Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 2500 6.4 Hemi Issues

rmcnic

Reaction score
Hi,
A week back took the truck and no issues. Parked that evening and went to fire it up last Monday morning and cranked, but would not start. Not even a hint of ignition.

Checked all fuses, swapped relays, ran starter fluid into the intake and nothing. Used 2 different fobs, did a remote start and even a satellite start through UCONNECT. Battery has been checked and not an issue. Had a mechanic come out and he could not find anything after a comprehensive look for 3 hours. Could not get a reading from the ODB scanners (3 different units).

Got an appointment with the dealership (La Paz, Mexico) for this coming Tuesday and have arranged a tow. In preparation, I activated the neutral release mechanism to ensure it would be ready for towing. Just for fun tried turning it over one more time and it fired up for a few seconds. Tried again and it now ran, but at 4,000 rpm. Shut it down after 10 seconds.

I'm relying on the dealership to address it Tuesday, but thought I'd post in case anyone had any insight to this issue. Thinking it is probably tte ECM. Intermittent is not good as I'm way down Baja, Mexico (La Paz) and need to drive back through remote areas to the border near Yuma (1,300 km.). Could the 4,000 rpm. idle be the ECM losing its programming? Truck has 51,000 km.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• 1675096334663.gif
    1675096334663.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 10
  • 1675096334770.gif
    1675096334770.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 10

flan

Reaction score
Not sure, but keep us posted on a repair in case someone else comes along with a similar issue.
Thanks and welcome to the board

Users who are viewing this thread