

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Signed the order form yesterday.
Should be getting entered into the system today.

2500, 4x4, Crew Cab, 6ft bed
6.4 Hemi
Anti-spin Diff
Max Steel
Black Interior
Limited Level 1
Towing Tech Group
Bed Step
Ram Box Delete
Good for you! You've gone about a lightweight as possible on your Limited, so a lot of folks are going to be anxious to see your payload when you get it. I would think you'll be above 2,400 lbs.

I'm getting close to an order myself. Stay tuned.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Good for you! You've gone about a lightweight as possible on your Limited, so a lot of folks are going to be anxious to see your payload when you get it. I would think you'll be above 2,400 lbs.

I'm getting close to an order myself. Stay tuned.

I really like my 1500 Limited... the Longhorn isn't my thing and by the time you add stuff to the Laramie, you are knocking on the door to a Limited.

The Longhorn I posted over here is sitting at 2735 for payload and it has stuff I didn't even order so I'm hopeful for a good payload.

2500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
The Longhorn I posted over here is sitting at 2735 for payload and it has stuff I didn't even order so I'm hopeful for a good payload.
Yeah, you're definitely right. I forgot you were getting gasser and not the diesel. You're definitely going to be in good shape.

redwinelvr

Reaction score
I was getting ready to order a fully loaded 2019 PowerWagon from a Colorado Springs dealer, but when I asked the dealer if he could tell me the current pricing knowing it could change based on incentives during delivery, he basically said, it is full MSRP right now and would discuss final pricing later. Based on stories you have all indicated, I decided something wasn't right and walked. Now I won't trust this dealer at all and have to find alternatives. Looks like maybe Dennis Dillon is in my future for now. I hate dealers.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I was getting ready to order a fully loaded 2019 PowerWagon from a Colorado Springs dealer, but when I asked the dealer if he could tell me the current pricing knowing it could change based on incentives during delivery, he basically said, it is full MSRP right now and would discuss final pricing later. Based on stories you have all indicated, I decided something wasn't right and walked. Now I won't trust this dealer at all and have to find alternatives. Looks like maybe Dennis Dillon is in my future for now. I hate dealers.

Yeah... no.

Go through the thread if you haven't already and get an idea of what folks are paying... drop the lowest and the highest prices, then average the rest. You're close enough to Dillion to make it work if you can't find someone more local to work with you.

Nordic28

Reaction score
So far working with Dennis Dillon has been a great experience. I just gave them my spec, and they ordered it with a $1000 deposit. they gave me a great guaranteed price off MSRP, plus any additional rebates at time of sale. About a week later their custom department sawtooth USA emailed me. They have been a pleasure to work with also. Their prices were better than I could get locally for a lift/wheels/tires. I put a down payment there also.

GONZO

Reaction score
I ordered the black package. That's what everyone is calling it up in Canada. I went with the crew cab diesel.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Okay boys and girls. I'm officially in the club now! Order entered today:

3500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box
  • Exterior: Granite Crystal Metallic
  • Interior: Black
  • Engine: 6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
  • Transmission: 6-Spd Automatic Aisin AS69RC HD
  • Axle: 3.73 Axle
  • Options:
    • Protection Group
    • Towing Technology Group