Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Heavy Duty: Hooking Up Your Trailer Has Never Been Easier:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Towing Technology Package Is A Must Have Option, For Those Who Haul...

RM019_034HD.jpg

RTillery

Reaction score
Got it on my 3500 SRW. Capitol A Awesome. I'm relearning how to back up. It is kind of hard to see over the hood and sides and judge how close you are. Rear too. The 360 camera setup and parking sensors are replacing my reliance on mirrors and guessing. It is also good for centering and squaring up in a parking spot. I took the wife out to the Dairy Queen and they have a terribly tight drive thru. I've always bounced off the curbs getting in and out. Not now! It's like having a drone looking down and calling in directions.

As good as the camera system is, the Adaptive Cruise Control just blows me away. I pulled my 7000lb trailer through Denver rush hour traffic and it was easy peazy. Just set your top speed and follow the guy in front of you. From 65 to stopped, the truck kept just the right gap between us and I hardly ever touched the brake or throttle.

The lateral stability towing was impressive. My old 04 2500 had no problems, but the 3500 with air leveling rides better and hardly gave an indication the trailer was back there. My cheeks are sore from smiling.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Got it on my 3500 SRW. Capitol A Awesome. I'm relearning how to back up. It is kind of hard to see over the hood and sides and judge how close you are. Rear too. The 360 camera setup and parking sensors are replacing my reliance on mirrors and guessing. It is also good for centering and squaring up in a parking spot. I took the wife out to the Dairy Queen and they have a terribly tight drive thru. I've always bounced off the curbs getting in and out. Not now! It's like having a drone looking down and calling in directions.

As good as the camera system is, the Adaptive Cruise Control just blows me away. I pulled my 7000lb trailer through Denver rush hour traffic and it was easy peazy. Just set your top speed and follow the guy in front of you. From 65 to stopped, the truck kept just the right gap between us and I hardly ever touched the brake or throttle.

The lateral stability towing was impressive. My old 04 2500 had no problems, but the 3500 with air leveling rides better and hardly gave an indication the trailer was back there. My cheeks are sore from smiling.
Sounds awesome man!!!

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Towing Technology Package Is A Must Have Option, For Those Who Haul...

RM019_034HD.jpg

While we are on the subject ...I have some questions about this package. On Ram's build site when you click on the details, from the Towing Tech Group, under packages, this is what comes up under Trailer Reverse Guidance.

Trailer Reverse Guidance
Back up more confidently with Trailer Reverse Guidance, which displays the output from your trailer cameras on your vehicle's touchscreen with overlaid guidelines so you can see your progress as you reverse.

When they mention "Your trailer cameras on your vehicles touchscreen" what Camera's are they talking about? How do I connect the cameras on my 5th wheel to be displayed on my trucks touchscreen?

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject ...I have some questions about this package. On Ram's build site when you click on the details, from the Towing Tech Group, under packages, this is what comes up under Trailer Reverse Guidance.

Trailer Reverse Guidance
Back up more confidently with Trailer Reverse Guidance, which displays the output from your trailer cameras on your vehicle's touchscreen with overlaid guidelines so you can see your progress as you reverse.

When they mention "Your trailer cameras on your vehicles touchscreen" what Camera's are they talking about? How do I connect the cameras on my 5th wheel to be displayed on my trucks touchscreen?

Read through here. Everything we know so far is here

Users who are viewing this thread